ParkFans Logo

Outer Hanks

01/19/14 at 09:31pm in Outer Hanks
Wiki Page Coming Soon...

Coaster Count: 115

"The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing." ~ Walt Disney
01/28/15 at 10:31pm in Outer Hanks
So, even though this restaurant has operated under its current name since 2008, I just now noticed the clever little joke Cedar Fair blew Paramount's way by naming it Outer Hanks. Obviously, Tom Hanks was the star of the movie Forrest Gump, after which this restaurant was named during Paramount's reign ("Bubba Gump Shrimp Shack"). So they "outed" Hanks when Cedar Fair renamed the restaurant? Get it? Outer Hanks?

I can't believe I just noticed this now.

Find Busch Dominion:
BuschDominion.com | Instagram | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube
Thanks given by:  Connor, GeoUSA, Zachary, TrevorBondi
01/28/15 at 11:19pm in Outer Hanks
I'm pretty sure its a play on Outer Banks. But good try.
Thanks given by:  Nicole, Connor, Zachary
01/29/15 at 12:18am in Outer Hanks
I always thought the Outer Hanks restaurants were based on a little of both. A callback to the original restaurant and a reference to the Outer Banks.

Considering every other Paramount-era Bubba Gump's was given the same name/conversion, I think its still more of a callback.

Project Geauga Lake - Photos! - BGW Crowd Calendar - Don't look back, as you brave the Black Forest
Thanks given by:  Joe, GeoUSA, Zachary, WasabiDragon
05/02/15 at 11:11am in Outer Hanks (Latest Edit: 05/02/15 at 11:14am by Joe.)
The sign at Outer Hanks was (finally!) replaced this weekend.

For comparison, here's what it looked like just last weekend:

Find Busch Dominion:
BuschDominion.com | Instagram | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube
Thanks given by:  TrevorBondi, Connor, Nicole, Matthew, Zachary, MAZ, WasabiDragon, Shane, netdvn
07/01/16 at 11:42am in Outer Hanks
Video below is from Clint on the Kings Dominion Season Pass Holders Facebook site. Shows a new ordering system for park patrons who have one of the 3 meal plans. Clint said this system is also in the Jukebox Diner. I think this could be a time saver for those with a meal plan.

Self Service food ordering system
Thanks given by:  Nicole, Joe, Connor
09/06/16 at 09:13am in Outer Hanks (Latest Edit: 09/06/16 at 09:15am by strycker.)
Did this place ever serve po'boys? We went in hoping they had them but it was standard fried fair (fish, shrimp or chicken strips) and grilled chicken sandwiches. I really wish they had a better selection in the park. Everywhere seems to be the same.

I see they used to have them on the 2014 menu posted as well as BBQ sandwiches. Didn't see those options anywhere on the menu Sunday.

2015: Apollo's Chariot - Griffon - Alpengeist - Verbolten - Loch Ness Monster - Tempesto - The Hulk - Rip Ride Rockit - The Mummy - Escape from Gringotts
2016: Intimidator 305 Dominator Volcano Grizzly Rebel Yell Anaconda Ricochet
Thanks given by:  SWStevo
09/06/16 at 12:45pm in Outer Hanks
(09/06/16 09:13am)strycker Wrote:  Did this place ever serve po'boys?  We went in hoping they had them but it was standard fried fair (fish, shrimp or chicken strips) and grilled chicken sandwiches.  I really wish they had a better selection in the park.  Everywhere seems to be the same.

I see they used to have them on the 2014 menu posted as well as BBQ sandwiches.  Didn't see those options anywhere on the menu Sunday.
I think the po boys went to the new restaurant in the water park area when it opened last year. They do have at keast 3 places with bbq around the oark. It's been my experience that over the last 3 or 4 years they done a nice job changing out the kd brand restaurants so that each one is a little different.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Contact Us | ParkFans Network | Return to Top | Lite (Archive) Mode | RSS Syndication | |