ParkFans Logo

Has the Glitter Monster been slain? - Gasparich let go?

Heard a rumor from several park employees that Scott Gasparich is no longer working for the park. Anyone have any evidence to support or disprove this?

“The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success.”
~ Bruce Feirstein
Thanks given by:  CoasterJon18, Gavin, Jake, John
(02/08/15 04:15pm)Jacques Wrote:  Heard a rumor from several park employees that Scott Gasparich is no longer working for the park. Anyone have any evidence to support or disprove this?

I'm sure ParkFans will celebrate and have a mock party at BGW if it's true.

SeaWorld Orlando & Busch Gardens Tampa
Theme Park lover~ Future Rollercoaster Designer
Most likely distracted or daydreaming about theme parks.. Welcome to my world.

Instagram | Twitter
Thanks given by:  pcblueeagle
I'll just go check outside to see if hell has frozen over...

Find Busch Dominion:
BuschDominion.com | Instagram | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube
Thanks given by:  CoasterJon18, flamanar, MAZ, Jacques, mjm1ahoney3, John, MrLaptop, Youhow2, pcblueeagle
Hail Dorothy!
Thanks given by:  MAZ
This would be a turn in the right direction, but I fear that management still hasn't exhibited the discernment to put someone in the position who can put the park back on the track it was once on. Still, there's hope.

Google+ | FacebookTwitter
Thanks given by:  b.mac
I concur, Franco. My fear is that there's a whole lineup of equally destructive Gaspariches waiting to take his spot.

Find Busch Dominion:
So how do we confirm or refute this story?
Thanks given by:  CoasterJon18
02/08/15 at 10:09pm in Has the Glitter Monster been slain? - Gasparich let go? (Latest Edit: 02/08/15 at 10:11pm by Jacques.)
I have multiple sources from various departments telling me the same thing. "Scott Gasparich was let go, Christmas Town being his last season working for the park." Then again, this is all speculation...but if it is true, remember that I am the one who got the insider scoop! If not... well we will let this blunder go along with my corckscrew hill insider scoop...a fluke.

But hey, if he is fired/let go, where the hell are we gonna get the glitter to throw in the air in celebration?

Edit:Also, just noticed that the first post was my 333rd post. Make a wish!

“The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success.”
~ Bruce Feirstein
Thanks given by:  Jonquil, Glissade
Thanks given by:  Connor, Zimmy, Jake, John, Jacques, pcblueeagle
This rumor is false.

Find Me: Twitter | Facebook | Google+
Contact Me: Private Message | Email

Our biggest foe is our inclination towards complacency and willingness to settle for mediocrity.
Thanks given by:  Mushroom, Applesauce, Jesy, Party Rocker, John, UnicornZiva, netdvn, destroyer421
Thanks for the clarification. I assume since it took you awhile to answer this thread you went and confirmed it yourself.
Thanks given by:  Zachary, Luke, Youhow2
Fuck.

Find Busch Dominion:
Thanks given by:  Jonquil, John
Just something to think about...

I'm not a Scott fan. However, I don't wish anyone to be fired, terminated, layed off, or otherwise liquidated from maintaining their livelihood. I've been fired before (I know, shocker) and it doesn't feel good. It's one of the worst feelings in the world. I wouldn't wish being fired on anyone, no matter how well deserved. So if Scott were to ever be let go, think about how you would feel to be in his shoes with total strangers cheering on the sidelines.

Just a thought.

A ParkFans Advisor for the people!
Thanks given by:  Applesauce, Nicole, Username, Zachary, Zimmy, Peter R., Luke, Youhow2, freyja, pandorazboxx, destroyer421, angelicurrr
02/09/15 at 02:49pm in Has the Glitter Monster been slain? - Gasparich let go? (Latest Edit: 02/09/15 at 02:54pm by Jonquil.)
^ This isn't some struggling single mother we're talking about here; he's a highly-compensated senior executive with, in my opinion, a history of incompetent management and poor judgment, not to mention a reputation for firing many talented performers, musicians and other employees on the slightest whim. Forgive me if I don't share your charitable feelings.
Thanks given by:  Mushroom, Applesauce, UncleDuncan, Matthew, Zachary, Jacques, Youhow2, angelicurrr, pcblueeagle
02/09/15 at 02:54pm in Has the Glitter Monster been slain? - Gasparich let go? (Latest Edit: 02/09/15 at 02:56pm by Mushroom.)
Can't say I totally agree, Reggae. BGW is a business. Scott is one of their most public figures, and at least among us, one of the park's most disliked. Think about all the people Scott has fired, many without justification. I'll bet that didn't feel good either. For as long as Scott continues to serve with the park, he will probably continue to unjustly fire people. In my opinion, the man does not belong in the position he currently holds, and should not continue to hold the influence over the park that he has currently. If he were fired, I certainly wouldn't bat an eye on his behalf. I wouldn't be sure of how much better things would be without him, but I personally would be fine with seeing someone so unfit for the job getting the boot.

It's business, after all.

Edit: Jonquil beat me to it.

Find Busch Dominion:
Thanks given by:  Jonquil, UncleDuncan, Matthew, Jacques, pcblueeagle

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Contact Us | ParkFans Network | Return to Top | Lite (Archive) Mode | RSS Syndication | |