ParkFans Logo

New Jersey's Six Flags Great Adventure To Cut 18,000 Trees To Go Solar

Full article here.

Quote:JACKSON, N.J. (AP) — A theme park plans to cut down more than 18,000 trees for the construction of what it says will be the largest solar farm in New Jersey... Six Flags spokeswoman Kristin Siebeneicher tells the Asbury Park Press (http://on.app.com/1HUsoaV ) the park and KDC Solar have pledged to replant 25,000 trees over a period of seven years.

"Wit has some truth in it; wisecracking is simply calisthenics with words." -- Dorothy Parker
Thanks given by:  Connor
Hmm, with all this power and Six Flags becoming really good partners with Premier Rides, now would be the perfect time to bring back Batman and Robin: The Chiller.

Where is Hummel Boy?
(04/03/15 06:51am)Nicole Wrote:  
Quote:...plans to cut down more than 18,000 trees...

Quote:...the park and KDC Solar have pledged to replant 25,000 trees over a period of seven years.

I guess it's okay then.
Thanks given by:  John, Luke, Zachary, CastleOSullivan, netdvn
New Jersey has trees! I think that really should be the headline here.

Numquam ponenda est pluralitas sine necessitate! - William of Occam
I'm serious now, who here wants my job? - NASA Director James Webb
Thanks given by:  Username, MAZ, Mushroom, John, netdvn
(04/03/15 11:42am)Zimmy Wrote:  New Jersey has had trees!

Fixed that for you! Winking

Find Me: Twitter | Facebook | Google+
Contact Me: Private Message | Email

Our biggest foe is our inclination towards complacency and willingness to settle for mediocrity.
Thanks given by:  Zimmy
Here is what is confusing me: they are "going green" by cutting down all of the green stuff.

"Wit has some truth in it; wisecracking is simply calisthenics with words." -- Dorothy Parker
Thanks given by:  CastleOSullivan, Zimmy, Connor
Environmentalists aren't happy.

Quote:In addition, a spokesman for the New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection says the agency doesn't support the project...

Six Flags has pledged to replant 25,000 trees over seven years, but Jeff Tittel, the [Sierra] club's director, says it will take 30 to 40 years before they grow into a mature forest.

Tittel says the solar farm site, off Reed Road, is home to nesting bald eagles and other endangered species. It also provides a critical buffer between the safari park and two important headwater streams for Barnegat Bay, he said.

Thanks given by:  Matthew
I blame Obamacare

Numquam ponenda est pluralitas sine necessitate! - William of Occam
I'm serious now, who here wants my job? - NASA Director James Webb
Thanks given by:  Connor

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Contact Us | ParkFans Network | Return to Top | Lite (Archive) Mode | RSS Syndication | |