ParkFans Logo

#KD40 Trip Report and Review

05/15/14 at 12:21am in #KD40 Trip Report and Review (Latest Edit: 06/23/14 at 07:12pm by Shane.)

With Nora's blessing, her post has been moved to KDFans.com and can be found here. Enjoy!

If you'd like to see Nora's post in its original context: (Click to View)

BGW: Have a great day at Busch Gardens, The Old Country! KD: Ride on!
Thanks given by:  Zachary, Matthew, Evan, MAZ, Nicole, ZebraShoes, netdvn, Youhow2, Mushroom, Brian, Hoopla, Connor, Unagi, kenwa
05/15/14 at 01:37am in #KD40 Trip Report and Review
The thanks button wasn't enough this time Nora! Great write up and acknowledgement to the KD staff Smiling I now wish I had attended the B-day Bash. I was there that day and it was a great day to visit. In fact, I've been once every weekend since they opened! (My yard looks like crap) The threatening skies kept the crowds away. I hope that your write-up makes its way to the people that made your trip special and puts a smile on their face. BTW....the swag you all received at the bash sounded worth the price by itself!

Where? Behind the rabbit?
Thanks given by:  Nora
05/15/14 at 04:04pm in #KD40 Trip Report and Review
I had a great time meeting you and the gang last weekend, Nora! Thank you so much for taking the time to write this out, I noticed the exact same things you did and I was absolutely blown away. You are totally right about the friendly and outgoing staff at KD, who together really do give the park a soul. Kings Dominion has really gotten their act together lately, to the point where it's just a wonderful place to relax and have a good time with family and friends.

Also, I loved how you likened Country Kitchen to the "Grogan's of KD" when I spent the evening with you guys. I ended up eating there that evening; it's really a wonderful, secluded wooded area overlooking the large fish pond with the Blue Ridge Tollway cars strolling by. Smiling
Thanks given by:  Nora, Evan
05/15/14 at 04:06pm in #KD40 Trip Report and Review (Latest Edit: 05/15/14 at 04:16pm by Zachary.)
By Evan's request and with Nora's blessing her trip report has been moved to the KDFans' front page and can now be found here.

Thanks again for sharing it Nora!

Find Me: Twitter | Facebook | Google+
Contact Me: Private Message | Email

Our biggest foe is our inclination towards complacency and willingness to settle for mediocrity.
Thanks given by:  Matthew, Nora, Hoopla, Connor, Evan
05/15/14 at 04:35pm in #KD40 Trip Report and Review
That truly was a great trip report about the park. It really captured the new focus feeling the park was going for. I'm sorry I didn't get to make it due to a big soccer club in the West End Richmond area. ( We won at least!) I've been twice the year and every time I go my parents are like they painted something over here, they brought back this, ETC. It really is magical seeing what use to be a dump into a park that rivals Busch Gardens. I would've love to gone and meet some of the staff but I just don't have the time. I'm thinking about doing an unofficial boardwalk fries and ride meet up sometime in June after school lets out.(Joe was right, the fries are amazing!) Now all I can think of is what there doing for the 2nd year of the Celebration.

Where is Hummel Boy?
Thanks given by:  Mushroom, Nora
05/15/14 at 05:13pm in #KD40 Trip Report and Review (Latest Edit: 05/15/14 at 05:14pm by Evan.)
I'm glad I got to be there for each of these visits Nora! I've had a great time as well and can testify about the staff members being excellent. They're very friendly and very helpful (particularly when one (I) loses their car keys in the park).

Coaster Count: 115

"The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing." ~ Walt Disney
Thanks given by:  Nora

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Contact Us | ParkFans Network | Return to Top | Lite (Archive) Mode | RSS Syndication | |