ParkFans Logo

What good ideas do you have for HOS?

10/08/13 at 03:51pm in What good ideas do you have for HOS? (Latest Edit: 10/08/13 at 03:52pm by Tony.)
Hi all,

I have not posted much so I thought I would throw something out there since we went to HOS this past weekend.

My HOS Background / Short review for this year
So I have been going to HOS for about 6 years now and I have to say this was one if not the best overall events I have been too. We almost always go on Saturday and get QQs so its consistent. There were some good house and even better areas/terror-tories than I believe in the past. The only complaint seem to be not enough scare actors, though this year had the most I have seen - or needed the least amount more.

So HOS is good, but I think it can always get better and I had a couple ideas.
What would you do to make HOS better!
  • House Idea: At the end of a long hallway in the middle of a house give participants a choice of going right or left. At the end of each turn have three doors for participants to open. Behind two doors have a scare actor. Behind the third have a path way to the rest of the house. This will provide guarantee scares and make it a challenging for participants. You can label the choice of left or right with something like "wicked scares =>" and "Cheesey scares <=". You would need enough light at the doors and at the split to make sure participants know which way to go.
  • Move the fear of heights room to the Pirates area - wife's idea - and make it a walk the plank scare.

You all are smart folks - what small ideas would you like to see at HOS?
Thanks given by:  Nicole, John
10/08/13 at 05:03pm in What good ideas do you have for HOS?
Look at my post for mine
My ideas

“The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success.”
~ Bruce Feirstein
10/08/13 at 08:19pm in What good ideas do you have for HOS?
If they stay with the terror-tories, I'd add ghillie suit guys around the park. Just hidden in the bushes with their shakers or something. Just to keep people on their toes.

Yes, horror, fright, gore! We need more EVIL!
Thanks given by:  Hoopla, Planeteer
10/08/13 at 09:03pm in What good ideas do you have for HOS?
(10/08/13 08:19pm)pandorazboxx Wrote:  If they stay with the terror-tories, I'd add ghillie suit guys around the park. Just hidden in the bushes with their shakers or something. Just to keep people on their toes.

Imagine if Oktoberfest was a huge version of Root of All Evil. alot of plats and stuff around with alot of chainsaws, ghillies, and creatures.

~ Bruce Feirstein
Thanks given by:  Hoopla, netdvn, John
10/09/13 at 07:04pm in What good ideas do you have for HOS? (Latest Edit: 10/09/13 at 07:05pm by Hoopla.)
Imagine if they had a lot of monsters from the start of the event!! :dodgy:

I feel that they could make some of the small side building really cool props. Like the blow t-shirt art stand in Germany. Get rid of the t-shirts for HOS and make it a castle type thing with vampire and stuff that interact with you. Smiling

Don't worry, I still love you Busch Gardens!
10/09/13 at 08:39pm in What good ideas do you have for HOS?
Trust me, he knows about Senior Glitter.

"Wit has some truth in it; wisecracking is simply calisthenics with words." -- Dorothy Parker
Thanks given by:  Planeteer
10/09/13 at 08:43pm in What good ideas do you have for HOS?
(10/09/13 08:39pm)Nic Wrote:  Trust me, he knows about Senior Glitter.

Oh... Please send him my condolences. Tongue

Find Busch Dominion:
BuschDominion.com | Instagram | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube
Thanks given by:  Nicole, Planeteer
10/10/13 at 11:22am in What good ideas do you have for HOS?
(10/08/13 03:51pm)Tony Wrote:  [*]House Idea: At the end of a long hallway in the middle of a house give participants a choice of going right or left. At the end of each turn have three doors for participants to open. Behind two doors have a scare actor. Behind the third have a path way to the rest of the house. This will provide guarantee scares and make it a challenging for participants. You can label the choice of left or right with something like "wicked scares =>" and "Cheesey scares <=". You would need enough light at the doors and at the split to make sure participants know which way to go.
[*]Move the fear of heights room to the Pirates area - wife's idea - and make it a walk the plank scare.
[/list]

For all of your Whovians playing along at home, this could totally be set up like the God Complex episode.

Fear of Heights in a pirate maze is, of course, a brilliant idea.

"Wit has some truth in it; wisecracking is simply calisthenics with words." -- Dorothy Parker
10/10/13 at 09:08pm in What good ideas do you have for HOS?
You wanna see my ideas just wait I ll type them up, or show you
10/10/13 at 09:16pm in What good ideas do you have for HOS?
I have had this idea for a year or so now, and I think it is pretty cool. Have e park have one big theme, like zombies or vampires or whatever, and have a bunch of themed characters just walking around. Have literally no barriers. Have the monsters roam wherever they want, stores, restaurants, ride lines, etc. It would give the scare is everywhere a new meaning. Smiling

Another idea is have terror-tories in all the countries, and have the themed characters able to roam everywhere. Stores, lines, restaurants, etc. Knock down all barriers for monsters. (Except for touching of course.

I also think it would be cool for BGW to get a house like alone. That house looks SO cool and scary. I would so do it if it came to Williamsburg!! Smiling

10/10/13 at 09:25pm in What good ideas do you have for HOS?
A guy at work was telling me about a really cool sounding house in Kansas City. It is just a huge warehouse with very dim lighting, fog, obstacles and tons of scare actors. He said you get really lost and disoriented as you are being chased by the actors, so is gets really scary. He said one of his friends got lost and couldn't find his way out for an hour.

10/11/13 at 03:43am in What good ideas do you have for HOS?
(10/10/13 09:16pm)Hoopla Wrote:  I have had this idea for a year or so now, and I think it is pretty cool. Have e park have one big theme, like zombies or vampires or whatever, and have a bunch of themed characters just walking around. Have literally no barriers. Have the monsters roam wherever they want, stores, restaurants, ride lines, etc. It would give the scare is everywhere a new meaning. Smiling

Another idea is have terror-tories in all the countries, and have the themed characters able to roam everywhere. Stores, lines, restaurants, etc. Knock down all barriers for monsters. (Except for touching of course.

I also think it would be cool for BGW to get a house like alone. That house looks SO cool and scary. I would so do it if it came to Williamsburg!! Smiling

The only problem is, in restaraunts, you dont want to scare people and have them drop their food or whatever and waste their money. However, i do agree terror-tories everywhere, but with safety areas in the rstaraunts and stores, esepcially with breakable things(like the shops in ireland).

However, I did hear a story about a howloscreamer in the Caverns of Darkness maze, ont he last day, getting a bunch of bowler hats from the leprechauns(who I think quit or something), and they became the monster mob.(forget what the actual creature name was). he would say things like "Yeah, see, we're gonna go rob groggans Grill...Ye aint a squealer are ya? Cause, see here, we'll be sure to nail ya to the wal if you are, see?"

Gotta love some of those scare squad peopl,e cause theyre very imaginative and come up with some interesting things.

~ Bruce Feirstein
Thanks given by:  Hoopla
10/11/13 at 06:18am in What good ideas do you have for HOS?
^Yeah, the resturant part was meant to show no barriers. I didn't actually want them to go in resturants. Smiling I also don't want them going into a store with glass pieces!! Smiling

10/11/13 at 09:23am in What good ideas do you have for HOS? (Latest Edit: 10/11/13 at 09:25am by Nicole.)
Actually, there have been scare actors around Trappers before. It made dinner a bit exciting. It is already almost too dark to eat there. Guys with chainsaws or whatever add an additional level of difficultly. (Not that any of that stopped me from eating my brisket.)

10/11/13 at 11:46am in What good ideas do you have for HOS?
I'd bring back the haunted train. Have some type of Rhine River ride to interact with pirates me and Nic talked about this, I d put witches in New France. Over in wolf area put werewolves, like something went wrong and a wolf bit a zoological person and transformed them.

More later I would do this but it's already done, had to add this for Senior Glitter

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:  Nicole, Planeteer

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Contact Us | ParkFans Network | Return to Top | Lite (Archive) Mode | RSS Syndication | |