ParkFans Logo

Inferno Funnel Cake

01/19/14 at 10:10pm in Inferno Funnel Cake (Latest Edit: 01/19/14 at 10:10pm by Evan.)
Wiki Page Coming Soon...

Coaster Count: 115

"The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing." ~ Walt Disney
01/22/14 at 04:58am in Inferno Funnel Cake
Reading the name of this thread just made me want to play RCT2.... Not sure if spam or not.

"Too scary for your family?
Visit us during the day to experience family-friendly rides, Sesame Street Forest of Fun and Land of the Dragons children’s areas, and up-close animal encounters perfect for fall fun. Once the clock strikes 6 p.m., the Howl-O-Scream scares begin which may not be suitable for young children."

Thanks given by:  Zachary
08/29/14 at 09:03pm in Inferno Funnel Cake
New funnel cakes announced today:
Quote:Love funnel cake? Well check this out! Starting Saturday, we’ll have a special caramel apple funnel cake with cinnamon sugar and ice cream and a candy apple flavored funnel cake, both created by our Executive Chef. Trust us… they're DELICIOUS! Stop by World’s Greatest Funnel Cake, Apple Ida’s or Inferno to get one!

Good lord this looks incredible.
Thanks given by:  Connor
08/29/14 at 09:08pm in Inferno Funnel Cake
D I A B E T E S

Where? Behind the rabbit?
Thanks given by:  Reece, Connor
08/29/14 at 09:14pm in Inferno Funnel Cake
Diabetes has never been so appealing.
08/29/14 at 09:31pm in Inferno Funnel Cake
I don't think making diabetes jokes is all that tasteful... Instead I feel as though we should focus on how phenomenal they look. I wonder if the staff has actually been trained to prepare them as depicted. That's some pretty grand presentation.

Find Me: Twitter | Facebook | Google+
Contact Me: Private Message | Email

Our biggest foe is our inclination towards complacency and willingness to settle for mediocrity.
Thanks given by:  Nicole, Reece, Zimmy, Jonquil
08/29/14 at 09:34pm in Inferno Funnel Cake (Latest Edit: 08/29/14 at 09:35pm by Reece.)
It looks like all they would have to do is cook the funnel cake, dust it with whichever topping, put on the ice cream, and drizzle with whichever syrup.

I love this executive chef

Edit: also apples
08/29/14 at 10:06pm in Inferno Funnel Cake
Just another reason to love our friend Paul.

Find Busch Dominion:
BuschDominion.com | Instagram | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube
Thanks given by:  Reece
08/29/14 at 10:18pm in Inferno Funnel Cake
BGW's culinary department, is sitting behind it's desk with it's feet up whistling, and playing on it's phone, while KD's is doing, well, amazing. I'm just waiting for the scale to tip.

Anyways, I never thought a professional Chef would ever have a say in how funnel cakes are made, I'm stunned. They look delicious!
08/29/14 at 10:27pm in Inferno Funnel Cake (Latest Edit: 08/29/14 at 10:29pm by mwhinva.)
Chef Paul started with the park at the beginning of July. He seems to be jumping in with both feet this season. I was not expecting much for this year; but, with Bistro 75 and the new funnel cake flavors, he is proving me wrong!

I realize most food places in the park fall into the burgers, hot dogs, pizza, and chicken strips/sandwiches category; but, there are several places where Chef Paul could make his mark for next year.

On the top of my list is the Country Kitchen. I would love to see him improve the side items and tweak the barbeque recipes. Maybe go back and offer ribs again?

Victoria's Pizza is my next thought. Maybe offer some basic pasta dishes like spaghetti & meatballs, lasagne, eggplant/chicken parmesan? (I thought they did meatball subs and lasagne in the past. I believe they dropped those a couple years ago).  

Outer Hanks could be another food establishment he could tinker with. This goes for the Border Cafe as well.

I assume Chef Paul could tweak the pizza crust/sauce/cheese recipes. Not sure what he could do with the burger/dogs/chicken places. Maybe review/check out new suppliers?

Might need to move this to a general eateries forum topic.
Thanks given by:  Joe, Zachary, Matthew, Jonquil, MAZ
08/29/14 at 10:30pm in Inferno Funnel Cake
OK. Not to be too negative, but I just want to point out that in general funnel cake looks and smells better than it tastes. Perhaps we should wait until people have sampled the new dishes, before swooning all over the place.

This comment is not meant as a criticism of the chef, but as a comment on fried dough in general.

"Wit has some truth in it; wisecracking is simply calisthenics with words." -- Dorothy Parker
Thanks given by:  Connor, Username
08/29/14 at 10:31pm in Inferno Funnel Cake
I generally appreciate it when parks DO not serve pasta, and for a very simple reason. Pasta is hard to make well in large batches. It always ends up limp and mushy and then it sits around.

Numquam ponenda est pluralitas sine necessitate! - William of Occam
I'm serious now, who here wants my job? - NASA Director James Webb
Thanks given by:  Reece
08/29/14 at 10:38pm in Inferno Funnel Cake
I tried the meatball sub when Victoria Pizza had it and I didn't like it at all. Glad they got rid of it

I can't wait to try these new funnel cakes Sunday. Get hypeeeee
08/30/14 at 01:47am in Inferno Funnel Cake
I apologize for my tasteless sugar disease joke, while I should have been commenting on how delicious these funnel cakes look. I mean really, How could candy apple funnel cake be bad? I'm not sure how to take Nicole's comment. Fried bread in 'general' means doughnut. Who doesn't like or approve of doughnuts?

Where? Behind the rabbit?
Thanks given by:  Jonquil
08/30/14 at 01:59am in Inferno Funnel Cake
Any food that can be just as tasty with either sugar or chicken & gravy is OK in my book.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Contact Us | ParkFans Network | Return to Top | Lite (Archive) Mode | RSS Syndication | |