ParkFans Logo

Busch Gardens Quality Control Team

08/25/13 at 12:11am in Busch Gardens Quality Control Team (Latest Edit: 11/25/13 at 03:49pm by Shane.)
I figured the forum here consists of people who really care about the park and how it looks to the General Public. We are the fan base that visits so often, we can recite ride spiels by heart and still refer to the areas of of the park by their Hamlet name and not the country. We are in essence, "The Quality Control Team."

Therefore, we notice the things that look neglected and forgotten. This thread will serve as a place to share the needed repairs of the park. Please keep the thread helpful and polite. Hopefully, this will help the park see what "we" see.

Thanks.

To start off here are a few of my issues that I saw this past week:

1) Darkastle needs some TLC. The shield speakers look really sad with missing letters. The Wolves need to be repainted with their original bronze patina look. The light on the statue inside the hedges need to be replaced, and the hedges trimmed in the queue.

2) Clock needs to be fixed in Rhinefeld. This is a SERIOUS issue and one many people notice. Not just us fans. It breaks my heart to see it frozen and in disrepair.

3) Mural needs to be repainted in Rhinefeld. One too many sunny days has caused this lovely image to fade.

4) Sign in New France. Possibly the worst direction sign I have seen. The letters are faded. Please someone replace this.

BGW: Have a great day at Busch Gardens, The Old Country! KD: Ride on!
Thanks given by:  Party Rocker, Zachary, chickenking, BGW Family, Joe, CastleOSullivan, Kitty, Sky, Hoopla, Alf33, Planeteer, gazisghost, Owls R A Hoot, Merboy, CoolDrMoney, Mad Ludwig, Eric
08/25/13 at 12:25am in Busch Gardens Quality Control Team (Latest Edit: 08/25/13 at 12:30am by Zachary.)
First off, as Nora alluded to, try to keep this thread on the topic of the condition of things that are currently inside the park- preferably providing pictures. Treat this sorta like the Minor Changes thread.

So on Thursday, I was super enthused to see the Abbey Stone Theatre again for the first time in months without the Killarney Kommotion scaffolding. Imagine my disgust when I saw this:

At first glance things look reasonable enough...

But then you take a closer look...

And you start noticing the busted up exterior...

The empty screws and hooks...

And the less than stellar condition of the tree.

Fix it Busch Gardens.

Find Me: Twitter | Facebook | Google+
Contact Me: Private Message | Email

Our biggest foe is our inclination towards complacency and willingness to settle for mediocrity.
Thanks given by:  Applesauce, chickenking, Luke, Peter R., CastleOSullivan, Kitty, Planeteer, gazisghost, Owls R A Hoot, CoolDrMoney
08/25/13 at 12:32am in Busch Gardens Quality Control Team
Something that is important to note here is that when the park is closed it gets dangerous. People fly by speeding in golf carts and trucks all around the park as if they had no sense in driving slow especially aorund some of those tight bends.

By park policy all damages, such as if you brake a fence, chip or scratch the paint on a wall or the wall itself all needs to be reported to security. However Entertainment is very well infamous for damaging things and not reporting them. Thus, no work being reported means nothing ever gets fixed!
Thanks given by:  SDG, Merboy
08/25/13 at 12:36am in Busch Gardens Quality Control Team (Latest Edit: 08/25/13 at 12:41am by Nora.)
My latest visit to Trappers left me very disappointed. The quality of the brisket is really slipping and the desert portions look to be cut in half.

I had to ask for a better plate of brisket and I noticed that the meals were almost being made to order causing the line to move extremely slow.

I do not want to get anyone in trouble here. The staff are doing the best they can and the supervisor there was extremely helpful. I would like to show what I experienced so that this is fixed.

Photo #1 & 2: Brisket. Very little beef - mostly fat and gristle. The first plate I was handed was worse. When I asked for better cuts of meat, this was all the girl had to give me. The first photo was my whole meal for $12.99 the close up is of how much of one slice was just fat.

Photo #3: The desserts. I cannot eat the desserts due to a food allergy; however the cakes were sparse, the counter was dirty, and the cake sizes are way smaller than they used to be with no difference in price.

#4) Kids meals are being served in Water Country USA baskets. Why? I heard one guest say to their spouse as they picked up the kids meal for their child.. "Water Country? That's weird"

I know there are budget cuts.. I know the pennies are being pinched... but please fix this. Trappers is another reason why Busch Gardens is so loved.

Thanks given by:  Party Rocker, Zachary, chickenking, Luke, Joe, Alf33, Planeteer, gazisghost, Kitty, K8Meeder
08/25/13 at 12:58am in Busch Gardens Quality Control Team (Latest Edit: 08/25/13 at 01:04am by chickenking.)
The shrubbery in general seems to be neglected. There are areas that still look great, but as BGW Family has been showing, the park is becoming WILD. What makes you think they are gonna lose sleep over fake shrubbery? Tongue

BTW Nora, Amy and I have seen those WCUSA replacements ALL summer. She definitely prefers the wolf cub. So cute.

"As king, you must find the good in any situation."
Thanks given by:  Party Rocker, Planeteer, gazisghost
08/25/13 at 01:11am in Busch Gardens Quality Control Team
Speaking of overgrown shrubbery, just pulled this one off my other SD card that I last used about two weeks ago:

Believe it or not, Da Vinci's Cradle does have a sign- you just have to cut your way through a jungle to see it.

Our biggest foe is our inclination towards complacency and willingness to settle for mediocrity.
Thanks given by:  chickenking, Party Rocker, Luke, Joe, CastleOSullivan, Kitty, Alf33, Applesauce, Planeteer, gazisghost
08/25/13 at 01:12am in Busch Gardens Quality Control Team
According to the info sign in the England lot, that ride has been down for two weeks.

Thanks given by:  Zachary, Planeteer
08/25/13 at 01:22am in Busch Gardens Quality Control Team
It's 2008 all over again... most people don't remember the fact that there was one season where Davinci's was closed almost all year long. Of course, then it returned in its neutered state.

Google+ | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter
Thanks given by:  Zachary, gazisghost, The Tomato
08/25/13 at 01:23am in Busch Gardens Quality Control Team
(08/25/13 12:25am)Zachary Wrote:  First off, as Nora alluded to, try to keep this thread on the topic of the condition of things that are currently inside the park- preferably providing pictures. Treat this sorta like the Minor Changes thread.

So on Thursday, I was super enthused to see the Abbey Stone Theatre again for the first time in months without the Killarney Kommotion scaffolding. Imagine my disgust when I saw this:

At first glance things look reasonable enough...

But then you take a closer look...

And you start noticing the busted up exterior...

The empty screws and hooks...

Fix it Busch Gardens.

And please put the other banner for the left side back up. Noticed it today.

Wisdom from a mug ~ In the time before airlines & electricity, the countries of medieval Europe developed distinctive styles architecture suited to their regions. Traditions & culture grew separately as well. The diverse heritage of many Americans is celebrated here in Busch Gardens at Williamsburg.
Thanks given by:  Zachary, Nora, Planeteer
08/25/13 at 01:23am in Busch Gardens Quality Control Team (Latest Edit: 08/25/13 at 01:25am by chickenking.)
^
Sooooooo it is actually down now? All I know is that for Quality Control, that sign tends to have incorrect info all of the time. The closed rides area is awful.

08/25/13 at 01:29am in Busch Gardens Quality Control Team (Latest Edit: 08/25/13 at 01:42am by Zachary.)
This is slowly becoming most people's reactions to going to BGW.

Thanks given by:  Party Rocker, Zachary, Luke, Nora, BGW Family, chickenking, Joe, CastleOSullivan, Kitty, Hoopla, Alf33, gazisghost, Owls R A Hoot, Youhow2, Matthew, Evan, Mad Ludwig, The Tomato
08/25/13 at 01:34am in Busch Gardens Quality Control Team (Latest Edit: 08/25/13 at 01:38am by BGW Family.)
From the DarKastle thread:

(08/24/13 11:49pm)BGW Family Wrote:  Aaaannnnnd.....it's down. First thing in the morning. Nothing else to do but take photos.

Presenting the negelected shubbery.

http://forum.parkfans.net/attachment.php?aid=4871

After I'm done trimming here, I'm heading over to help Kitty fix the steps. Can someone coming to the CF meet-up bring me a ladder? Might as well work on the clock while I'm there.

I'll get Kitty to move her stone issue over here, too.

Wisdom from a mug ~ In the time before airlines & electricity, the countries of medieval Europe developed distinctive styles architecture suited to their regions. Traditions & culture grew separately as well. The diverse heritage of many Americans is celebrated here in Busch Gardens at Williamsburg.
Thanks given by:  Nora, Zachary, Planeteer
08/25/13 at 01:36am in Busch Gardens Quality Control Team
I'll bring some paint and brushes.

Thanks given by:  Party Rocker, Zachary, Kitty, Planeteer
08/25/13 at 01:39am in Busch Gardens Quality Control Team (Latest Edit: 08/25/13 at 01:40am by Zachary.)
Alpenghost. You've just won the 2013 "Post of the Year" award. That is all.

Thanks given by:  Luke, Party Rocker, BGW Family, Kitty, Planeteer
08/25/13 at 01:41am in Busch Gardens Quality Control Team (Latest Edit: 08/25/13 at 01:42am by Thomas.)
Does that involve a new Badge?

Thanks given by:  Zachary, Party Rocker

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Contact Us | ParkFans Network | Return to Top | Lite (Archive) Mode | RSS Syndication | |