ParkFans Logo

An Unpopular Opinion of a Very Popular Bread

I'm sorry, but I think rye gets way too much attention. It's very dry, and the flavor is simply way too bitter.
Thanks given by:  Jonquil, Zachary, David, netdvn, MrLaptop, b.mac
I kissed goodbye to carbs about a year and a half ago and lost 35 lbs.

A ParkFans Advisor for the people!
Not a fan of rye, myself, but I could live off of nothing but baguette and good butter.

"Wit has some truth in it; wisecracking is simply calisthenics with words." -- Dorothy Parker
Thanks given by:  Pretzel Kaiser, Haberdasher1973
I make my own bread. I have a killer roll recipe. oh man.

Yes, horror, fright, gore! We need more EVIL!
Thanks given by:  Nicole, Zachary, Pretzel Kaiser, David
I am a bread connoisseur. I will have you know, I have tried almost all of the select breads at Food Lion. Broad does not even begin to describe my palette.
Thanks given by:  Pretzel Kaiser, Zachary, MAZ
But do you like the park's bread?

"Wit has some truth in it; wisecracking is simply calisthenics with words." -- Dorothy Parker
(08/27/14 10:04am)Nicole Wrote:  But do you like the park's bread?

Most of it. Either i've gotten a few shitty pieces, or the quality has gone down the last few years.
I'm not a huge baguette fan. They always end up stale and hard to eat. I can tolerate pretty much every other bread though.

Those Asian sweet rolls are the best kind.

Project Geauga Lake - Photos! - BGW Crowd Calendar - Don't look back, as you brave the Black Forest
I do not like Rye. I would not eat it in a bowl. I would not eat it with a mole. Moist and fresh is best for me. Sometimes cheese and garlic please.

Where? Behind the rabbit?
Thanks given by:  Pretzel Kaiser, Party Rocker, MrLaptop
It really does depend on the baguette. Proper restaurants will bake their own, and that's fine. Anything more than a day is risky for them, though.
08/27/14 at 11:52am in An Unpopular Opinion of a Very Popular Bread (Latest Edit: 08/27/14 at 11:53am by Jrbgwfan06.)
My Grandma's rolls are the best things on Earth. We fight over them when she makes them for holiday dinners. They're probably very fattening, since crisco is involved in almost every part of the recipe, but they are amazing.

I rarely eat a lot of sandwiches and bread, and when I do it's either wheat or white for my lunch at school. And breadsticks at restaurants.
08/27/14 at 12:04pm in An Unpopular Opinion of a Very Popular Bread (Latest Edit: 08/27/14 at 12:06pm by Nicole.)
Baguette should be eaten fresh and warm...with good butter or possibly interesting cheeses and meats.

Edit: to link this back to park, I believe BGW should sell fresh baguette in Aquitaine.

Thanks given by:  Pretzel Kaiser, Connor, MrLaptop
08/27/14 at 12:09pm in An Unpopular Opinion of a Very Popular Bread (Latest Edit: 08/27/14 at 12:09pm by Pretzel Kaiser.)
A proper bakery at the park would be great. However, the problem comes to serving sizes. A full size baguette is too much for consumption at the park and fresh bread isn't something you would be taking home from a theme park. Adjusting the normal bakery offerings to snack size would be great though.
Oh...um..I think I could eat an entire French bread on my own, but they could sell mini loaves for the rest of you. Also French pasteries.

Thanks given by:  Party Rocker, Applesauce, Zimmy
Haha, I never meant to question ones ability to eat a full loaf of freshly baked bread, I'm quite guilty of that myself.
Thanks given by:  Nicole

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Contact Us | ParkFans Network | Return to Top | Lite (Archive) Mode | RSS Syndication | |