ParkFans Logo

Journey to Atlantis

08/31/15 at 04:47pm in Journey to Atlantis (Latest Edit: 09/01/15 at 03:55pm by Eric.)
Since I noticed there wasnt already a thread for this, i decided to a thread for Journey to Atlantis at Seaworld Orlando. Here you can express all of your thoughts and ideas for this water ride.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Rollercoaster?,oh, you must be talking about our festa landscaping project!
08/31/15 at 04:59pm in Journey to Atlantis (Latest Edit: 08/31/15 at 06:14pm by Eric.)
I would like to start off by saying that I think that Journey to Atlantis is definitaly the least taken care of ride at Seaworld Orlando. I have recently gotten the chance to visit Seaworld Orlando after not going for about 3 years and have noticed that Journey to Atlantis has really gone downhill as far as special effects go. About 90% of the sound(effects) do not not even work anymore. So all you get is the guy at the beginning and a mermaid moving their lips but not even saying anything. Also, some of visual effects don`t even work anymore either. So saying that, please tell me if you think they are just waiting a little bit to renovate it or do you think they might take the drastic measure of removing it for some reason?

Thanks given by:  Zachary, Joe, CastleOSullivan, CoasterJon18
08/31/15 at 06:07pm in Journey to Atlantis
I'm not sure what the deal is. I'm unsure as to what could be replacing it or when they'll renovate it. With rehabilitating their brand, older rides usually get the back burner.

SeaWorld Orlando & Busch Gardens Tampa
Theme Park lover~ Future Rollercoaster Designer
Most likely distracted or daydreaming about theme parks.. Welcome to my world.

Instagram | Twitter
Thanks given by:  Eric, Peej1212
08/31/15 at 07:10pm in Journey to Atlantis
I think it is still better than Pompeii.

"Wit has some truth in it; wisecracking is simply calisthenics with words." -- Dorothy Parker
Thanks given by:  Eric, pandorazboxx, CoasterJon18, Peej1212, Zachary
09/01/15 at 08:42am in Journey to Atlantis
In spite of all of its flaws, it is still my favorite water ride. I just love the theme of the ride. If it had fire like Escape from Pompeii, then Pompeii would have to be on the chopping block. The sound and media queues are still the biggest problems with the ride. Of course, then you still have an inanimate Medusa animatronic and a chandelier that won't fall anymore.

On a side note, I really think they should remove the Beetlejuice theme from the second lift. The ride has such a good original soundtrack. I think that song ruins the mood of that section of the ride.

Find Me: Twitter | SoundCloud | YouTube
Contact Me: Private Message | Email
"Be careful what you wish for, be sure your wish is wise."
Thanks given by:  Eric, Connor, Joe, Peej1212, Zachary
09/09/15 at 07:35am in Journey to Atlantis
Hmm a beetlejuice theme song for Atlantis... weird

"Its as much fun to scare as it is to be scared."--Vincent Price..

Sammi
09/13/15 at 06:23pm in Journey to Atlantis (Latest Edit: 09/13/15 at 06:24pm by Eric.)
Just ride it again today and was surprised because the audio worked great until we got to the first lift hill where the rest of the ride was silent

09/13/15 at 10:37pm in Journey to Atlantis
I remember being so scared of this ride when I was younger, I have no idea why but it just scared the shit out of me.

“Nothing stresses me out. Except having to seek the approval of my inferiors.” - Dwight Schrute

Former username: Ben
Thanks given by:  Peej1212
03/31/17 at 01:37pm in Journey to Atlantis
Journey to Atlantis recently reopened after refurbishments. The entire soundtrack has been replaced with the soundtrack of the former show, "A'Lure: The Call of the Ocean" (aside from a select few sound effects). All effects pertaining to the fight between Medusa and (the wooden seahorse) Ares have been turned off.

I hope that this is a temporary fix to issues that were never resolved for more than a few weeks. That being said, the ride is now more of a leisurely journey without any story. This seems to be a new trend in their chain recently.

There are some parts where they hit the timing just right with the recycled soundtrack, yet having a familiar soundtrack also shows how complicated the audio system is on this ride. Under ideal conditions, the sound clips that were picked synchronize perfectly with the ride. Otherwise, the slightest change to water pressure or time spent on a block break can cause an audio cue to end too soon (usually resulting in brief silence). The audio loops are almost perfect, and they are triggered seamlessly. They are using a method which "follows the boat" for those sequences. There are very few repeating sequences such as the "hang on, there's a drop ahead" tracks. This greatly decreased sound leakage.

Otherwise, the biggest touch-ups were probably to the coral reefs and continued efforts to make the endless treasure scene look more realistic. The static lighting sequences are also more advanced than ever before.

Overall, I would usually be livid about an update like this, but the might still be hope. There were/are rumors that the park will slowly update the ride to fit better alongside Kraken VR. This gives me some hope. It could mean that SeaWorld didn't simply give up on fixing effects that break in a matter of days. Maybe there's more to come.

P.S. The Beetlejuice soundtrack on the second lift is gone.

Find Me: Twitter | SoundCloud | YouTube
Contact Me: Private Message | Email
"Be careful what you wish for, be sure your wish is wise."
Thanks given by:  Nicole, CoasterJon18, Zachary
04/13/17 at 12:37pm in Journey to Atlantis
Not a fan of the refurbishment. Just not very interesting. My kids were very bored. We still ride since it is a water ride and the hotel had quick queue included. It is just not the same to us.
Thanks given by:  Zachary

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Contact Us | ParkFans Network | Return to Top | Lite (Archive) Mode | RSS Syndication | |