ParkFans Logo

Project 2014: Banshee

08/08/13 at 10:04pm in Project 2014: Banshee (Latest Edit: 04/11/14 at 05:03pm by Zachary.)

Banshee it is. Worlds longest Inverted coaster at 4124-ft and beats Alpengeist in speed by one mile more per hour!

https://www.visitkingsisland.com/banshee

I love the teaser video and how it shows the destruction of Son of Beast!

YouTube Link

YouTube Link

POV

YouTube Link

Birdseye

YouTube Link

Offride

YouTube Link

POV Night

YouTube Link

Trains
Thanks given by:  b.mac, Zachary, Evan, Joe, Julia
08/08/13 at 10:44pm in Project 2014: Banshee
I absolutely love it. The name, the theme, the colors, the trains, the layout, everything. Seriously, two dive loops on one ride is basically my dream come true.

Find Me: Twitter | Facebook | Google+
Contact Me: Private Message | Email

Our biggest foe is our inclination towards complacency and willingness to settle for mediocrity.
Thanks given by:  Unagi, Joe, Planeteer, Youhow2
08/08/13 at 10:47pm in Project 2014: Banshee
Yeah I'm really digging it too!

I'll probably do a Midwest trip next year to include Holiday World, Kings Island and maybe another park in that area.

KI has a winner with this one!
08/08/13 at 10:53pm in Project 2014: Banshee (Latest Edit: 08/08/13 at 10:54pm by b.mac.)
They should offer those trains for every park with an invert, that'd be absolutely lovely.

Now the layout is kinda meh, I don't really know what to say about it other than that it's nothing terribly exciting. I mean sure it's the first invert with a lift hill through the loop, but it's basically just a bit of Alpengeist (immelmann and loop), batman (2 loops, zero-g roll), and Montu (Batwing). B&M really hasn't stretched their horizons lately outside of the wing coasters, I mean since the flyer debuted all they've managed was an ampersand hammerhead and a 1.5x G-roll. It would've been nice to see B&M try and push themselves with this ride but beyond the Batmen and Nemesis, none of the inverts have really been knock your socks off intense.
08/08/13 at 11:10pm in Project 2014: Banshee
(08/08/13 10:53pm)b.mac Wrote:  Now the layout is kinda meh, I don't really know what to say about it other than that it's nothing terribly exciting. I mean sure it's the first invert with a lift hill through the loop, but it's basically just a bit of Alpengeist (immelmann and loop), batman (2 loops, zero-g roll), and Montu (Batwing).

Banshee looks better than both Alp and Montu especially since there is no mid-course brake run to kill the speed and pacing.

Quote:B&M really hasn't stretched their horizons lately outside of the wing coasters, I mean since the flyer debuted all they've managed was an ampersand hammerhead and a 1.5x G-roll. It would've been nice to see B&M try and push themselves with this ride but beyond the Batmen and Nemesis, none of the inverts have really been knock your socks off intense.

Fire Dragon at IOA and Katun at Mirabilandia say "Hello!"
Thanks given by:  Zachary, Joe
08/08/13 at 11:14pm in Project 2014: Banshee (Latest Edit: 08/08/13 at 11:14pm by Zachary.)
I just realize why I love Banshee's layout so much: They left out my least favorite inversions. A B&M invert without a cobra roll or a corkscrew? Heart

Our biggest foe is our inclination towards complacency and willingness to settle for mediocrity.
Thanks given by:  Unagi, pandorazboxx
08/08/13 at 11:19pm in Project 2014: Banshee
Another thing to note that is stated in the press release...

Quote:Two of the most unique features about Banshee are the massive size of every loop, and unlike other roller coasters, the top speed isn’t reached until halfway through the ride’s course.

Since Banshee’s lift hill is on a higher elevation of terrain than the other side of the ride that goes down into a valley, the total elevation change is 208 feet from the highest point at the top of the lift hill to the lowest point, which is the bottom of the batwing between loops four and five.

To my knowledge, no other B&M reaches max velocity at the midpoint of the ride. The pacing for this coaster is gonna be sick!
Thanks given by:  Zachary, Joe, Youhow2, ZJhauler
08/09/13 at 09:12am in Project 2014: Banshee
(08/08/13 11:14pm)Zachary Wrote:  I just realize why I love Banshee's layout so much: They left out my least favorite inversions. A B&M invert without a cobra roll or a corkscrew? Heart

Maybe it's called something else but what's the element at 1:36 in the first POV video?

Yes, horror, fright, gore! We need more EVIL!
08/09/13 at 10:13am in Project 2014: Banshee (Latest Edit: 08/09/13 at 10:29am by Zachary.)
It's an inline twist. Again, looks amazing.

If B&M can pull some Alpengeist-level force out of this thing, this has the potential being a top three coaster for me.

08/09/13 at 12:10pm in Project 2014: Banshee
Unagi, Nemesis is the only other B&M that does it. Interesting that they're both inverts...

That lift hill looks completely weird in the videos, like it's 20 degrees steeper than it's supposed to be.
08/09/13 at 01:29pm in Project 2014: Banshee
(08/09/13 12:10pm)b.mac Wrote:  Unagi, Nemesis is the only other B&M that does it. Interesting that they're both inverts...

The thing with Nemesis though is that it doesn't have a big first drop like most coasters. This is due to Alton Towers' strict height restriction. I've been on it and the ride does just seem to keep getting faster and faster as it goes through its course. Heck, after the helix it seems like one big blur as it is that intense. I should've been more clear stating that I didn't know of any other B&M coaster with a big first drop that is going faster at its midpoint.

Quote:That lift hill looks completely weird in the videos, like it's 20 degrees steeper than it's supposed to be.

It looks like B&M is going with steeper lifts on many of their newer coasters. Banshee's lift looks about the same as Oziris at Parc Asterix.
08/10/13 at 02:53pm in Project 2014: Banshee
Thank GOD for no cobra roll. A cobra roll is my least favorite inversion.

I'm LOVING those trains. I LOVE the purple. I WANT TO HAVE SEX WITH THAT BATWING.

coastercounter.com/cartergee
@CarterGee
Thanks given by:  b.mac, Zachary, Shane, Julia
08/11/13 at 03:50pm in Project 2014: Banshee
This will be worth making a trip to KI.

Waking up fresh every mornin'; Openin' up for you; Waitin' for your laughter; With so much new to do! Busch—Gardens! Busch—Gardens! Come to Busch Gardens and come to life! Come to Busch Gardens and come—to life!
Contact Me: Private Message | Email | Twitter | Coaster Count
02/05/14 at 06:50pm in Project 2014: Banshee

Coaster Count: 115

"The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing." ~ Walt Disney
Thanks given by:  Zachary, Hoopla
03/15/14 at 12:53pm in Project 2014: Banshee (Latest Edit: 03/15/14 at 12:55pm by Evan.)

First test run!

Live Webcam

Coaster Count: 115

"The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing." ~ Walt Disney
Thanks given by:  Joe, Connor

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Contact Us | ParkFans Network | Return to Top | Lite (Archive) Mode | RSS Syndication | |