02/07/14 at 09:56pm in Safari Village
Wiki Page Coming Soon...

Coaster Count: 115

"The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing." ~ Walt Disney
06/21/14 at 01:19pm in Safari Village
The animal statues around the area are a nice enchantment indeed. Grinning

"There is no living without honor." -Mademoiselle D'Artagnan
06/22/14 at 01:11am in Safari Village
if only they had some kind of animal safari ride...

Numquam ponenda est pluralitas sine necessitate! - William of Occam
I'm serious now, who here wants my job? - NASA Director James Webb
02/16/15 at 02:43pm in Safari Village
(06/22/14 01:11am)Zimmy Wrote:  if only they had some kind of animal safari ride...

I wish, but I don't think it will ever happen. I think the animal statues are the closest we'll ever get.

"There is no living without honor." -Mademoiselle D'Artagnan
02/16/15 at 04:40pm in Safari Village (Latest Edit: 02/16/15 at 04:40pm by Mushroom.)
A permanent petting zoo could be a future possibility, but I think that's as good as we will ever get with Cedar Fair. Not that I see anything wrong with that.

Find Busch Dominion:
BuschDominion.com | Instagram | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube
02/16/15 at 04:42pm in Safari Village
It depends on how they do the petting zoo. I was very disturbed by some of what I saw at Haunt.

"Wit has some truth in it; wisecracking is simply calisthenics with words." -- Dorothy Parker
Thanks given by:  Zachary, Applesauce
02/16/15 at 04:45pm in Safari Village
Haunt's petting zoo was just a temporary setup brought from an outside contractor. If a permanent exhibit ever came into fruition, it would probably be more like the setup I described in the Concepts Think Tank.

Find Busch Dominion:
02/16/15 at 04:50pm in Safari Village
I understand that. I also would contend that they allowed the animals to be kept in those conditions in their park and associated with their name.

Had I been KD I would have prevented it from happening. It us no different than the good vendors. Ultimately, they are responsible for what happens in their park.

"Wit has some truth in it; wisecracking is simply calisthenics with words." -- Dorothy Parker
Thanks given by:  Zachary, Mushroom
02/16/15 at 04:59pm in Safari Village (Latest Edit: 02/16/15 at 05:01pm by Zachary.)
While I don't blame the park for the conditions, I do blame them for standing by and allowing it to happen in their gates.

KD is sorta the equivalent of Apple in the Foxconn suicide issue. KD hired the petting zoo contractor just as Apple hired Foxconn. The working conditions at Foxconn are notoriously horrible but it took years and many news stories about a string of suicides for Apple to step in and start doing something about the issues at the factory. Apple wasn't directly responsible for the conditions at the Foxconn factory, but I, personally, believe that they had a responsibility to do something about the conditions the people who were providing them a service were working under.

Find Me: Twitter | Facebook | Google+
Contact Me: Private Message | Email

Our biggest foe is our inclination towards complacency and willingness to settle for mediocrity.
Thanks given by:  Nicole
02/16/15 at 05:15pm in Safari Village (Latest Edit: 02/16/15 at 05:16pm by Mushroom.)
Oh! I see what you're saying. (I think we were sort of discussing different topics Tongue.) I agree with what you're saying about the Haunt petting zoo. The corrals for some of the larger animals, such as the llamas, were so small that they didn't even have as much room to turn around. It was actually kind of appalling.

My point is that a permanent petting zoo at KD would need to be, and probably would be, much larger. Sort of like how the setup was for the pigs by Cornstalkers. You could still pet them when they came close, but they had plenty of room to roam. Plus, they were just sort of blended into the attraction instead of being an attraction all in their own.

On second thought, maybe that would be a better approach. There are plenty of smallish, empty plots dotting Safari Village. Maybe they could allocate some enclosures for smaller animals throughout the area.

Find Busch Dominion:
Thanks given by:  Nicole, Zachary
02/16/15 at 05:17pm in Safari Village
Yeah.

I liked the pig area near Cornstalkers. I just worry that they tolerated what was happening in Planet Snoopy.

02/16/15 at 05:25pm in Safari Village (Latest Edit: 02/16/15 at 05:26pm by Mushroom.)
^This. The rambunctiousness of some children in Planet Snoopy does worry me. During Haunt, I actually saw a little girl pick up a rabbit and drop it onto the metal corral, with the metal fence hitting it right in the stomach. I was flabbergasted. Fortunately, the little bunny was okay, but I made sure to tell the attendant, who quickly went to talk to the girl.

Point is, maybe less of an actual petting zoo and more of just a "traditional" animal enclosure would be more ideal. I'd hate to see the safety of the animals come at the expense of some over-eager children.

Edit: Since it's sounding like schools will be closed for a little while, maybe I'll start writing up a new concept.

Find Busch Dominion:
Thanks given by:  Nicole, Zachary
10/21/15 at 04:16pm in Safari Village (Latest Edit: 10/21/15 at 04:17pm by strycker.)
Oh, the Monorail. What a memory. That thing was the best ride on a 90 degree day in the middle of summer. Perfect way to sit and cool off. I was 6-8 years old during my rides on it. There was no water park back then. At least they kept their village and remnants of the past with animal statues.
Thanks given by:  SWStevo

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Contact Us | ParkFans Network | Return to Top | Lite (Archive) Mode | RSS Syndication | |