ParkFans Logo

Howl-O-Scream 2014 Rumors & Discussion

This thread is intended for rumors and related discussion for Busch Gardens Tampa's Howl-O-Scream 2014.

For confirmed/official information on the event, please visit the Howl-O-Scream 2014 thread.

Feel free to discuss any rumors you hear in this thread.

To start us off: I've heard from two different sources that The Experiment is intended to return for 2-4 seasons, with the idea that they can change out the various experiments each year, creating a whole new experience each time.

This account is no longer in use.
01/06/14 at 03:59am in Howl-O-Scream 2014 Rumors & Discussion (Latest Edit: 01/06/14 at 04:01am by CastleOSullivan.)
I would not expect Ultimate Gamble to return this year. They really ran that one to the ground quickly. Also, I would guess that Nevermore still has at least one year left. Last year was a great improvement of when it opened in 2011. If I personally had to choose a second house for the chopping block, I think I would choose Circus of Superstition 3D. It is a great house, don't get me wrong, but it doesn't have the staying power of most houses. Clown/3D-based houses generally don't stay very long. I also still love Zombie Mortuary, but they usually only have two new houses each year. That one still stands strong, and they could ease it into its (potentially) last year with a sequel house. I have high hopes for this year. They really raised the bar last year, and I expect them to run with that.

-P.S. The Scare Zone quality has really gone down. They need to make them blend in with their area better, like they did in the far past years.

"Be careful what you wish for, be sure your wish is wise."
Thanks given by:  Viktor, Bill
I'm thinking that Nevermore & Ultimate Gamble might not return this year. They've been at the event for quite a while and are nothing too special. I hope they use those venues for the new houses this year.

Viktor T.
@TheBGTBuzz On Twitter
~Theme Park Blogger & Photographer Covering Busch Gardens Tampa~
Thanks given by:  Bill
I definitely feel like Ultimate Gamble is done, it's run its course. Nevermore, although around for a few seasons now, got pretty high marks from what I heard this past season so I think they could squeak one more year out of it with some tweaks to it. That's all speculation on my part, not basing it on any solid info.

Thanks given by:  CastleOSullivan, Viktor
I agree with Ultimate Gamble going this year. The haunted house I didn't care for was the one near the Colony restaurant. I don't even remember the name but we didn't care for it. I think they will keep the 3D house since it is different.
Thanks given by:  pandorazboxx
03/13/14 at 06:14pm in Howl-O-Scream 2014 Rumors & Discussion (Latest Edit: 03/13/14 at 06:15pm by CastleOSullivan.)
The house near the Crown Colony House is called Blood Asylum. It is only two years old, but to me it feels much older. That house was nothing but a mashup between Deconstruction and Death Row Vengeance. Now that they released Deathwater Bayou, they have a whole new standard for future haunted houses. They have raised the bar. Hopefully whatever they come up with for this year can live up to those new standard.

Thanks given by:  Zachary
Expect house changes.. at least one new house.
Going to this event for the past 12 years, I like to think I can predict the trend. Like most people agree; Ultimate Gamble should be gone. That was an awesome house the first year, and then just died for me. I think the third year they had us go through with flashlights which was a great twist that worked for me, but 2 weeks later they took that away, guessing too many problems. Nevermore could be a borderline one. It has never really appealed to me, but seems to always get high marks year after year. I see them keeping that for at least one more year and revamping another one. Blood Asylum is the one that really needs changed. I think there has been 4-5 years going on that one, and basically, I wonder if the toilet is gonna squirt me or not as I walk through every year. Zombie Mortuary will stay and the 3D one will probably have a third year also (hey now, it is like walking through a bad simpsons cartoon when very drunk). It is a pity they took away the house that was always built in the dodge cars area, amazingly, that always seemed to work and helped the flow of people from Timbuktu (Pantopia) to Stanleyville
Circus of superstition 3D was one of my favorites. Comparable to 13 in Williamsburg, but much much better.

Yes, horror, fright, gore! We need more EVIL!
Looking like Circus of Superstition will be returning.

Thanks given by:  pandorazboxx, CastleOSullivan
Am I the only one who thought the basement house was absolutely horrible... It was the one of the worst houses Howl-O-Scream has ever had. Nothing about it was scary and I hope they get rid of it or they need to make some major changes to that one. I also think nevermore and ultimate gamble need to go because they are getting old. I love this event so much I go every year! Bayou house last year blew my mind the best house I think Howl-O-Scream has had in a while. I've also noticed that whatever house is in the pantopia area is usually one of the best houses. I can't wait for this years event I do hope though that they start upping up their scare zones they seems at always lack that atmosphere for me.
05/29/14 at 05:31pm in Howl-O-Scream 2014 Rumors & Discussion (Latest Edit: 05/29/14 at 05:33pm by CastleOSullivan.)
First off, welcome to the forums! I don't think the basement was really meant to be too scary. It was full of dark humor, with some good scares. I hope to see The Basement get a few improvements. It was a very cool house, especially since the set was mostly recycled from Alone. It had some pretty cool illusions in there,including CGI, which before seeing it used in that house, I thought CGI was a useless gimmick in haunted houses. However, they pulled it off to make it look real.  I also liked how they reused the flying box from Nightshade Toy Factory as a crushing machine for the "jam". I still can't quite figure out how they made the illusion that you were at the bottom of a broken staircase.

Here are some photos from inside the house. Warning. These photos contain some gore.

Thanks given by:  Zachary
Looks like the raven has said nevermore for the last time. Saw crews pulling props out of the Nevermore building. No word on what it might become, though.
Thanks given by:  Nicole, Bill, CastleOSullivan
I would love it so much if they sent it down to Williamsburg. The house was very strong in 2013, but that may be the problem. It took them a while to perfect it, and it has gotten old since then. I don't know if Williamsburg would even consider doing that, but Tampa has borrowed plenty from them.

Thanks given by:  Joe, Connor
So, here's a few details of things I've seen/heard for this year's Howl-O-Scream:

- Clowns (likely meaning return of Circus of Superstition)
- Zombies (possible return of Zombie Mortuary behind Pantopia Theater)
- Post-Apocalypse theme (possible new house or scare zone)
- return of The Experiment (upcharge house)
- One more (new) theme I can't quite figure out

Thanks given by:  CastleOSullivan, Connor

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Contact Us | ParkFans Network | Return to Top | Lite (Archive) Mode | RSS Syndication | |