ParkFans Logo

Cheetah Hunt

09/07/10 at 11:20pm in Cheetah Hunt (Latest Edit: 11/14/13 at 08:50pm by Shane.)
So, plans for BGT's official 2011 project are continually leaking. Sources verify the name to be "Cheetaka," and that it will obviously be themed to cheetahs with launch sections and a new cheetah exhibit.

Do you guys think this project will be something like what we see up here in Williamsburg. Rumors have been indicative that something like a launch may be in play here. Share your thoughts and rumors about the BGT expansion that you have heard below.

Google+ | FacebookTwitter
09/08/10 at 01:51am in Cheetah Hunt
I'm pretty excited about this new ride. I plan on taking a trip down to Tampa either this october or waiting until next may/june. Any rumors as to when the ride will be done? It should be done FAST. Winking

Yes, horror, fright, gore! We need more EVIL!
09/08/10 at 12:17pm in Cheetah Hunt
(09/08/10 01:51am)pandorazboxx Wrote:  I'm pretty excited about this new ride. I plan on taking a trip down to Tampa either this october or waiting until next may/june. Any rumors as to when the ride will be done? It should be done FAST. Winking

I am flying down for a few days in November, I will be sure to get some pictures if I make it to the park!
10/02/10 at 07:29pm in Cheetah Hunt
So I'm hoping that this thread can be used for updates and pictures about the BGT project so that we can guess about what will be coming up to Williamsburg. We can safely infer that the coasters will be sister rides. So far we know:

-Cheetah themed
-Multi-launched
-At least 4,000 ft long
-Green track
-Yellow supports

Please feel free to add to this compilation, I'm probably missing info as I am not following the project that closely, hence why I want this area of the forums to provide some info about it. This will also be a place to put in the codes for the online clips for buschgardens2011.com so we can sneak some peaks. So far, we have:

Clip 1: CHASE
Clip 2: RUSH
Clip 3: GRACE

"Chase" and "Rush" make sense to me, but "Grace" is quite quizzical to me.

10/03/10 at 09:08am in Cheetah Hunt
(10/02/10 07:29pm)Franco Wrote:  So I'm hoping that this thread can be used for updates and pictures about the BGT project so that we can guess about what will be coming up to Williamsburg. We can safely infer that the coasters will be sister rides. So far we know:

-Cheetah themed
-Multi-launched
-At least 4,000 ft long
-Green track
-Yellow supports

Please feel free to add to this compilation, I'm probably missing info as I am not following the project that closely, hence why I want this area of the forums to provide some info about it. This will also be a place to put in the codes for the online clips for buschgardens2011.com so we can sneak some peaks. So far, we have:

Clip 1: CHASE
Clip 2: RUSH
Clip 3: GRACE

"Chase" and "Rush" make sense to me, but "Grace" is quite quizzical to me.

cheetahs run with grace
10/05/10 at 06:41pm in Cheetah Hunt
The fourth code is now in. It is POWER. This clip shows off one of Cheetaka's launches and also, an inversion! Clip 5 now appears on the site, but of course, it is locked. What do you guys think of the new development? How does this relate to our own Project 2012?

10/11/10 at 09:50am in Cheetah Hunt
The last code is SPEED
10/18/10 at 07:37pm in Cheetah Hunt
So, news was recently announced for the ride. It will not be named Cheetaka, as previously thought, instead it will be called Cheetah Hunt. Personally, I hate the name and think that it is the only bad roller coaster name a Busch park has ever come up with (aside from the coasters at SWSA). The press release notes the ride will attain a maximum height of 102 feet with its largest drop coming in at 140.

Questions? Comments? Concerns? "Colorful" Language? (That was for you, Swift.) Tongue

10/18/10 at 08:49pm in Cheetah Hunt
The restraints that they put on the ride are going to make or break the ride. If they are i305-like Intamin OTSR the ride is doomed.

Find Me: Twitter | Facebook | Google+
Contact Me: Private Message | Email

Our biggest foe is our inclination towards complacency and willingness to settle for mediocrity.
10/18/10 at 09:34pm in Cheetah Hunt (Latest Edit: 03/08/14 at 01:33am by Evan.)
I read somewhere that the height limit was 48 in, would it be possible for this type of coaster to have restraints like Millennium Force?

Google+ | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter
10/18/10 at 10:20pm in Cheetah Hunt
They mentioned the restrains will be similar to Kingda Ka's restraints on their facebook page, but have since deleted it. Now they just mention that it will be a lap bar. looks like the I305 soft restraints.

Yes, horror, fright, gore! We need more EVIL!
10/19/10 at 02:51pm in Cheetah Hunt
I hope its like I305s strap restraunts not the old I305 hard orange restraints
10/28/10 at 03:29pm in Cheetah Hunt
I hate the name. But the ride looks awesome!Grinning
11/04/10 at 10:30pm in Cheetah Hunt
The logo is out and...it looks like crap.

Not interesting at all. I'm still sure that Cheetaka would have opened up the opportunities for a more dynamic logo. But this....ugh. I'm hoping it is just a prototype logo or something.

DeviantART | Twitter | Last.fm | Steam | 88.7FM WXJM
11/04/10 at 11:37pm in Cheetah Hunt
Thanks for posting, and yes it looks absolutely terrible. Also, who put the period at the end of the slogan?! :dodgy:

Find Me: Twitter | Facebook | Google+
Contact Me: Private Message | Email

Our biggest foe is our inclination towards complacency and willingness to settle for mediocrity.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Contact Us | ParkFans Network | Return to Top | Lite (Archive) Mode | RSS Syndication | |