ParkFans Logo

Vortex - Arrow Suspended Coaster

02/07/14 at 06:22pm in Vortex - Arrow Suspended Coaster (Latest Edit: 02/07/14 at 06:23pm by Shane.)
I was reading through some recent posts in the Big Bad Wolf thread over in the BGWFans section of the forum and was inspired to post these photos I had taken of a roller coaster at Canada's Wonderland on our trip to Canada in September 2013. It is a near clone of "Flight Deck/The Bat" at Kings Island but has some unique features that make it so much better than its twin at Kings Island. The fact that you climb up into Wonder Mountain is amazing and then its dive over the lake is a little reminiscent of The Wolf. Anyway, without further a due I present to you "Vortex."

All of my great memories of riding the Big Bad Wolf came rushing back on this fantastic little Arrow Suspended Coaster. Hope you enjoyed.

Waking up fresh every mornin'; Openin' up for you; Waitin' for your laughter; With so much new to do! Busch—Gardens! Busch—Gardens! Come to Busch Gardens and come to life! Come to Busch Gardens and come—to life!
Contact Me: Private Message | Email | Twitter | Coaster Count
Thanks given by:  Zachary, Matthew, superfomi, MAZ, David, Lee
02/08/14 at 02:08am in Vortex - Arrow Suspended Coaster (Latest Edit: 02/08/14 at 02:10am by MAZ.)
(02/07/14 06:22pm)Shane Wrote:  All of my great memories of riding the Big Bad Wolf came rushing back on this fantastic little Arrow Suspended Coaster. Hope you enjoyed.
I immediately watched on youtube and it looked quite intense! Maybe more intense than BBW, but with zero theme Frowning (except for the lift into the mountain)

Where? Behind the rabbit?
02/09/14 at 01:12pm in Vortex - Arrow Suspended Coaster
Either way, I thought it was a fantastic little coaster.

Waking up fresh every mornin'; Openin' up for you; Waitin' for your laughter; With so much new to do! Busch—Gardens! Busch—Gardens! Come to Busch Gardens and come to life! Come to Busch Gardens and come—to life!
Contact Me: Private Message | Email | Twitter | Coaster Count
Thanks given by:  Nicole
02/10/14 at 12:08am in Vortex - Arrow Suspended Coaster

What you're looking at there is the train going into the brake run at over 90 degrees. Only 3 Arrow Suspendeds do this, one is now defunct and on the other side of the world.
Thanks given by:  MAZ
02/11/14 at 12:03pm in Vortex - Arrow Suspended Coaster
I'm pretty sure that the physical experience of a roller coaster is 9/10 of the fun factor.  Decorations add to the experience, but the purpose is to feel the g forces and whatnot.

"Wit has some truth in it; wisecracking is simply calisthenics with words." -- Dorothy Parker
Thanks given by:  Planeteer
02/11/14 at 01:58pm in Vortex - Arrow Suspended Coaster
(02/11/14 12:03pm)Nic Wrote:  I'm pretty sure that the physical experience of a roller coaster is 9/10 of the fun factor.  Decorations add to the experience, but the purpose is to feel the g forces and whatnot.

That may be true for some, but I'm defiantly not in that boat. I've liked some rather "awful" roller coasters because of their locations, themes, etc. Flight of Fear comes to mind- the coaster isn't that great (at all)- but the ride experience makes it my favorite coaster at Kings Dominion.

Find Me: Twitter | Facebook | Google+
Contact Me: Private Message | Email

Our biggest foe is our inclination towards complacency and willingness to settle for mediocrity.
Thanks given by:  Nicole, Mushroom, Matthew, CastleOSullivan
02/11/14 at 02:33pm in Vortex - Arrow Suspended Coaster
I liked FoF too, probably for the same reason.

How about this: you can reasonably enjoy a coaster that has little to no theming if the physical expertience is cool.

"Wit has some truth in it; wisecracking is simply calisthenics with words." -- Dorothy Parker
Thanks given by:  Planeteer, CastleOSullivan
02/11/14 at 03:03pm in Vortex - Arrow Suspended Coaster (Latest Edit: 02/11/14 at 03:04pm by Zachary.)
Definitely concur there.

Find Me: Twitter | Facebook | Google+
Contact Me: Private Message | Email

Our biggest foe is our inclination towards complacency and willingness to settle for mediocrity.
Thanks given by:  Nicole, CastleOSullivan

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Contact Us | ParkFans Network | Return to Top | Lite (Archive) Mode | RSS Syndication | |