ParkFans Logo

Project 2015: "Thunderbird" Launched B&M Wingrider

05/20/14 at 04:12am in Project 2015: "Thunderbird" Launched B&M Wingrider (Latest Edit: 07/24/14 at 09:43pm by Evan.)
Looks like this could be a teaser for their long-awaited steel coaster.

http://www.holidayworld.com/66days/

Announcement will be on July 24.
Considering that they're talking about a second 'Voyage' across the seas, if this is a steel coaster it's going to be absolutely ma-hassive.
This is a steel coaster as evident by the footer diagrams in the background.

Thanks given by:  b.mac
$22 million price tag.

T-minus Thursday until all hell breaks loose.
Thanks given by:  Zachary, MAZ, Unagi, Connor
That is one big price tag for Holiday World...

Waking up fresh every mornin'; Openin' up for you; Waitin' for your laughter; With so much new to do! Busch—Gardens! Busch—Gardens! Come to Busch Gardens and come to life! Come to Busch Gardens and come—to life!
Contact Me: Private Message | Email | Twitter | Coaster Count
(07/21/14 07:34pm)Shane Wrote:  That is one big price tag for Holiday World...

They could get almost half of a Verbolten with that though!
(07/21/14 07:34pm)Shane Wrote:  That is one big price tag for Holiday World...

It might seem that way but ever since they opened Voyage and their Thanksgiving section eight years ago at a cost of $13 million, their additions since have been fairly modest. Bakuli in 2007 cost $1.6 million, Kima Bay and park additions in 2008 cost $6 million, Pilgrims Plunge and park improvements in 2009 cost $8.4 million, Wildebeest in 2010 cost $8 million, Mammoth in 2012 cost $9 million, Hyena Falls and other expenses were $6.5 million in 2013, and they just spent $8 million for a new flat, new restaurant and park improvements for 2014.

Add to the fact that their attendance of million-plus visitors has increased every year since.

So it looks like they've properly budgeted for this new coaster.
Thanks given by:  Youhow2, MAZ, Shane, Jonquil
This is the second most expensive announced addition for 2015 so far, only behind Carowinds' Giga-coaster that might be named Centurion.
Thanks given by:  Unagi
07/23/14 at 12:01am in Project 2015: "Thunderbird" Launched B&M Wingrider (Latest Edit: 07/23/14 at 12:02am by Shane.)
It all makes sense. I guess we will find out tomorrow!

Waking up fresh every mornin'; Openin' up for you; Waitin' for your laughter; With so much new to do! Busch—Gardens! Busch—Gardens! Come to Busch Gardens and come to life! Come to Busch Gardens and come—to life!
Contact Me: Private Message | Email | Twitter | Coaster Count
07/23/14 at 12:31am in Project 2015: "Thunderbird" Launched B&M Wingrider (Latest Edit: 07/23/14 at 12:33am by MAZ.)
Next to last day quote..."enormous wings snap against the wind"  It's a B&M wing coaster. Smiling

Where? Behind the rabbit?
(07/23/14 12:31am)Mazakman Wrote:  Next to last day quote..."enormous wings snap against the wind"  It's a B&M wing coaster. Smiling

Not sure if I'm buying that.  The footers lined up next to that building are awfully close.

Plus, they've been pretty cryptic with all the clues and this last one tries to be blatantly obvious. I think Paula is effing with us!
Thanks given by:  MAZ
My money's on yet another freaking waterslide.
B&M 'LAUNCHED' wing rider!!!

Where? Behind the rabbit?
Thanks given by:  Nicole, Connor, Jonquil
I'm stunned.

Find Me: Twitter | Facebook | Google+
Contact Me: Private Message | Email

Our biggest foe is our inclination towards complacency and willingness to settle for mediocrity.
Thanks given by:  Connor
07/24/14 at 09:38pm in Project 2015: "Thunderbird" Launched B&M Wingrider (Latest Edit: 07/24/14 at 09:41pm by Connor.)
Thunderbird! This thing just belongs at BG!

YouTube Link

Where is Hummel Boy?
Thanks given by:  David, MAZ, MrLaptop, Jesy

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Contact Us | ParkFans Network | Return to Top | Lite (Archive) Mode | RSS Syndication | |