ParkFans Logo

New Summertime Event for 2014 (Americana?!)

10/25/13 at 10:55am in New Summertime Event for 2014 (Americana?!) (Latest Edit: 02/24/14 at 02:43pm by Zachary.)
IllumiNights may be dead, but the desire to keep an event of some kind going year round sure isn't. The little birdies say that we'll see an IllumiNights replacement debut next year right after Food & Wine.

Find Me: Twitter | Facebook | Google+
Contact Me: Private Message | Email

Our biggest foe is our inclination towards complacency and willingness to settle for mediocrity.
Thanks given by:  Franco, Suswa, BGW Family, netdvn, gazisghost, VACoasterFan, CastleOSullivan, Kitty, flamanar, Luke
I'd like to see the return of an evening summer show like Imaginique in the RPT. I still think that is the best show BGW has produced over the last several years. Plus, I just really like that venue, especially with its proximity to Griffon and the great view it offers.

Google+ | FacebookTwitter
Thanks given by:  Pretzel Kaiser, Applesauce, BGW Family, CastleOSullivan, Kitty, flamanar, Imaginique
Ideally, they should do one large show at the RPT, Street performers instead of small shows, and Fireworks on the weekends. Minimal decorations throughout the park because the park is (was) beautiful on its own.

That being said, we're getting gaudy crap instead.
Thanks given by:  BGW Family, Mushroom, Hoopla, netdvn, VACoasterFan, Kitty, Julia, Haberdasher1973, flamanar
I just hope they aren't adding any parades. I hate parades.

Google+ | FacebookTwitter
Thanks given by:  Planeteer, Matthew, Nicole, Kitty, Username, flamanar
10/25/13 at 04:07pm in New Summertime Event for 2014 (Americana?!) (Latest Edit: 10/25/13 at 04:08pm by Matthew.)
Ding Dong, the witch is dead! The witch is dead! The witch is dead! Ding Dong the Tacky witch is dead!!

I would love something like what Tampa has, with a good show in the RPT!
10/25/13 at 04:42pm in New Summertime Event for 2014 (Americana?!) (Latest Edit: 10/25/13 at 04:42pm by Hoopla.)
Have one show in RPT, small village bands, street performers, no decor, and fireworks on the weekends. That is what I would want, but of course, that won't happen. Let's use a semi-famous quote:

"[...] will sparkle this year!" :dodgy:

Don't worry, I still love you Busch Gardens!
Thanks given by:  CastleOSullivan, Zachary, Kitty, flamanar
This isnt a rumor. Its official, as it was announced an entertainment "event". Instead of all these fireworks shows, it will be a few very extravagant fireworks display. Plus new nighttime entertainment

“The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success.”
~ Bruce Feirstein
Thanks given by:  Planeteer
(10/26/13 04:44am)Bigfoot Wrote:  This isnt a rumor. Its official, as it was announced an entertainment "event".

Please show me the press release or tell me where this was announced to the public.

(10/26/13 04:44am)Bigfoot Wrote:  Instead of all these fireworks shows, it will be a few very extravagant fireworks display. Plus new nighttime entertainment

Hmm, this sounds interesting. Very similar to Illuminights; however, I take it the firework displays would be different.
I'm a complete sucker for fireworks, so I hope they put together a better display. If we can get back an Imaginique style and quality show I don't need them to add anything else for summertime entertainment, I'll be planted in RPT every night.
Thanks given by:  Kitty, flamanar, Imaginique
(10/26/13 08:38am)Party Rocker Wrote:  
(10/26/13 04:44am)Bigfoot Wrote:  This isnt a rumor. Its official, as it was announced an entertainment "event".

Please show me the press release or tell me where this was announced to the public.

(10/26/13 04:44am)Bigfoot Wrote:  Instead of all these fireworks shows, it will be a few very extravagant fireworks display. Plus new nighttime entertainment

Hmm, this sounds interesting. Very similar to Illuminights; however, I take it the firework displays would be different.

It was an unofficial thing told to the entertainment department by Scott himself. I've got eyes on the inside, at least during howloscream season, I did.

“The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success.”
~ Bruce Feirstein
11/03/13 at 11:03pm in New Summertime Event for 2014 (Americana?!) (Latest Edit: 11/03/13 at 11:04pm by Imaginique.)
I'd love for Imaginique to come back! Smiling I also like the small groups of musicians they have like in Ireland and England for Christmastown, so keeping that small musical element would be nice. Also, be open until midnight like when I was a kid!

I'd also like them to cut back on the "famous" musical acts. I know they weren't part of Illuminights; but, I really don't go to theme parks to see music acts that aren't made for the park. I know even Disney does it at their Food and Wine festival, but it's irritating and quite frankly a copout. A theme park should have their own original programs, not bring in the tween sensation of the month.
Thanks given by:  Kitty
I actually think the concerts are great for those who can't afford or can't travel to see their favorite artist in concert. Yes, the concerts probably deserve a venu separate from the park, or not so "in the park" but I honestly enjoy them and I hope they keep getting a diverse lineup. I am sure if they were able to build a stadium or something to house the concerts, that would be a great all year round thing they could do.

But I do love Imaginique just as much, if not more.
Thanks given by:  Hoopla, Kitty, Julia
They should do fantasmic on the Rhine...KIDDING
(10/26/13 04:44am)Jacques Wrote:  This isnt a rumor. Its official, as it was announced an entertainment "event".

(11/02/13 04:22am)Jacques Wrote:  It was an unofficial thing told to the entertainment department by Scott himself. I've got eyes on the inside, at least during howloscream season, I did.

Which is it "Official" or "Unofficial," you're contradicting yourself. Point is I don't care if Scott walked over and told me or Zachary himself. Until its released by the park it is a rumor.

Waking up fresh every mornin'; Openin' up for you; Waitin' for your laughter; With so much new to do! Busch—Gardens! Busch—Gardens! Come to Busch Gardens and come to life! Come to Busch Gardens and come—to life!
Contact Me: Private Message | Email | Twitter | Coaster Count
Thanks given by:  Mushroom, Nora
It's officially unofficial from a friend of a friend who was on the inside but isn't anymore.
Thanks given by:  Shane, Peter R.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Contact Us | ParkFans Network | Return to Top | Lite (Archive) Mode | RSS Syndication | |