ParkFans Logo

Project 2015: Wicked Cyclone

07/31/14 at 07:23am in Project 2015: Wicked Cyclone (Latest Edit: 08/28/14 at 08:23am by Zachary.)
Looks like work has already started on Cyclone at Six Flags New England, they aren't wasting any time on this. SFNEOnline has a photo update.

I wasn't 100% convinced when this ride's closure was announced that it was going to get the Iron Horse treatment. I thought SixFlags might over do the whole RMC conversion thing, but I guess I was wrong.

I think it will be interesting to see how many more of their aging wood coasters get this type of conversion.

Waking up fresh every mornin'; Openin' up for you; Waitin' for your laughter; With so much new to do! Busch—Gardens! Busch—Gardens! Come to Busch Gardens and come to life! Come to Busch Gardens and come—to life!
Contact Me: Private Message | Email | Twitter | Coaster Count
Thanks given by:  Unagi
07/31/14 at 10:15am in Project 2015: Wicked Cyclone
Wow. Looking at the pictures, it really needed an upgrade or at least a refresh.

"Wit has some truth in it; wisecracking is simply calisthenics with words." -- Dorothy Parker
Thanks given by:  Connor, Zachary
08/11/14 at 03:46pm in Project 2015: Wicked Cyclone
Unfortunatly that happens when you don't take care of a Wooden Roller Coaster.

There is a new photo update over at SFNEOnline though: http://sfneonline.org/2014/08/10/cyclone...-update-3/

Waking up fresh every mornin'; Openin' up for you; Waitin' for your laughter; With so much new to do! Busch—Gardens! Busch—Gardens! Come to Busch Gardens and come to life! Come to Busch Gardens and come—to life!
08/28/14 at 06:53am in Project 2015: Wicked Cyclone
Confirmed - New for 2015: Wicked Cyclone

YouTube Link

Quote:Six Flags New England, the Thrill Capital of New England, today announced plans to add a new state-of-the-art roller coaster that integrates the latest in ride technology and innovation to Massachusetts—Wicked Cyclone. The Wicked Cyclone will offer the ultimate in thrills and adrenaline combining the extreme characteristics of both steel and wood to build the first hybrid roller coaster to hit the East Coast.

"We take great pride in creating incredible, one-of-a-kind experiences for our guests here at the Thrill Capital of New England," said John Winkler, Six Flags New England Park President. "This project has been years in the making, and the addition of Wicked Cyclone enhances our commitment to delivering world-class thrills to Six Flags New England every year."

With its unique construction, Wicked Cyclone will be: A hybrid integrating a steel track on a wooden structure The first coaster of its kind to hit the East Coast A coaster with more airtime than any coaster in New England The first coaster of its kind to have a 200 degree stall and two Zero G Rolls The world's only Double Reversing Bank Airtime Hill
Thanks given by:  netdvn, Shane, VayneVouger
09/16/14 at 07:18pm in Project 2015: Wicked Cyclone
Here is a new 'full' POV of Wicked Cyclone. I wonder when these RMC guys are going to pull off their first 'vertical' loop in one of these coaster revamps?

YouTube Link

Where? Behind the rabbit?
Thanks given by:  Connor, netdvn, Unagi
09/16/14 at 08:04pm in Project 2015: Wicked Cyclone
I like it.

BGW Rec is BACK!
http://forum.parkfans.net/thread-3109-po...#pid113411
09/17/14 at 06:06pm in Project 2015: Wicked Cyclone
Here's the latest update from SFNE Online. http://sfneonline.org/2014/09/14/wicked-...-update-8/
Thanks given by:  Nicole, Zachary, Unagi
04/30/15 at 10:12am in Project 2015: Wicked Cyclone
It's testing!

YouTube Link

It still doesn't strike me as one of the best RMC projects, but there is something incredible about the way it flows so beautifully through its course. I really wasn't excited about Wicked Cyclone at all over the off-season, but seeing it testing has really piqued my curiosity.

Find Me: Twitter | Facebook | Google+
Contact Me: Private Message | Email

Our biggest foe is our inclination towards complacency and willingness to settle for mediocrity.
Thanks given by:  Connor, mtpelepele
04/30/15 at 10:54am in Project 2015: Wicked Cyclone
This one looks significantly slower than the other RMC's. Especially Medusa, and Twisted Colossus appears much faster too. Maybe it's just the perspective that it's filmed in though.

Where? Behind the rabbit?
Thanks given by:  Zachary
04/30/15 at 11:16am in Project 2015: Wicked Cyclone
If that's it's first test run, she's also not running at top speed yet.
The only thing I don't like about this one is the color. She always had white structure and light blue rails, I really wish they'd used that same blue they're using on half of Magic Mountain's.
Thanks given by:  Zachary
05/07/15 at 06:07pm in Project 2015: Wicked Cyclone (Latest Edit: 05/07/15 at 06:34pm by Zachary.)
SFNE published a full POV and it looks... phenomenal.

Find Me: Twitter | Facebook | Google+
Contact Me: Private Message | Email

Our biggest foe is our inclination towards complacency and willingness to settle for mediocrity.
Thanks given by:  UnicornZiva, MAZ
05/07/15 at 08:59pm in Project 2015: Wicked Cyclone
Doesn't look as thrilling as the other coasters Six Flags is building this year.

Google+ | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter
05/27/15 at 09:56am in Project 2015: Wicked Cyclone (Latest Edit: 05/27/15 at 10:04am by Shane.)
Well it opened this past weekend and many are saying its the best RMC coaster ever built. I know that a lot of people hate TPR but this POV is superior to the one that SFNE put out a couple weeks ago. It really is running a lot faster than those early videos.

YouTube Link

Also, Alan Schikle made some really interesting comments about Wicked Cyclone in an interview with "In the Loop," but I will let you find that video on your own. Can't post two hated theme park videos sites in one post. Winking

Thanks given by:  Zachary, John, Nicole
05/27/15 at 03:43pm in Project 2015: Wicked Cyclone
Off topic, curious: I understand the dislike for TPR, but where did the hate for in the loop come from. They make some pretty high quality videos!

Lightning Rod - Maverick - Fury 325 - Skyrush- Intimidator 305 - Millennium Force - Stormrunner - Apollo's Chariot - Mako - Wild Eagle
05/27/15 at 04:17pm in Project 2015: Wicked Cyclone
I didn't know there was any hate for In The Loop on here? They have great coverage and make great videos, and I really like Clint Novak. It's not a competition.

Find Busch Dominion:
BuschDominion.com | Instagram | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube
Thanks given by:  Connor

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Contact Us | ParkFans Network | Return to Top | Lite (Archive) Mode | RSS Syndication | |