ParkFans Logo

(Scrapped) Paramount's Mediaplex Front Gate Renovations

02/19/15 at 03:01pm in (Scrapped) Paramount's Mediaplex Front Gate Renovations (Latest Edit: 02/19/15 at 03:02pm by netdvn.)
Courtesy of Shane on TPR

So back in the 90s, Paramount had BIG plans for CGA. One of those plans included a full-on front gate renovation complete with City Walk-style restaurants, movie theaters, and shops themed to Paramount's IPs. We all unfortunately know how that turned out in the end.

Makes me wonder how Cedar Fair would've kept up the area if it was actually built or how much it would impact attendance on the park itself.

The original post has more content as well as the full sized posts. I picked and chose the highlights.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Project Geauga Lake - Photos! - BGW Crowd Calendar - Don't look back, as you brave the Black Forest
Thanks given by:  Peter R., John, Zachary, Nicole, Luke
See I've always felt Paramount lacked the proper execution when it came to advancing their parks. They were up against Giants like Universal and Disney simply because they were in the same market, specifically because they were alll movie companies.

KD under the Paramont reign was awful...nothing felt like you were in a movie studio, like you do at Universal or what was at the time MGM Studios.

If these plans were executed across the board they would've been a contender, but we all know how that turned out...
Thanks given by:  Joe
I agree with what John says, although it's a shame this didn't come into fruition. California's Great America is probably one of the most neglected Cedar Fair parks (there have long been rumors of Cedar Fair wanting to sell the park), and something like this way back when could have increased its scale and helped it out nowadays.

Find Busch Dominion:
BuschDominion.com | Instagram | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube
Thanks given by:  Zachary, John, Youhow2

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Contact Us | ParkFans Network | Return to Top | Lite (Archive) Mode | RSS Syndication | |