ParkFans Logo

To Build a Happy Place

08/21/15 at 10:03pm in To Build a Happy Place
I started working at KD at the beginning of the 1975 season at Pop ’n Pups located in the Coney Island section. I remember during new hire orientation that they showed a movie called “To Build a Happy Place”. Anyone else remember the movie or better yet… a link?
Thanks given by:  Zachary
08/22/15 at 02:46am in To Build a Happy Place
Did it have a segment with The Banana Splits by any chance?

"Be careful what you wish for, be sure your wish is wise."
08/22/15 at 07:09pm in To Build a Happy Place
It's been 40 years and I really do not remember. I do remember they talked about park construction including infrastructure. My big memory was a section that talked about the gas main and the distribution throughout the park. Yes, I'm a nerd.
Thanks given by:  CastleOSullivan, Zachary
08/23/15 at 12:33am in To Build a Happy Place
Wow. It's amazing what some people remember. My mom went to several display centers for both Kings Dominion and Busch Gardens. The only thing I have ever heard her mention about the Kings Dominion presentation was that among other Hana Barbera cartoons that were featured. All she remembers where The Banana Splits, because she didn't like them.

Just a side note: she was new to America at that time, so she had no connection to any of the Hanna-Barbera characters.

"Be careful what you wish for, be sure your wish is wise."
Thanks given by:  Zachary

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Contact Us | ParkFans Network | Return to Top | Lite (Archive) Mode | RSS Syndication | |