ParkFans Logo

Medusa Steel Coaster

08/29/13 at 10:22pm in Medusa Steel Coaster (Latest Edit: 06/15/14 at 06:32pm by Unagi.)
I haven't been to Mexico in forever and this may entice me to go back!

YouTube Link

http://content.sixflags.com/comingin2014...l-coaster/

Quote:Medusa Steel Coaster

It’s official. Coming in 2014, Six Flags Mexico will introduce a brand new coaster experience, the first hybrid coaster of its kind in the country. Medusa will be transformed into the new innovative Medusa Steel Coaster, featuring a slick steel track atop a wooden base and this giant beast will feature impressive heights, astonishing speeds, stomach-tightening inversions, and an adrenaline rush like no other with its steep drop, extreme turns, and twisting inversions.

This technological innovation will combine the classic thrills of a wooden structure, with a new modern track and rails constructed out of steel, providing a ride that’s fiercer and smoother than ever before. Riders will elevate up to touch the sky atop the 98-foot lift hill. Then, you’ll whip over the peak and conquer the heart-racing plunge downward at an unbelievable 58 miles per hour. You’ll reach the bottom of this gut-wrenching slope before you even have time to scream.

You’ll then thunder around 3,000 feet of non-stop action, tackling surprising over-banked turns, sliding around dramatic curves, and twisting through outrageous inversions, flipping head-over-heels through a winding coil. Medusa Steel Coaster will feature two newly-themed trains topped with a mythic eye-catching Medusa head, which will run simultaneously to deliver continuous thrills and screams.

The renovated, first-of-its-kind roller coaster is set to debut in summer 2014. Are you ready to take on the rip-roaring Medusa Steel Coaster?
Thanks given by:  Nicole, Zachary
08/29/13 at 11:50pm in Medusa Steel Coaster
Mexico, known for resort beaches, drug cartels, immigrants, pollution, and a world class roller coaster.
Thanks given by:  Nicole, MrLaptop
11/05/13 at 02:46pm in Medusa Steel Coaster
Algunas fotos de la construcción de "Medusa Steel" de montanarusa.com
Some construction pics of Medusa Steel courtesy of Montanarusa.com

Thanks given by:  b.mac
11/05/13 at 03:16pm in Medusa Steel Coaster
OK. So, I am going to expose my ignorance here. Can someone operationalize this statement for me?

"...will combine the classic thrills of a wooden structure, with a new modern track and rails constructed out of steel..."

I love both woodies and steel coasters, but I'm not sure I understand how you get a wooden coaster experience with a steel track. It looks as if they are just mounting a steel coaster on a wooden frame. I can see the visual appeal, but not the physical experiential advantage. What am I missing?

"Wit has some truth in it; wisecracking is simply calisthenics with words." -- Dorothy Parker
11/05/13 at 03:28pm in Medusa Steel Coaster (Latest Edit: 11/05/13 at 09:15pm by Evan.)
While I can't speak from any experience, but I imagine that even though this still has steel rails it still has the wooden coaster sway in the structure and the "danger" that is involved in that. But instead of it being bumpy/ jerky throughout the ride, it's smooth and provides a better rider's experience. But in the end, it's just a marketing ploy.

Coaster Count: 115

"The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing." ~ Walt Disney
Thanks given by:  Nicole, Joe, netdvn
11/05/13 at 07:49pm in Medusa Steel Coaster
In the end, all three of these SixFlags conversations have been reclassified by RCDB as Steel Hybrid coasters. The parks just like to call them Woodies.

Waking up fresh every mornin'; Openin' up for you; Waitin' for your laughter; With so much new to do! Busch—Gardens! Busch—Gardens! Come to Busch Gardens and come to life! Come to Busch Gardens and come—to life!
Contact Me: Private Message | Email | Twitter | Coaster Count
04/30/14 at 05:44am in Medusa Steel Coaster
From RMC's Facebook...

Thanks given by:  Zachary, Evan, b.mac, netdvn, Shane
05/01/14 at 12:04am in Medusa Steel Coaster
Glorious.

Waking up fresh every mornin'; Openin' up for you; Waitin' for your laughter; With so much new to do! Busch—Gardens! Busch—Gardens! Come to Busch Gardens and come to life! Come to Busch Gardens and come—to life!
Thanks given by:  MrLaptop
05/07/14 at 01:26am in Medusa Steel Coaster
Los trenes llegaron!  

The Medusa Steel trains are now on site.

http://www.montanarusa.com/forum/index.p...l#msg56822

Thanks given by:  Connor, Lee, Zachary, MrLaptop
05/07/14 at 10:31pm in Medusa Steel Coaster
ImageImage
Thanks given by:  Shane, Zachary, netdvn, Connor, Unagi
05/07/14 at 11:20pm in Medusa Steel Coaster
They look great!

05/07/14 at 11:55pm in Medusa Steel Coaster
Just saw the trains. Man those are small cars.

BGW Rec is BACK!
http://forum.parkfans.net/thread-3109-po...#pid113411
05/08/14 at 01:22pm in Medusa Steel Coaster
They're roomier than a Premier train, I can give them that.
05/08/14 at 06:16pm in Medusa Steel Coaster
They look identical to the Outlaw Run Trains to me. I assume they have Polyurethane wheels instead of Steel Wheels like Outlaw Run though, can't tell in any of the pictures.

Thanks given by:  Zachary
05/08/14 at 06:30pm in Medusa Steel Coaster
They are identical bar the thematic elements. Which I forgot to mention are actually a step up compared to Six Flags trains of old.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Contact Us | ParkFans Network | Return to Top | Lite (Archive) Mode | RSS Syndication | |