ParkFans Logo

2016 Concerts

12/19/15 at 11:05am in 2016 Concerts
Concerts are back for 2016. Not sure which series just yet, but there will be at least a handful.

Find Me: Twitter | Facebook | Google+
Contact Me: Private Message | Email

Our biggest foe is our inclination towards complacency and willingness to settle for mediocrity.
Thanks given by:  Connor, Nicole, horsesboy, Alf33, Cawgy, jornor
12/19/15 at 12:44pm in 2016 Concerts (Latest Edit: 12/19/15 at 12:48pm by Matthew.)
Look at what they can do with all that money they won't be spending on a summer event. Concerts, and a summer-time RPT show!

Speaking of location, I believe the concert series next year will be held in Festhaus park like they used to be when there was a summertime show in the RPT. Also, I have heard Landscaping has been prepping FHP(Overseeding and Aeration(Growing New Grass)) for "events" next year...
Thanks given by:  Jesy, Zachary, Connor, John, Alf33, jornor
12/19/15 at 01:03pm in 2016 Concerts
I don't think I've ever been this happy.
Thanks given by:  Connor, jornor
12/19/15 at 02:21pm in 2016 Concerts
Well this will been interesting.
Only been to one concert at Busch and it was years ago were the Drachen Fire station is.

"Proud son of Old Virginia"
Thanks given by:  jornor, bobn61
12/19/15 at 06:05pm in 2016 Concerts
I was always a fan of the concerts. No idea if they were beneficial or hurtful to the park but I enjoyed them as a consumer.
Thanks given by:  Matthew, Zachary, Alf33, jornor
12/19/15 at 06:26pm in 2016 Concerts
They may have not been my thing, but I know a bunch of people who were dissapointed in no concerts this past season. I liked concert days because once they started, the park was dead outside of the RPT.
Thanks given by:  MAZ
12/20/15 at 10:55pm in 2016 Concerts
Am I the only one who thinks concerts at a theme park are unnecessary? I go to theme parks for original/unique content. There are several concert venues in Hampton Roads, so there is no need. I see that people enjoy them; I am just perplexed by it though. I'd rather be riding rides or seeing original shows than taking up time watching a concert. When Peter Frampton came some years back I was there that day but I stayed away from Festhaus park and enjoyed the coasters that night. To each his own, I guess.
Thanks given by:  Thomas, Nicole, Mushroom
12/21/15 at 08:18am in 2016 Concerts
(12/20/15 10:55pm)Imaginique Wrote:  Am I the only one who thinks concerts at a theme park are unnecessary? I go to theme parks for original/unique content.

You're not alone. But hey, every rose has it's thorn. amirite?

A ParkFans Advisor for the people!
Thanks given by:  Nicole, Imaginique
12/21/15 at 11:23am in 2016 Concerts
I don't like the shows, and I don't think they bring money into the park, but I accept their existence. As for other venues, the more concert venues the more likely we will get concerts in the region.

Numquam ponenda est pluralitas sine necessitate! - William of Occam
I'm serious now, who here wants my job? - NASA Director James Webb
Thanks given by:  Imaginique
12/21/15 at 11:47am in 2016 Concerts
For example if anyone is interested disturbed is coming to Richmond on March 30th

12/21/15 at 12:58pm in 2016 Concerts
About the only thing that I really have much interest in is Glory at the Gardens. I guess it's because those are the only affordable artists that might have some songs I know. MercyMe, although they are a Christian band, they are played on Light 98. It's their only way of having top chart listing artists without breaking the bank. I also know that Michael W. Smith is known for having a good relationship with SeaWorld and Busch Gardens.

The rest of them that I like are the "oldies" bands. Most of them are not quite what they used to be, but it's still cool to see them. I also agree with Imaginique about the crowds dissipating. I decided one time that rather than actually watching Casting Crowns, I would do a Griffon marathon and catch the finale. That was a big win for me.

"Be careful what you wish for, be sure your wish is wise."
12/21/15 at 02:23pm in 2016 Concerts
I for one loved the concerts and really missed them  as far as I could see the concerts had nothing to do with stopping the ones who go to the park for the rides the concerts never shut down one rids, the reason several years ago that I started buying a park pass was because of the shows then I started riding the coasters again and now I love BOTH!!
12/21/15 at 04:30pm in 2016 Concerts
(12/21/15 12:58pm)CastleOSullivan Wrote:  I also know that Michael W. Smith is known for having a good relationship with SeaWorld and Busch Gardens.

ACK!
Every time his name comes up I get a shooting pain in the front of my head. Back in college I was the radio station's chief engineer. The other engineer ran a "Christian music," hour. For live testing purposes I would often come in during his show and have him run things for me. (it was just easier to work with another engineer then with a average DJ.) Anyway, he must have play 2 to 3 Smith songs for every show, and his station ID had Smith as the background music.

This guy was weird to begin with, but his obsession with Smith made me want to quit working at the station sometimes...

Needless to say, I am not a fan.

Numquam ponenda est pluralitas sine necessitate! - William of Occam
I'm serious now, who here wants my job? - NASA Director James Webb
12/21/15 at 05:37pm in 2016 Concerts
Oh dear lord, The Laurie Berkner Band will be there April 30th.

If you do not have a child who watched Nick Jr. on the reg, you probably will not know who she it. DO NOT YOUTUBE HER! For your sanity, please listen to me. JUST from Googling her name, my head has now been invaded.

If you must, may I recommend such hits as "I'm Me, and You're You," Smile," I'm Gonna Catch You," "Fast and Slow (The Rabbit and the Turtle)" and my personal favorite "Family."

*Wolf Crew 2001* My kids are HoS kids.
Thanks given by:  Sky, Nicole, Zachary, jornor
12/22/15 at 01:10pm in 2016 Concerts
(12/21/15 05:37pm)RocketChk Wrote:  Oh dear lord, The Laurie Berkner Band will be there April 30th.

If you do not have a child who watched Nick Jr. on the reg, you probably will not know who she it. DO NOT YOUTUBE HER! For your sanity, please listen to me. JUST from Googling her name, my head has now been invaded.

If you must, may I recommend such hits as "I'm Me, and You're You," Smile," I'm Gonna Catch You," "Fast and Slow (The Rabbit and the Turtle)" and my personal favorite "Family."

Should I run for my life then like I do for Sesame street and other such shows

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Contact Us | ParkFans Network | Return to Top | Lite (Archive) Mode | RSS Syndication | |