ParkFans Logo

Lightning Run Announced

11/17/13 at 01:09am in Lightning Run Announced (Latest Edit: 11/17/13 at 01:11am by Zachary.)
The announcement has been made! The new coaster is called Lightning Run!

YouTube Link

Thanks given by:  Julia
11/17/13 at 03:44am in Lightning Run Announced (Latest Edit: 11/19/13 at 01:47pm by Shane.)
No surprise for me. I heard a couple months ago that this was a compact Chance hyper. I never saw the layout until now so I didn't expect this to be so twisty, but given the space they have it's not really surprising.
11/17/13 at 04:12pm in Lightning Run Announced
Pretty cool. I'll have to ride this soon. Winking

SeaWorld Orlando & Busch Gardens Tampa
Theme Park lover~ Future Rollercoaster Designer
Most likely distracted or daydreaming about theme parks.. Welcome to my world.

Instagram | Twitter
11/19/13 at 12:19pm in Lightning Run Announced (Latest Edit: 11/20/13 at 09:03pm by Shane.)
Zach and I were talking about this lastnight, but if you look at the track an wheel assembly in this video they are using the old Morgan track and what appears to be trains similar to Steel Phantom at Kennywood. Its a bit surprising, you would think this being a modern ride that they would have used outside wheel assemblies that are on the Hyper GT-X. I am wondering if this is actually based on the older Morgan Hypercoaster or if this is the newer Chance GT-X and someone used the wrong track and train mesh in NoLimits or something... Something to chew on.

Waking up fresh every mornin'; Openin' up for you; Waitin' for your laughter; With so much new to do! Busch—Gardens! Busch—Gardens! Come to Busch Gardens and come to life! Come to Busch Gardens and come—to life!
Contact Me: Private Message | Email | Twitter | Coaster Count
Thanks given by:  Zachary
11/19/13 at 01:40pm in Lightning Run Announced
Hoping this thing has non-neutered air time like Steel Force does on good days. This coaster looks like it can pack some decent airtime on a few hills, along with some interesting transition forces.
11/20/13 at 11:11am in Lightning Run Announced
(11/20/13 04:23am)Unagi Wrote:  I'm not as interested as I was before after seeing those awful leg restraints attached to the lap bar!

THIS! Leg restraints are one of the banes of my existence and these look especially awful.

Find Me: Twitter | Facebook | Google+
Contact Me: Private Message | Email

Our biggest foe is our inclination towards complacency and willingness to settle for mediocrity.
Thanks given by:  Unagi
11/20/13 at 12:18pm in Lightning Run Announced
For such a compact and tight track that front end looks to be a little too large for all the transitions in the ride.

On another note, Mamba, Wild Thing, and Steel Force are top 10 coasters? Oh god that interview was bad.
Thanks given by:  Unagi
05/14/14 at 03:33pm in Lightning Run Announced
Lightning Run test video.

YouTube Link
Thanks given by:  Connor, Julia
05/14/14 at 04:13pm in Lightning Run Announced
It looks like a PAX hellspawn, and I love it.
05/14/14 at 11:31pm in Lightning Run Announced

Irvine Ondrey Engineering is working on the ride programming. Man I have an obsession with ride panels Tongue

Coaster Count: 115

"The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing." ~ Walt Disney
Thanks given by:  Unagi, Zachary, b.mac
05/15/14 at 02:40am in Lightning Run Announced
Lightning Run POV

YouTube Link
05/15/14 at 07:04pm in Lightning Run Announced
It would appear that they have pulled the POV.

Waking up fresh every mornin'; Openin' up for you; Waitin' for your laughter; With so much new to do! Busch—Gardens! Busch—Gardens! Come to Busch Gardens and come to life! Come to Busch Gardens and come—to life!
Contact Me: Private Message | Email | Twitter | Coaster Count
05/15/14 at 07:27pm in Lightning Run Announced
Here's a working one. Looks like it has better pacing than the Mack ones.

YouTube Link

Project Geauga Lake - Photos! - BGW Crowd Calendar - Don't look back, as you brave the Black Forest
Thanks given by:  Jesy
05/15/14 at 10:52pm in Lightning Run Announced
IOE uses Allen Bradley for their installations, already a huge fan of them.
Thanks given by:  Evan
05/16/14 at 05:13am in Lightning Run Announced
Here is a reverse POV of the ride.

I'm gonna say this right now...I absolutely HATE HATE HATE those leg restraints!

YouTube Link

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Contact Us | ParkFans Network | Return to Top | Lite (Archive) Mode | RSS Syndication | |