ParkFans Logo

Howl-O-Scream 2016

11/08/15 at 10:44pm in Howl-O-Scream 2016
2015 saw the welcome of three new mazes, two being replacements (13>Unearthed and Root of all Evil>Cornered), and one new maze that was a return to form of early Howl-O-Scream mazes, Lumberhack, situated in the woods adjacent to Festhaus Park.

Two mazes have seen their SEVENTH year at Howl-O-Scream. Bitten, which remains almost completely unchanged and left standing as is since 2009, and Catacombs, which each years gets remade differently due to the modulation of the set pieces.

Fiends was rumored to leave this year...that was shortly recalled and stated the show will return, we will find out the truth in a few months...

What should stay? What should go? What would you like to be new?
Thanks given by:  SWStevo, CastleOSullivan, Peej1212
11/08/15 at 11:05pm in Howl-O-Scream 2016
I would love to see Cut Throat Cove leave. I don't like the pirate theming. I find it overly cheesy. Pirates aren't scary and will never be scary to me. Thanks Johnny Depp.

.:"...I speak horse. He's called Susan. And he wants you to respect his life choices!":.

.:“And the thing is, I like my evil like I like my men - evil. You know, straight up, black hat, tied to the train tracks, 'soon my electro-ray will destroy Metropolis' bad”:.
Thanks given by:  SWStevo, CastleOSullivan, jonfin826, deacfan31, Peej1212
11/08/15 at 11:06pm in Howl-O-Scream 2016
I doubt it but, Pirates are no more, a new Terror-tory or two, a new show, and maybe a new house. Also, Nightmare Express will clearly return.

Where is Hummel Boy?
Thanks given by:  deacfan31, Peej1212
11/30/15 at 10:56pm in Howl-O-Scream 2016
Yo new forum member but Howl-O-Scream Fanatic. To tell the truth this the best Howl-O-Scream we have had in years and having been around for awhile it was great to see the event return to its former glory.
For the most part I am happy with the event except with one or few things which need to go these include Lumberhack which was literally being back at home and Night Beats which either needs to disappear into the night or be revamped.
Thanks given by:  CastleOSullivan, deacfan31
11/30/15 at 11:41pm in Howl-O-Scream 2016 (Latest Edit: 11/30/15 at 11:48pm by Connor.)
With a new VP of entertainment I would suspect new changes, Fiends is done for now supposedly and MS:RR will most likely stay for a few years as it has Monster Stomp in the title. Night Beats is a tricky one as it has mixed reactions and has been running since 2012. Also, with a new summer show using back stage space in the RPT could Catacombs be retired or possibly moved similar to Wicked Woods? RPT can't host a show without backstage space so it's either show or maze in that location.  This is entirely fan speculation other than the departure of Fiends but other may disagree. Should be interesting what we see next year.

Where is Hummel Boy?
Thanks given by:  SWStevo, CastleOSullivan, deacfan31, Peej1212
11/30/15 at 11:59pm in Howl-O-Scream 2016
(11/30/15 10:56pm)The Hessian Wrote:  Yo new forum member but Howl-O-Scream Fanatic. To tell the truth this the best Howl-O-Scream we have had in years and having been around for awhile it was great to see the event return to its former glory.
For the most part I am happy with the event except with one or few things which need to go these include Lumberhack which was literally being back at home and Night Beats which either needs to disappear into the night or be revamped.

Welcome to the Forum, and I agree this year was the best HOS in years.

"Wit has some truth in it; wisecracking is simply calisthenics with words." -- Dorothy Parker
Thanks given by:  The Hessian, SWStevo, Peej1212
12/01/15 at 12:19am in Howl-O-Scream 2016
(11/30/15 11:41pm)Connor Wrote:  With a new VP of entertainment I would suspect new changes, Fiends is done for now supposedly and MS:RR will most likely stay for a few years as it has Monster Stomp in the title. Night Beats is a tricky one as it has mixed reactions and has been running since 2012. Also, with a new summer show using back stage space in the RPT could Catacombs be retired or possibly moved similar to Wicked Woods? RPT can't host a show without backstage space so it's either show or maze in that location.  This is entirely fan speculation other than the departure of Fiends but other may disagree. Should be interesting what we see next year.

What Connor has said reminds me now thinking about it I'm wondering what BG could have lined up for a new main theme for this year's theme was awesome.

"Proud son of Old Virginia"
Thanks given by:  SWStevo
01/06/16 at 10:02am in Howl-O-Scream 2016
Will we see a new theme this year or will scarlet stay?
01/06/16 at 12:50pm in Howl-O-Scream 2016
Gods I hope they ditch Scarlet. That was just terrible.

Numquam ponenda est pluralitas sine necessitate! - William of Occam
I'm serious now, who here wants my job? - NASA Director James Webb
Thanks given by:  Mushroom, Zachary
01/07/16 at 05:47am in Howl-O-Scream 2016
From what I have heard, the park wants to continue with the Unearthed maze next year. With less fuss about dealing with other parks and developers, that should make it easier for them to focus on more important individual elements.

This is purely speculation, but I would expect it to get a revamp a la RoAE. I loved the detail in the maze, and the fact that they covered up more of the existing building than ever. I still believe the maze can be saved, preferably starting with characters and usage of media.

Tampa ultimately ran into the same character/media issues, but their maze was also solid in terms of theme execution. I highly doubt that they will throw all of this costly work away. At least, not when they have a good chance of improving it. They need to keep on trying if they want to succeed at creating more unique stories and environments.

"Be careful what you wish for, be sure your wish is wise."
Thanks given by:  SWStevo, deacfan31, Zachary, Applesauce, Alf33
01/16/16 at 10:11am in Howl-O-Scream 2016
Get rid of the pirates, they aren't any good at all!, let's see something new there this year.
01/16/16 at 11:17am in Howl-O-Scream 2016 (Latest Edit: 01/16/16 at 01:07pm by Connor.)
(01/16/16 10:11am)Rob28 Wrote:  Get rid of the pirates, they aren't any good at all!, let's see something new there this year.
I've heard the rumor that CTC has sailed off the line-up after a three year run according to a fairly reliable source. Of course, this is just a rumor that's thrown around every year. I hope I don't sound like I'm clowning around.

Where is Hummel Boy?
Thanks given by:  CastleOSullivan, SWStevo
01/16/16 at 12:02pm in Howl-O-Scream 2016
When I rode the train this past Christmas Town, I could have sworn CTC was not there anymore. But it was kinda dark, so take that with a grain of salt.

Google+ | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter
Thanks given by:  CastleOSullivan
01/16/16 at 01:20pm in Howl-O-Scream 2016 (Latest Edit: 01/17/16 at 07:36pm by CastleOSullivan.)
I definitely saw work going on during early Christmas Town. This was not just battening down the hatches. The hen houses were being moved to the outside of the fence.

Every house in that location so far has looked beautiful. CTC was the first maze in that spot to last more than two years. Although in my opinion, the scares were about as mediocre as year one of Cursed. The actors were not the problem. Rather, it was the characters.

When they build a new maze there however, I want them to reconfigure the path a bit. After a while, navigating the same path, reversed each time gets tiring. Thankfully, they now know that they can just build a deck in some areas.

"Be careful what you wish for, be sure your wish is wise."
Thanks given by:  Zachary, Matthew, Connor, MAZ, SWStevo
01/17/16 at 03:09pm in Howl-O-Scream 2016
What could we see to replace CTC, any speculations?
Thanks given by:  SWStevo

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Contact Us | ParkFans Network | Return to Top | Lite (Archive) Mode | RSS Syndication | |