ParkFans Logo

Project 2015: El Diablo

08/28/14 at 06:55am in Project 2015: El Diablo (Latest Edit: 01/14/15 at 06:10pm by Zachary.)
New for 2015 - Looping Dragon

YouTube Link

Quote:Looping Dragon Roars into Six Flags
In 2015, Six Flags Great Adventure introduces its thirteenth roller coaster, Looping Dragon. Twenty riders sitting in “face-off” seats rocket forward and backward pendulum style until the train gains enough momentum to complete a full revolution seven stories in the air. The coaster then kicks into high gear, completing full revolutions until it stops momentarily with riders suspended upside down, and then reverses direction for even more thrills.

Looping Dragon joins the park’s Golden Kingdom section, which is home to the world’s tallest and fastest drop ride, Zumanjaro: Drop of Doom, and the world’s tallest and fastest roller coaster, Kingda Ka.

“Looping Dragon is a great addition to our diverse roller coaster collection because it delivers speed and thrills that appeal to both our younger and more experienced thrill-seekers alike,” said Park President John Fitzgerald. The park’s roller coaster collection includes three of the world’s top roller coasters — Kingda Ka, El Toro and Nitro — plus unique coaster experiences that allow Guests to fly head first, stand and ride floorless. Looping Dragon will have a 48-inch height requirement. The ride is expected to debut in the late spring of 2015.
Thanks given by:  Connor
08/28/14 at 06:28pm in Project 2015: El Diablo
Six Flags Great Adventure should be honored by getting a flat that his never even been announced nor even thought of being put in the Six Flags chain. Congratulations!

Where is Hummel Boy?
08/28/14 at 07:36pm in Project 2015: El Diablo
I've updated the post with some more information on this "roller coaster". You basically already knew everything you needed to know, but there's the video and press release to drill in that this is a "roller coaster".
08/28/14 at 08:40pm in Project 2015: El Diablo
These make Diavolo seem not that bad... thanks, Six Flags!

Google+ | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter
Thanks given by:  Pretzel Kaiser, Nicole, Jonquil, Matthew, gazisghost, Zachary, Reece, MrLaptop
08/28/14 at 08:47pm in Project 2015: El Diablo
This seems to be an off year so we actually should be glad we're getting (Insert confirmed name) because it appears to be one of the best attractions coming for 2015.

Where is Hummel Boy?
08/28/14 at 09:03pm in Project 2015: El Diablo
(08/28/14 08:47pm)Connor Wrote:  This seems to be an off year so we actually should be glad we're getting (Insert confirmed name) because it appears to be one of the best attractions coming for 2015.

Thanks given by:  John, Youhow2
08/28/14 at 10:00pm in Project 2015: El Diablo
For years everyone said Great Adventure was lacking flats. I'm glad the park is finally investing in some. First with Sky Screamer, then Zumanjaro, and now this. After two big-budget attractions, seeing the park getting something small was pretty predictable anyway.

Project Geauga Lake - Photos! - BGW Crowd Calendar - Don't look back, as you brave the Black Forest
08/28/14 at 10:01pm in Project 2015: El Diablo
This isn't a flat, this is a roller coaster.

Google+ | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter
Thanks given by:  Pretzel Kaiser, Reece, MrLaptop, Zachary, Youhow2
08/29/14 at 11:29am in Project 2015: El Diablo
^LOL I laughed really hard at that.

Yeah I've never been to great adventure but I guess I was assuming the park with rides like El Toro, Bizarro, and Kingda Ka was bigger than a ring of fire looping flat ride. Maybe that's just me.
01/14/15 at 02:40pm in Project 2015: El Diablo (Latest Edit: 01/14/15 at 03:53pm by b.mac.)
Today Great Adventure renamed Looping Dragon to El Diablo:

YouTube Link

Parts for the ride have appeared around Christmas time as seen from this photo from Flyin' Phil.
Thanks given by:  John, Nicole
01/14/15 at 03:01pm in Project 2015: El Diablo
Wile the new name is significantly better, I still can't forgive Six Flags for calling it a coaster.

Find Me: Twitter | Facebook | Google+
Contact Me: Private Message | Email

Our biggest foe is our inclination towards complacency and willingness to settle for mediocrity.
Thanks given by:  John
01/14/15 at 03:33pm in Project 2015: El Diablo
It's not a "Roller Coaster". It's a "Looping Coaster"!

Where is Hummel Boy?
01/14/15 at 03:51pm in Project 2015: El Diablo (Latest Edit: 01/14/15 at 03:53pm by b.mac.)
(01/14/15 03:01pm)Zachary Wrote:  Wile the new name is significantly better, I still can't forgive Six Flags for calling it a coaster.

Blame the manufacturer. Larson is marketing it as a roller coaster, Six Flags is just piggybacking off of it. So is Darien Lake for that matter.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Contact Us | ParkFans Network | Return to Top | Lite (Archive) Mode | RSS Syndication | |