ParkFans Logo

Books!

02/24/14 at 05:21pm in Books!
So does anybody have time to read on this site like me? Anyway since it is the offseason and you're probably really bored even though opening is right around the corner. So put what book that your reading and how you feel about it. ( Maybe we could have a park fan book club?Though this thread is going to be looked over easilyGrinning.)

Where is Hummel Boy?
02/24/14 at 05:26pm in Books! (Latest Edit: 02/24/14 at 05:31pm by Thomas.)
I've been working on reading everything Tolkien, but I got distracted by a bargain collection of HP Lovecraft stories from Barnes & Noble. They actually have a great collection of classic literature from several big name writers, if that's your sort of thing. Link.

Google+ | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter
Thanks given by:  Zachary, Ben
02/24/14 at 07:01pm in Books!
I'm only about 3 books into Robert Jordan's "The Wheel of Time" series. 

Before that I read all of the "A Song of Ice and Fire" books so far. 

Mostly Sci-fi/fantasy for me. sometimes I'll check out some crime/war books, but not usually.

Yes, horror, fright, gore! We need more EVIL!
Thanks given by:  Username
02/24/14 at 07:42pm in Books!
I "read" (audiobooks) a lot of business and marketing type books.  I really enjoy why we do what we do and learning how and why people think.

"The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is." ― Winston Churchill
02/24/14 at 08:11pm in Books!
Wheel of Time is one of my favorite series. Brandon Sanderson, who writes the final books in the series after Jordan's death, is another great author.
02/24/14 at 10:55pm in Books!
Yea I'm only halfway through the third book and I am beginning to see what people mean when they say the women just start acting dumb. Have you ever listened to the audiobook version? It is some of the best reading I've ever heard. Micheal Kramer and Kate Reading are perfect.

Yes, horror, fright, gore! We need more EVIL!
02/25/14 at 03:57am in Books!
I read 4-6 children's books everyday to my Daughter. I guess you could say that's what I'm into right now. A trip to the library once a week keeps them fresh for her and I both. No authors in particular but she certainly has her favorites. Berenstain Bears and Busytown Mysteries to name a couple.

Where? Behind the rabbit?
Thanks given by:  Smatt, Planeteer, chickenking
02/25/14 at 08:58am in Books! (Latest Edit: 02/25/14 at 03:21pm by Planeteer.)
Too busy writing my own right now!  Before that it was A Song of Ice and Fire series(Game of Thrones).  Love the books, Martin is very Tolkein-esque.

EDIT: oops
Thanks given by:  FrontSeatMafia, chickenking
02/25/14 at 09:41am in Books!
I haven't heard the audio book version, I'll have to look for it for my next car trip.  

Jordan's portrayal of women is pretty terrible. I can't remember when it happens in the series (I dont want to accidentally ruin anything...) but the whole love triangle/square that occurs is absurd.
Thanks given by:  pandorazboxx
02/26/14 at 11:32am in Books!
I just finished PJ O'Rouke's The Baby Boom, which was typically hilarious.  He seems to have moved past his flirtation with the Tea Party.

I'm now reading Pratchett and Gaiman's Good Omens.  I'm not enjoying it as much as I had expected, given the authors and the book's reputation.  (Although I admit I have found Pratchett's Disc World spotty: some are fantastic and some bore me.)

Those are just my Kindle books.  I tend to have several others going at once: my husband and I are listening to The Hobbit on our car trips (I haven't read it in years); and On Killing is on my nightstand.  I've also been considering re-reading all of the Harry Potter books, before I go to Universal next Summer.

"Wit has some truth in it; wisecracking is simply calisthenics with words." -- Dorothy Parker
02/27/14 at 02:14pm in Books!
(02/25/14 03:57am)Mazakman Wrote:  I read 4-6 children's books everyday to my Daughter. I guess you could say that's what I'm into right now. A trip to the library once a week keeps them fresh for her and I both. No authors in particular but she certainly has her favorites. Berenstain Bears and Busytown Mysteries to name a couple.

This!! Dr. Seuss, Sweet Pickles, old Disney storybooks, classic/vintage Arch bible storybooks, etc. Smiling

"As king, you must find the good in any situation."
Thanks given by:  MAZ, Planeteer
02/27/14 at 02:34pm in Books!
^Little Golden Books
Thanks given by:  chickenking
03/02/14 at 06:25pm in Books!
I've been reading Stephen king (Carrie, salems lot, shining, pet semetary) along with Amityville horror. Scary stuff! Smiling

Don't worry, I still love you Busch Gardens!
08/18/14 at 07:54pm in Books!
So I've been obsessed with Fables recently. I'm a quarter through and totally enthralled.
08/18/14 at 09:13pm in Books! (Latest Edit: 08/18/14 at 09:13pm by Applesauce.)
I just recently started the book "This is How You Die" It's the second book after "Machine of Death". It's a book of short stories all dealing with people who know how they're going to die(Or find out how they're going to die). The stories vary to really funny ones to really heartbreaking ones. It's a lot of fun to read.

月に代わってお仕置きよ!

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Contact Us | ParkFans Network | Return to Top | Lite (Archive) Mode | RSS Syndication | |