Grizzly
Hurler
Intimidator 305
Rebel Yell
Ricochet
Shockwave
Volcano, The Blast Coaster
Woodstock Express
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.

Favorite Coaster In The Park

04/22/15 at 08:35am in Favorite Coaster In The Park (Latest Edit: 04/22/15 at 10:17am by Zachary.)
With this thread suddenly gaining popularity on the Busch Gardens Williamsburg side of the forum, I figured it would be appropriate to create a similarly-formatted version for Kings Dominion. I know there is already a thread like this, but that one is about four years old and doesn't have a poll, which I think is important.

So, what's your favorite coaster in the park?

Remember that "favorite" doesn't necessarily mean "best." For instance, I certainly think Intimidator 305 is Kings Dominion's "best" coaster, but Rebel Yell is more fun for me, so I think it is my favorite.

Find Busch Dominion:
BuschDominion.com | Instagram | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube
Thanks given by:  John
04/22/15 at 08:46am in Favorite Coaster In The Park
Grizzly. Not the BEST, but I love a good woodie and she's been running like a bat out of hell this season.
04/22/15 at 09:00am in Favorite Coaster In The Park
Flight of Fear and Volcano are tied for me. FoF has a nostalgia factor - the first coaster I ever had to be tricked into riding! - and Volcano is just a fun little zip around. I know they aren't the greatest, but they're the two I never miss riding.
04/22/15 at 09:19am in Favorite Coaster In The Park
I305 will always be my favorite. Dominator, Grizzly, FOF and Anaconda are a few other rides that deserve a mention as well.
04/22/15 at 09:35am in Favorite Coaster In The Park
Rebel Yell backwards.

Since that was stolen from me, the right side of Rebel Yell.

"Wit has some truth in it; wisecracking is simply calisthenics with words." -- Dorothy Parker
04/22/15 at 09:48am in Favorite Coaster In The Park
Right leaving the station, correct?

For me... Grizzly

Numquam ponenda est pluralitas sine necessitate! - William of Occam
I'm serious now, who here wants my job? - NASA Director James Webb
04/22/15 at 09:58am in Favorite Coaster In The Park
Added a poll and emphasized the "favorite" bit of Joe's post.

Anyway, my vote goes to Flight of Fear. Love inverting with only a lap bar and there are a few elements that I particularly adore- among them the first half-loop and the sudden 90 degree bank towards the end.

Find Me: Twitter | Facebook | Google+
Contact Me: Private Message | Email

Our biggest foe is our inclination towards complacency and willingness to settle for mediocrity.
Thanks given by:  Mushroom
04/22/15 at 01:37pm in Favorite Coaster In The Park
Shockwave can not possibly be someone's favorit, can it?

Numquam ponenda est pluralitas sine necessitate! - William of Occam
I'm serious now, who here wants my job? - NASA Director James Webb
04/22/15 at 02:52pm in Favorite Coaster In The Park
That is 100% impossible. I305 is absolutely insane, smooth, fast, intense, full of airtime, and an amazing first lift/drop. Can't be beat... Except by Fury 325... Winking

Lightning Rod - Maverick - Fury 325 - Skyrush- Intimidator 305 - Millennium Force - Stormrunner - Apollo's Chariot - Mako - Wild Eagle
04/22/15 at 03:27pm in Favorite Coaster In The Park
(04/22/15 09:58am)Zachary Wrote:  Added a poll and emphasized the "favorite" bit of Joe's post.

Anyway, my vote goes to Flight of Fear. Love inverting with only a lap bar and there are a few elements that I particularly adore- among them the first half-loop and the sudden 90 degree bank towards the end.

SHIT.

My computer died while I was writing the poll. Apparently the thread posts even before you add the poll?

Imagine my shock (and embarrassment) when I looked at the Unread Posts page this afternoon and saw this thread already published.

Sorry. Tongue
Thanks given by:  Zachary
04/22/15 at 04:43pm in Favorite Coaster In The Park
(04/22/15 01:37pm)Zimmy Wrote:  Shockwave can not possibly be someone's favorit, can it?
After riding Vortex this past weekend at Carowinds, I must say I 'favor' Shockwave over it. The complete word 'favorite' does not come to mind though.

Where? Behind the rabbit?
Thanks given by:  Zimmy
04/22/15 at 05:30pm in Favorite Coaster In The Park
That's interesting. I much prefer vortex to shockwave, which crushes my nuts. As long as you keep your head forward of the restraints and position the height of the seat correctly all goes well.

Lightning Rod - Maverick - Fury 325 - Skyrush- Intimidator 305 - Millennium Force - Stormrunner - Apollo's Chariot - Mako - Wild Eagle
04/23/15 at 10:30am in Favorite Coaster In The Park (Latest Edit: 04/23/15 at 10:36am by netdvn.)
1. Intimidator 305 - best coaster in Virginia
2. Flight of Fear - forceful, fun, cool theming, crazy hang in the midcourse
3. Dominator - really fun, has its intense moments. A bit rattly toward the end but not bad.
4. Volcano - Gimmicky, but a VERY good gimmick. When are they gonna turn the flamethrower back on?
5. Grizzly - Crazy rough but not so rough you break your rib cage. Wish Hurler was more like this.
6. Rebel Yell - Crazy smooth. Lots of air. What Hurler wishes it could be
7. Stunt Coaster - Park's sleeper hit. Its small but it packs a serious punch
8. Scooby Doo/Woodstock Express - Smoothest coaster in the park. Nice pops of air here and there.
9. Ricochet - Standard mouse. Nothing special
10. Anaconda - Didn't like it when I rode back in the day. Didn't really care to reride it.
11. Hurler - Ouch

Project Geauga Lake - Photos! - BGW Crowd Calendar - Don't look back, as you brave the Black Forest
04/23/15 at 11:10am in Favorite Coaster In The Park (Latest Edit: 04/23/15 at 11:11am by Matthew.)
My favorite coaster at Kings Dominion would without a doubt be Grizzly. I just love the wild feeling of it all, it's location. It's just fantastic. Behind Grizzly, I would have to definitely go with the most underrated coaster or even ride in the park, Avalanche. It's an awesome and unique experience to the region, and is in general a beautiful ride in a great setting with pleasant theming.
Thanks given by:  Nicole
04/23/15 at 11:22am in Favorite Coaster In The Park
I must disagree with 9 NETDVN. Ricochet is not a 'standard' wild mouse. It has a large unique 1st drop that most do not have. Even Carowinds' mouse, which was built around the same time, climbs the hill and immediately enters the hairpin turns which is more along the lines of a standard mouse.

Where? Behind the rabbit?
Thanks given by:  Mushroom, TrevorBondi

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Contact Us | ParkFans Network | Return to Top | Lite (Archive) Mode | RSS Syndication | |