ParkFans Logo

Scott Gasparich Has Left the Building

04/16/15 at 02:21pm in Scott Gasparich Has Left the Building (Latest Edit: 04/16/15 at 02:35pm by Zachary.)
Before anyone casts any doubt on this fact, let me make something clear: The following tweets are 100% sincere. I truly wish Scott Gasparich all the best with wherever he decides to go from here. Lets remember the great things that happened while he was Entertainment VP rather than dwell on the negative.

That said, good luck to Scott and to whoever pick up the torch to replace him.

Lastly, if it wasn't clear from my first few lines, I will be incredibly disappointed in anyone who rejoices in this news. No matter what, Scott is a person just like you or I. I haven't agreed with a lot that he has done, but I don't believe him to be a bad person or someone who harbored any malintent towards the park or its fanbase. Quite the opposite really.

Find Me: Twitter | Facebook | Google+
Contact Me: Private Message | Email

Our biggest foe is our inclination towards complacency and willingness to settle for mediocrity.
Thanks given by:  UnicornZiva, Luke, Username, Matthew, overama, CastleOSullivan, Connor, Joe, GeoUSA, Hoopla, jpcommons, Mad Ludwig, Nicole, Alf33, VACoasterFan, MAZ, flamanar, John, Zimmy, PrincessArlenasDad, CoasterJon18, Ken, Jonquil
04/16/15 at 02:24pm in Scott Gasparich Has Left the Building (Latest Edit: 04/16/15 at 02:26pm by UnicornZiva.)
Well said, Zachary. Very classy response.

This isn't a huge surprise. It was probably only a matter of time; Scott spent too much budget and didn't bring enough back in. Any whispers on who will be replacing him?

a big ol nerd
34 creds and counting
Thanks given by:  Brandon, Zachary, Mad Ludwig, Nicole, Alf33, flamanar, John, Zimmy, CoasterJon18
04/16/15 at 02:28pm in Scott Gasparich Has Left the Building (Latest Edit: 04/16/15 at 02:28pm by Thomas.)
Despite the ridicule among fans, it is true that Scott Gasparich was a passionate person and was always pleasant to chat with. Him and his glitter will be missed.

Google+ | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter
Thanks given by:  UnicornZiva, Zachary, Brandon, Joe, Mad Ludwig, Nicole, Alf33
04/16/15 at 02:29pm in Scott Gasparich Has Left the Building
I think Scott tried his best, perhaps he was ultimately not the best fit for the park and the vibe it has traditionally gone for. Maybe the "Renaissance" happening this year with the 40th anniversary had something to do with that.
Thanks given by:  Zachary, UnicornZiva, Mad Ludwig, Nicole, Alf33, flamanar, John, The Tomato
04/16/15 at 02:53pm in Scott Gasparich Has Left the Building
Back in the Fall of 2012 I wrote this about Scott on BGWFans:

Zachary Wrote:Now, with all that said, I have to give a nod to Scott Gasparich. I disagree with a lot of the decisions he makes and I’m pretty sure we have completely opposing views of what direction the park should be heading; but, one thing I can say is that he cares about his work. There’s no doubt in my mind that he legitimately loves what he does and believes in the things he’s putting together.

I still believe all of that to this day and honestly, I have far more respect for someone who is passionate about their work and truly believes they're doing the right thing than someone who just doesn't care.

I am actually going to miss Scott. Again, we didn't agree, but he always struck me as a pretty good guy.

Our biggest foe is our inclination towards complacency and willingness to settle for mediocrity.
Thanks given by:  UnicornZiva, overama, Connor, Joe, Mad Ludwig, Nicole, John, Zimmy
04/16/15 at 03:28pm in Scott Gasparich Has Left the Building
So now, who fills the spot? I hear two names. One bad, in my opinion. The other is generally unknown to me, except by videos and around-about the park. I know who I would like, but who knows if he will apply.

Wisdom from a mug ~ In the time before airlines & electricity, the countries of medieval Europe developed distinctive styles architecture suited to their regions. Traditions & culture grew separately as well. The diverse heritage of many Americans is celebrated here in Busch Gardens at Williamsburg.
04/16/15 at 03:44pm in Scott Gasparich Has Left the Building
It's sad to see what's gonna happen to Christmas Town from here. While many disliked his shows lets take time to look back at some of his more memorable works.
Monster Stomp: on Ripper Row
Scrooge No More
Gloria
Night Beats
Fiends (in the Festhaus)
Mix it Up
Dig it Up
Roll Out The Barrel
Good luck to where ever the wind takes you, Scott.

Where is Hummel Boy?
Thanks given by:  Thomas, UnicornZiva, Mad Ludwig, Celticdog
04/16/15 at 04:00pm in Scott Gasparich Has Left the Building
^ not all his shows. And one of those good shows he prematurely killed.

Wisdom from a mug ~ In the time before airlines & electricity, the countries of medieval Europe developed distinctive styles architecture suited to their regions. Traditions & culture grew separately as well. The diverse heritage of many Americans is celebrated here in Busch Gardens at Williamsburg.
Thanks given by:  Joe, Matthew, Haberdasher1973, Applesauce, flamanar
04/16/15 at 04:03pm in Scott Gasparich Has Left the Building (Latest Edit: 04/16/15 at 04:04pm by Zachary.)
Till a permanent replacement can be found, Carl Lum will be the acting VP of Entertainment.

Thanks given by:  Joe, Matthew, CastleOSullivan, Mad Ludwig, flamanar, John
04/16/15 at 04:04pm in Scott Gasparich Has Left the Building
^April Fools?

Find Busch Dominion:
BuschDominion.com | Instagram | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube
Thanks given by:  Matthew, Haberdasher1973, flamanar, John, pandorazboxx, Hokie305
04/16/15 at 04:27pm in Scott Gasparich Has Left the Building
R.I.P. In Peace. With Scott gone and the Marketing team almost nonexistent, who will serve as BGWFans' scapegoat now?
Thanks given by:  Peyton, Mad Ludwig
04/16/15 at 04:33pm in Scott Gasparich Has Left the Building
Carl Lum, "London Rocks? No idea what you mean. That is just a landscaping project."

Thanks given by:  flamanar, Zachary
04/16/15 at 04:46pm in Scott Gasparich Has Left the Building
I have to say, Scott definitely did things that I did not like (mostly removing TIO), but I have to say he was a person that was not afraid to take risk and that is a great skill to have in such a high position. He will be missed and I hope him the best in whatever direction he will go in, and I look forward to what is to come in the future of BG's entertainment.

Don't worry, I still love you Busch Gardens!
Thanks given by:  Haberdasher1973, Zachary, Mad Ludwig, Nicole, Alf33, flamanar
04/16/15 at 04:54pm in Scott Gasparich Has Left the Building
I imagine Carl won't actually play the role of VP of entertainment as he doesn't have a background with entertainment. He'll probably fill the position in until the new VP comes in. As for who ever the new VP of entertainment will be, good luck.

Where is Hummel Boy?
Thanks given by:  Zachary, flamanar
04/16/15 at 04:58pm in Scott Gasparich Has Left the Building
For me, it's the fear of the unknown right now. I may not have been his biggest fan during his tenure with the park, but we came to know what to expect after a while... Now, who knows what's on the horizon...

"I am not bound to please thee with my answers." ~Shakespeare, The Merchant of Venice
Thanks given by:  Thomas, Zachary, Matthew, CastleOSullivan, flamanar, Brandon

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Contact Us | ParkFans Network | Return to Top | Lite (Archive) Mode | RSS Syndication | |