ParkFans Logo
which do you think will happen
new trains on griffon
new trains on alpengeist
new trains on both
no new trains at all

Second Generation B&M Trains

09/10/15 at 05:07pm in Second Generation B&M Trains (Latest Edit: 09/11/15 at 12:25pm by Nicole.)
Considering the fact that banshee and valravn has these new trains. We know it is possible for griffon and alpengeist could get these new trains if BGW so desired. So I would like to know, do you think it would be a good idea to get these new trains and do you think that BGW will actually do this at some point.

Rollercoaster?,oh, you must be talking about our festa landscaping project!
09/10/15 at 06:46pm in Second Generation B&M Trains
*(This is my post that I have moved from the valravn forum with a few tweaks.)
I think that new trains on alpengeist would be great. It would improve the ride experience greatly and they could market it like six flags did with the the new revolution. Even if BG would have to do some modications to the near miss buildings and such

09/10/15 at 06:56pm in Second Generation B&M Trains (Latest Edit: 09/10/15 at 06:57pm by Shane.)
I don't think it is likely. These new style trains are wider than the old trains and the ride envelope was designed for the type of trains that are already on these coasters. That is why Rougarou opened with the older foam molded OTSR as they are of similar size to the previous stand-up trains.

We might see these new restraints show up on the reimagined Hulk coaster in Orlando as the ride is getting replaced with an entirely new coaster.

Waking up fresh every mornin'; Openin' up for you; Waitin' for your laughter; With so much new to do! Busch—Gardens! Busch—Gardens! Come to Busch Gardens and come to life! Come to Busch Gardens and come—to life!
Contact Me: Private Message | Email | Twitter | Coaster Count
Thanks given by:  SWStevo
09/10/15 at 07:00pm in Second Generation B&M Trains (Latest Edit: 09/10/15 at 07:02pm by Joe.)
Do Alpengeist or Griffon really need an improved ride experience? Alpengeist may be a bit bouncy but it's far from rough, and Griffon is as smooth as glass. I can't see many people noticing a major change in the experience... certainly not enough to justify the millions of dollars it would cost.

To paraphrase one of my favorite movies, some of you are so preoccupied with whether you could that you don't stop to think if you should.

Find Busch Dominion:
BuschDominion.com | Instagram | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube
Thanks given by:  Matthew, SWStevo
09/10/15 at 07:03pm in Second Generation B&M Trains
Lets pretend that ride envelope isn't a problem for just a second. If the park(s) could put these new trains on older coasters I don't see a return on investment. Its not going to create a new and interesting ride experience. The only exception is converting stand-up coasters to sitting coasters IMO.

Waking up fresh every mornin'; Openin' up for you; Waitin' for your laughter; With so much new to do! Busch—Gardens! Busch—Gardens! Come to Busch Gardens and come to life! Come to Busch Gardens and come—to life!
Contact Me: Private Message | Email | Twitter | Coaster Count
Thanks given by:  MAZ, SWStevo
09/10/15 at 07:05pm in Second Generation B&M Trains (Latest Edit: 09/10/15 at 07:14pm by Eric.)
I think it would certainly help with the head banging on the cobra roll and the pre-mcbr transition on alpengiest. Also it would make the ride feel more open.

Thanks given by:  SWStevo
09/10/15 at 07:20pm in Second Generation B&M Trains
Alpiengiest just needs bigger restraints, the "big boy" seats really don't give you that much more room.
Thanks given by:  Eric, Peej1212
09/10/15 at 07:29pm in Second Generation B&M Trains
Thats true, but at least they have them

09/10/15 at 07:40pm in Second Generation B&M Trains
For what it is worth, none of my friends liked the restraints on Banshee. They aren't terrible, but they are really tight and press down on your shoulders. They reminded me a bit of the restraints on the Stitch attraction at Disney. And for context, the really skinny people found them super-tight and uncomfortable.

So I certainly wouldn't advocate installing them on Alpie.

"Wit has some truth in it; wisecracking is simply calisthenics with words." -- Dorothy Parker
Thanks given by:  Eric, Zachary, Unagi
09/10/15 at 07:45pm in Second Generation B&M Trains
I don't get headbang in Alpens's cobra roll. But I will only ride in the front seat. I would imagine it gets pretty whippy towards the back. Even then, I just put my head forward through the restraint and there's nothing for it to hit.

Where? Behind the rabbit?
Thanks given by:  SWStevo, Eric
09/10/15 at 08:16pm in Second Generation B&M Trains (Latest Edit: 09/10/15 at 08:42pm by Eric.)
Ok, maybe putting new trains wouldnt be the best option(especially according to the poll)but I just want to say that BGW could put in new trains on one or both B&M's and in my opinion, i think it would be a better ride but then again, I am basing this off the fact that I thought the restraints on gatekeeper were a lot better than the original, but maybe that was just because it was my first ride at cedar point and I was really excited. Also, from what I heard, a lot of people like the restraints of banshee.

09/10/15 at 08:20pm in Second Generation B&M Trains
BGW could do pretty much anything "if they wanted to". That doesn't mean they should.

Heck, they could build some crappy cloned Premier coaster and plop it next to Apollo's Chariot "if they wanted to."

Oh wait.

Find Busch Dominion:
BuschDominion.com | Instagram | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube
Thanks given by:  TrevorBondi, Eric, GeoUSA, IonZer0
09/10/15 at 08:25pm in Second Generation B&M Trains
Dear god, Joe! The Tempesto roast will never stop! Laughing

Lightning Rod - Maverick - Fury 325 - Skyrush- Intimidator 305 - Millennium Force - Stormrunner - Apollo's Chariot - Mako - Wild Eagle
Thanks given by:  Eric
09/10/15 at 08:27pm in Second Generation B&M Trains (Latest Edit: 09/10/15 at 08:31pm by Eric.)
Your right, I guess I wasnt thinking about it in that way. But anyways, the posts i made are just my opinion on the subject.

09/10/15 at 10:15pm in Second Generation B&M Trains
I don't think BGW needs new restraints on Alpengeist. The only one spot I've ever had issue with on the ride is the entry right into the midcourse and I always brace myself for that part. I rode Banshee earlier this year and while I didn't have a problem with the restraint my 6'5" friend hated them. He felt it was uncomfortable on his shoulders and collarbone.
Thanks given by:  Eric, Nicole, Zachary

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Contact Us | ParkFans Network | Return to Top | Lite (Archive) Mode | RSS Syndication | |