ParkFans Logo

Spring Bloom Festival: New Springtime Event for 2014

Just announced:

Quote:Make sure to visit Kings Dominion during our inaugural Spring Bloom Festival, April 5 through May 18. Also serving as the official kick-off of our 40th Celebration, this event transforms International Street into a kaleidoscope of vibrant colors with thousands of blooms. Taste our unique spring foods and beverages, enjoy toe-tapping entertainment and participate in our hands-on activities. Don’t miss it!

Source: Spring Bloom Festival

Find Me: Twitter | Facebook | Google+
Contact Me: Private Message | Email

Our biggest foe is our inclination towards complacency and willingness to settle for mediocrity.
Thanks given by:  Evan, Nora, Matthew, Youhow2, Mushroom
SHOTS FIRED!

Seriously though... Kd is on a roll. Small contained event to keep in park content fresh, and compete with... Competition.

"Too scary for your family?
Visit us during the day to experience family-friendly rides, Sesame Street Forest of Fun and Land of the Dragons children’s areas, and up-close animal encounters perfect for fall fun. Once the clock strikes 6 p.m., the Howl-O-Scream scares begin which may not be suitable for young children."

Thanks given by:  Zachary, Matthew, Mushroom
02/26/14 at 05:15pm in Spring Bloom Festival: New Springtime Event for 2014 (Latest Edit: 02/26/14 at 05:25pm by Zachary.)
(02/26/14 05:11pm)Youhow2 Wrote:  SHOTS FIRED!

My thoughts exactly. This is a huge deal in my honest opinion. KD doesn't have the budget to launch a massive event all at once, but as we've seen with the likes of Haunt, KD knows how to iterate. The snowball effect potential here is incredible and, if the cards are played right, there's a chance that it could do some real damage to a certain park in Williamsburg.

Our biggest foe is our inclination towards complacency and willingness to settle for mediocrity.
Thanks given by:  Mushroom
The 40th celebration were the first shots fired.

The major renovations were the signing of an official war document.

This is just KD's first won battle.

And Busch Gardens is just standing there confused and dumbfounded.
02/26/14 at 05:24pm in Spring Bloom Festival: New Springtime Event for 2014 (Latest Edit: 02/26/14 at 05:32pm by Zachary.)
(02/26/14 05:23pm)Matthew Wrote:  This is just KD's first won battle.

Way too early to say that. It's more like the first time KD has marched its army into the same field as BGW's in a very, very long time.

Thanks given by:  Mushroom
Wow... I was completely caught off guard by this announcement! I have said in the past, that International Street is one of the most tranquil parts of the park, and now it is being extended upon. The transition from spring- summer is truly going to be magnificent, I cannot wait! 37 days until opening!

Coaster Count: 115

"The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing." ~ Walt Disney
Unless Busch Gardens announces something like KD's 40th celebration this year, then I will officially say I'm rooting for KD.
This makes me think of the golden years with the faces of Fred Flintstone and George Jetson flawlessly created with shrubbery and flowers in quite the grand fashion! I'll look for a picture.

Where? Behind the rabbit?
I think the event is unique for Kings Dominion and one that is a surprise to me. I hope it will be successful for them and opens the possibility for it to expand in the future.

What I don't see this event as being, is the start of some sort of titanic battle between KD and BGW. Cedar Fair did state that they were looking into having new events happening in the springtime as opposed to creating Christmas events in the park chain. It looks like Kings Dominion received the budget/go ahead from corporate to put on this event.

Hopefully, this will boost spring attendance further. The park is usually busy with cheer-leading/band/chorus competitions in April and May. I assume they wish try to reach another demographic to draw into the park on the weekends. Long-term, I can see this as a hopeful boost to the landscaping department in overall budget; and upkeep of the flowers/plants/bushes/trees in the park during the whole season.

I just don't see Kings Dominion snatching the "Most Beautiful Park" award from BGW in the foreseeable future.
Thanks given by:  Evan, Nicole, Mushroom, Username
(02/26/14 05:29pm)Matthew Wrote:  Unless Busch Gardens announces something like KD's 40th celebration this year, then I will officially say I'm rooting for KD.

Not to sound too pedantic, but shouldn't we be "rooting" for both parks to be excellent?

"Wit has some truth in it; wisecracking is simply calisthenics with words." -- Dorothy Parker
Thanks given by:  Zachary, Youhow2, netdvn, pandorazboxx, Nora
02/26/14 at 07:13pm in Spring Bloom Festival: New Springtime Event for 2014 (Latest Edit: 02/26/14 at 07:19pm by Mushroom.)
I think he means he's "rooting" for KD in that he's cheering for them, since he is excited and proud of the news.

And there are three parks we should be "rooting" for, if you want to go there. Tongue

Anyway, I really like the sounds of this event. Part of my mind sees it at Kings Dominion's response to the Food & Wine Festival. I really do hope to see some wonderful landscaping and culinary surprises. But really- wow. This is amazing!

Find Busch Dominion:
BuschDominion.com | Instagram | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube
Thanks given by:  Matthew, Youhow2
(02/26/14 07:01pm)Nic Wrote:  
(02/26/14 05:29pm)Matthew Wrote:  Unless Busch Gardens announces something like KD's 40th celebration this year, then I will officially say I'm rooting for KD.

Not to sound too pedantic, but shouldn't we be "rooting" for both parks to be excellent?

You're not familiar with "fanboys" yet? You gotta root for one or the other. Xbox vs. Playstation, Apple vs. PC, iOS vs. Android. get with it.

/s

(i'm obviously being fascetioius, don't flame me)

Yes, horror, fright, gore! We need more EVIL!
Thanks given by:  Party Rocker, Nicole
This actually sounds really cool. I'm all for trying new foods in cool settings. KD sure does have the upper hand in themed costumes for International Street.

Yes, horror, fright, gore! We need more EVIL!
Thanks given by:  Youhow2, Matthew, Zachary
Honestly, KD needs to advertise flower events like this, but with BGW, it's an all year event that needs no announcement.

Don't worry, I still love you Busch Gardens!
Gotta start somewhere Smiling A park not known for beauty would most certainly have to advertise to those people interested in the purdy stuff.

Where? Behind the rabbit?
Thanks given by:  Mushroom, Zachary, Party Rocker

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Contact Us | ParkFans Network | Return to Top | Lite (Archive) Mode | RSS Syndication | |