ParkFans Logo

Quick Questions and Answers

05/02/14 at 08:01am in Quick Questions and Answers
So,I am driving down to KD today, and my GPS says I will get to "Paramount's Kings Dominion" at 8:40.

My question is this: how early can I park and go through the gates on a Friday? I have a Gold Pass.

"Wit has some truth in it; wisecracking is simply calisthenics with words." -- Dorothy Parker
05/02/14 at 08:26am in Quick Questions and Answers (Latest Edit: 12/01/14 at 06:35pm by Connor.)
I think like 10:00 is when it opens.
EDIT: 9:30 so You'll probably be fine.

Where is Hummel Boy?
Thanks given by:  Nicole
05/02/14 at 08:34am in Quick Questions and Answers (Latest Edit: 05/02/14 at 08:35am by Nicole.)
Yeah. It opens at 9:30 today and I believe I get in half an hour early with my pass, but I didn't know how much earlier than that I could safely arrive.

"Wit has some truth in it; wisecracking is simply calisthenics with words." -- Dorothy Parker
05/02/14 at 08:53am in Quick Questions and Answers (Latest Edit: 05/02/14 at 10:23am by Nicole.)
Sorry for the double post.

They let us park at 8:45, said we can get in the park at 9:00. And they are letting everyone in half an hour early, so now I am confused by the half hour early ride time pass benefit.

Edit: They actually let us in at 9:10, but we did get to go to the back before everyone else. Volcano and i305 were walk-ons. It was fabulous.

Thanks given by:  Zachary, MAZ
05/03/14 at 03:19pm in Quick Questions and Answers
I'm thinking about going tommorow for a quick visit but I have a Soccer game at 2:00. The park is supposed to open at 10:30 but do I get in early with my Gold Pass?

Where is Hummel Boy?
05/03/14 at 03:48pm in Quick Questions and Answers
Yes. Get there by 10:00 and head back toward Dominator. They will check you pass and wave you through.

Thanks given by:  Connor
05/03/14 at 11:21pm in Quick Questions and Answers (Latest Edit: 05/03/14 at 11:25pm by Evan.)
Just to be clear... the parking lot opens a hour before the park is scheduled to open(9:30 on 10:30 openings). They let you into International Street at 10am (sooner if the lines are backed up, but will block the pathway next to the Fountains and floats). And the entire park is open at 10:30am.

However, if you're an eligible pass member, then you can ride whatever rides are open for ERT (May: I305 and Volcano) by showing your pass to the security guards next to Dominator. You're eligible to walk around the back of the park(I think), but nothing will be open until 10:30.

Coaster Count: 115

"The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing." ~ Walt Disney
Thanks given by:  Connor
09/18/14 at 09:06am in Quick Questions and Answers
Will my Gold Pass get me discounts on Fright Lane and the Haunt VIP Dinner Experience? If so, do I have to buy them at the park?

09/18/14 at 09:20am in Quick Questions and Answers (Latest Edit: 09/18/14 at 09:20am by Evan.)
If a discount does apply to them, then yes. You will have to purchase them at the park. However, I'm almost positive they do not allow any sort of discount.

Since the dining experience is new, then we will not know until someone goes and finds out. But the discount will not apply online if it does n

09/18/14 at 09:21am in Quick Questions and Answers
Thanks, Evan!

For what it is worth, I think the whole pass member website and discount is something that BG definitely does better than KD.

Thanks given by:  Evan
09/18/14 at 10:36am in Quick Questions and Answers
(09/18/14 09:21am)Nicole Wrote:  Thanks, Evan!

For what it is worth, I think the whole pass member website and discount is something that BG definitely does better than KD.

Wait wait wait. Are we talking about the same pass member site? The one that you can never log into, or get your "specials", and normally requires you having to call the hotline to make an inquiry? That same hotline that generally has an hour long wait...

/rant
Thanks given by:  Jonquil, MAZ, Joe, GeoUSA, SWStevo
09/18/14 at 10:37am in Quick Questions and Answers (Latest Edit: 09/18/14 at 10:38am by Zachary.)
BGW's works 10% of the time. KD just doesn't have one. Tongue

Find Me: Twitter | Facebook | Google+
Contact Me: Private Message | Email

Our biggest foe is our inclination towards complacency and willingness to settle for mediocrity.
Thanks given by:  Nicole, David, netdvn
09/18/14 at 10:55am in Quick Questions and Answers
In all seriousness, yes I am the first to bitch about my eroding SWP&E Plat Pass benefits, as well as how painful the pass member site is to use. That said, at least my Plat Pass has benefits and a site to bitch about. Generally, I can purchase discounted tickets, tours, QQs, etc on-line. I am not thrilled with either the recent loss of benefits or the functionality of the site, but they are still better than anything KD currently offers me. As far as I can tell, my Gold Pass gets me free parking in a totally unsecured pass member lot, free park admission, ERT (that never starts on time), and discounts at some shops and restaurants (but not all). Apparently I sometimes can get discounted tickets for my friends, as well. I am going to test that system for Haunt; I am a bit skeptical.

So yes, at the end of the day BG>KD.

Thanks given by:  VayneVouger
09/18/14 at 12:50pm in Quick Questions and Answers
This would never have happened under Paramount or AB.

Numquam ponenda est pluralitas sine necessitate! - William of Occam
I'm serious now, who here wants my job? - NASA Director James Webb
09/18/14 at 12:53pm in Quick Questions and Answers
You can always get discounts. But the amount the discount is depends on the time of year.

Thanks given by:  Jonquil, Zachary

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Contact Us | ParkFans Network | Return to Top | Lite (Archive) Mode | RSS Syndication | |