ParkFans Logo

Curse of Dark Kastle Changes

12/27/14 at 11:56am in Curse of Dark Kastle Changes (Latest Edit: 12/27/14 at 11:57am by MichaelAllen.)
Dark Kastle opened in 2005. In the period of 10 years, it only changed a little bit once. I believe that BGW should take advantage of the 4D technology and make CODK a whole new experience. I personally love this ride, and ride it each time I go to the park. How cool would it be if BGW made CODK like Verbolten with different experiences on each ''tour''? Let's admit it, CODK is mostly a movie and a swinging chair on tracks. The entire ride is pre-programmed with all the moves, effects, films, etc. Well, why not pre-program the ride to 5 different films and effects? Also, the ride's 3 minute running time is a little too short. I think it should be increased to at least 5 minutes. What do you tink?
12/27/14 at 02:41pm in Curse of Dark Kastle Changes
Sounds expensive. I don't think that the park is into spending money right now. While I agree with Adding some variety to the ride, something like this would most certainly be at the bottom of a very long list.

Where? Behind the rabbit?
Thanks given by:  Applesauce, John, MichaelAllen, Zachary, Jacques
12/28/14 at 02:15am in Curse of Dark Kastle Changes
I personally love DarKastle. The ride doesn't necessarily have to change though, I would like to see it get the upgrade that most dark rides are getting now. Take The Amazing Spider-Man Ride as an example for renovating the ride. Spidey and Transformers blows DarKastle out of the water because the effects are really tight and the new cars and 3-D glasses along with better technology really make the difference.

Braving the Black Forest
Thanks given by:  MichaelAllen
12/28/14 at 10:41am in Curse of Dark Kastle Changes
The ride definitely needs to be worked on, but maybe not to the extent you are saying. Don't get me wrong, I love the ideas that you have, but that would be a lot of money and time to make happen. I agree with mjm1ahoney3, just an upgrade like spiderman at Universal. With some reworking and maybe some love and care (however much the park has left) and Darkastle could be a reinvigorated, world-class dark ride!

Don't worry, I still love you Busch Gardens!
Thanks given by:  MichaelAllen, mjm1ahoney3, Youhow2
12/29/14 at 10:39pm in Curse of Dark Kastle Changes
CODK needs jumpscares involving wolves.
Now.

BGW Rec is BACK!
http://forum.parkfans.net/thread-3109-po...#pid113411
Thanks given by:  Jacques
12/30/14 at 03:25am in Curse of Dark Kastle Changes
^ All great ideas. My gut, however, says things will get worse for Darkastle before they get better.

A ParkFans Advisor for the people!
Thanks given by:  Pretzel Kaiser, MAZ, CastleOSullivan
12/30/14 at 12:25pm in Curse of Dark Kastle Changes
Normally I would agree that any ride stuff would be out of the question but this ride may be an exception. If memory serves, Ent is in charge of this ride and since they seem to not be impacted by the cuts who knows.

Numquam ponenda est pluralitas sine necessitate! - William of Occam
I'm serious now, who here wants my job? - NASA Director James Webb
12/30/14 at 01:36pm in Curse of Dark Kastle Changes
DarKastle is perfect, and I am most certainly not biased.

Google+ | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter
Thanks given by:  MrLaptop, Nicole, Connor, Zimmy, CastleOSullivan, Applesauce, John, netdvn, Zachary
01/02/15 at 01:20am in Curse of Dark Kastle Changes
First,lets get rid of that weird bird poop like stain on the screen before the "drop". It catches my eye every time.

As far as other changes, i agree that the park should at least upgrade the look of the 4D effects.(i.e. making the characters look real and not so cartoonish) .Also, I miss the spins in the fire place and the ballroom sequence.It added story and didnt include weird chasing on old lady tracks and snake tongues.Maybe some new dialogue so it isnt a bad pun every 5 seconds.

“The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success.”
~ Bruce Feirstein
01/02/15 at 01:54am in Curse of Dark Kastle Changes
So you want them to remove everything that DarKastle is?

Google+ | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter
01/02/15 at 02:52am in Curse of Dark Kastle Changes
the bird-poop stain is from someone spitting on the screen. I understand that the screens are so delicate and expensive that they should not be touched and if you look to the lower part of all the screens you will see the dust and spit built up though the years
Thanks given by:  Jacques, luseendesi
01/03/15 at 12:50am in Curse of Dark Kastle Changes
I was hoping someone would mention this so I wouldn't have to, but the name of this ride is spelled as one word; DarKastle, not Dark Kastle. It's a common mistake.

"So you wish to tour my castle? You'll simply die when you see it."
Thanks given by:  Joe, CastleOSullivan, Hawth
01/08/15 at 01:07pm in Curse of Dark Kastle Changes
Darkastle needs more integration with sets and props. Aside from the trees, it is very much "Screens" the ride.

"Too scary for your family?
Visit us during the day to experience family-friendly rides, Sesame Street Forest of Fun and Land of the Dragons children’s areas, and up-close animal encounters perfect for fall fun. Once the clock strikes 6 p.m., the Howl-O-Scream scares begin which may not be suitable for young children."

Thanks given by:  Applesauce
01/08/15 at 03:23pm in Curse of Dark Kastle Changes (Latest Edit: 01/08/15 at 03:27pm by John.)
(01/08/15 01:07pm)Youhow2 Wrote:  Darkastle needs more integration with sets and props. Aside from the trees, it is very much "Screens" the ride.

Let's not forget the Castle towers around the screens and the library scene.

The primary focus of the ride was the animations interaction with the ride vehicles. So a majority of the budget went to the film itself. Which I personally think is doing its job just fine right now...

I think the surrounding props are fine the way they are, we can't completly overhaul this ride.
01/09/15 at 01:32pm in Curse of Dark Kastle Changes
I've heard from friends that work at the park that DK will be getting some attention and love over the next couple of years.
Thanks given by:  UncleDuncan, Connor, Nicole, John, CastleOSullivan, MrLaptop, UnicornZiva, Jesy, VACoasterFan

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Contact Us | ParkFans Network | Return to Top | Lite (Archive) Mode | RSS Syndication | |