ParkFans Logo

Anheuser Busch Music Productions

11/10/13 at 06:36pm in Anheuser Busch Music Productions (Latest Edit: 11/15/13 at 10:52pm by David.)
So i've been sitting on a few old vinyl albums and finally decided to get around to converting them to digital for everyone. The two I will be posting tonight are "Oktoberfest Live" and "The Kingsmill Suite".

They are both labeled as Anheuser Busch productions from the mid 70's and rather great to listen to.

Here's some album art to hold you over while everything is being converted.

Here is Oktoberfest Live! (both sides)

And here is The Kingsmill Suite. This one is also two sided, the first side is "The Kingsmill Suite" and the second side is "Themes from the Old Country" which features music inspired by the hamlets of BGW. Look for the attached picture for some more info about this.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:  Bill, chickenking, Evan, Peter R., Hoopla, Gavin, Zachary, CastleOSullivan, Alf33, netdvn, oldtimer, Pretzel Kaiser, Yamifj1200, Matthew, Haberdasher1973, Imaginique, Youhow2, ce23693, ScottL, Jonquil, flamanar, Connor, Lord Robert
11/10/13 at 07:13pm in Anheuser Busch Music Productions
And some more album art....

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:  Bill, Zachary, chickenking
11/10/13 at 07:23pm in Anheuser Busch Music Productions
Updated the first post with a Sound Cloud link to the Oktoberfest Live! Just note, I haven't edited any of it. So i'll post a cleaned up version later. Just figured a raw version is good enough for now Tongue
Thanks given by:  Bill, Peter R., Zachary, chickenking
11/10/13 at 08:38pm in Anheuser Busch Music Productions
Updated first post with "The kingsmill Suite" along with a picture of some information about the second side of the album (also included in the recording) "Themes from the Old Country"
Thanks given by:  Bill, Zachary, BGW Family, oldtimer, chickenking, flamanar
11/12/13 at 09:48am in Anheuser Busch Music Productions
Well done, thanks!

Old enough to remember The Old Country
Friend of the friendly eagle.
11/12/13 at 09:52am in Anheuser Busch Music Productions
This is nice and all, but nobody cares about the park's history anymore, brah.

Seriously: Thank You for doing this.
11/12/13 at 08:27pm in Anheuser Busch Music Productions
Thanks for putting this online! Great music!
11/12/13 at 08:32pm in Anheuser Busch Music Productions
Just for the record, this is one of the best threads on this site and everyone should give David rep for it.

Find Me: Twitter | Facebook | Google+
Contact Me: Private Message | Email

Our biggest foe is our inclination towards complacency and willingness to settle for mediocrity.
Thanks given by:  Hoopla, flamanar
11/12/13 at 08:42pm in Anheuser Busch Music Productions (Latest Edit: 11/12/13 at 09:01pm by David.)
I just want to note... I bought a new record player for the purpose of ripping these to digital. If anyone else has any more hidden BGW/BG/AB gems like this, I'd be more than happy to do convert them over to digital.

Also, feel free to post these where ever. Just make sure to link back to this thread Winking (I personally don't care for getting the credit. I just want more people to find BGWFans so we can hopefully dig up some more treasures like these.)
Thanks given by:  chickenking, flamanar
11/13/13 at 01:12pm in Anheuser Busch Music Productions (Latest Edit: 11/13/13 at 01:12pm by chickenking.)
I have been listening to these albums, particularly the Kingsmill Suite, every day this week at work. Love it!! Thanks again. Cool

Are there any other albums in the fold?

"As king, you must find the good in any situation."
Thanks given by:  Zachary
11/13/13 at 01:17pm in Anheuser Busch Music Productions (Latest Edit: 11/13/13 at 01:21pm by Zachary.)
The Ghosts of the Globe soundtrack is out there on vinyl but copies of it are often quite expensive.

Also, just so everyone knows, as far as I can tell the Kingsmill Suite record is exceedingly rare. We're very lucky to have access to it.

Find Me: Twitter | Facebook | Google+
Contact Me: Private Message | Email

Our biggest foe is our inclination towards complacency and willingness to settle for mediocrity.
Thanks given by:  chickenking, Peter R., flamanar
11/13/13 at 03:47pm in Anheuser Busch Music Productions (Latest Edit: 11/13/13 at 03:48pm by Zachary.)
This is part 1 of Ghosts of the Globe.

"Be careful what you wish for, be sure your wish is wise."
Thanks given by:  Zachary, chickenking, Party Rocker, Peter R., Alf33, Haberdasher1973, flamanar, Lord Robert
11/13/13 at 04:43pm in Anheuser Busch Music Productions
^ OMG! You are my new best friend!! I can hear the pops and everything on the record. Love it!! Anxiously awaiting Part 2. Smiling

"As king, you must find the good in any situation."
Thanks given by:  CastleOSullivan, flamanar
11/13/13 at 06:05pm in Anheuser Busch Music Productions
Did anybody else just turn off everything they had around them, and then listened to the whole recording of Oktoberfest Live! Because I sure did. I loved it, and I cannot thank you enough David for putting this on here!

Have a good evening at The Old Country!
11/15/13 at 10:54pm in Anheuser Busch Music Productions
alf33 has cleaned up the versions I posted and sent them to me in .flac format. I just uploaded his updated version of The Kingsmill Suite and I will say it's MUCH better. So tons of thanks go out to him for taking the time to clean these up.

Oktoberfest Live! was also cleaned up and I will post that up tomorrow.

Again, huge thanks to alf33 for this!
Thanks given by:  Zachary, CastleOSullivan, Alf33, flamanar

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Contact Us | ParkFans Network | Return to Top | Lite (Archive) Mode | RSS Syndication | |