ParkFans Logo

Annie’s Café

08/02/13 at 01:35pm in Annie’s Café (Latest Edit: 11/26/13 at 09:57pm by Shane.)
Wiki page coming soon...

Find Me: Twitter | Facebook | Google+
Contact Me: Private Message | Email

Our biggest foe is our inclination towards complacency and willingness to settle for mediocrity.
07/11/14 at 10:55pm in Annie’s Café
Annie's Cafe is apparently closed until Howl-O-Scream.  Not sure if the chocolate wolves sculpture of DarKastle is still in there.

"As king, you must find the good in any situation."
Thanks given by:  Zachary, Joe, Hoopla, Glissade
07/11/14 at 11:56pm in Annie’s Café
So, we can't even go in there and sit and eat or whatever?

"Wit has some truth in it; wisecracking is simply calisthenics with words." -- Dorothy Parker
07/12/14 at 12:11am in Annie’s Café
These cuts stink. I'd rather have EITA not open again.
Thanks given by:  Zachary, pcblueeagle, Applesauce, Pretzel Kaiser, MAZ, GeoUSA, jruscoe1
07/12/14 at 06:26am in Annie’s Café (Latest Edit: 07/12/14 at 12:57pm by Pretzel Kaiser.)
They're getting rid of all the quite places to sit and relax inside. Now if guests want to be cool, their options are to watch a show or ride EitA, how *MOD EDIT* sinister is that?
Thanks given by:  Nicole, Hoopla
07/12/14 at 10:13am in Annie’s Café
I'm assuming these budget cuts are corporate-ordered, and not some sinister plot to gain better show attendance. Didn't BGT go through the same thing a while back? Considering I've never set foot in Annie's or Festhaus Kaffe or ordered from the Smokehouse Show Grill, it seems like they're cutting whatever will be missed the least (a highly relative term). It stinks, especially since there won't be that distinct smell of barbecue in Trapper's Village anymore, but I'm sure the park was reluctant to close these places too.
07/12/14 at 11:23am in Annie’s Café
The parks make these decisions, not corporate.

Find Me: Twitter | Facebook | Google+
Contact Me: Private Message | Email

Our biggest foe is our inclination towards complacency and willingness to settle for mediocrity.
Thanks given by:  Joe, Party Rocker
07/12/14 at 12:14pm in Annie’s Café
Also note, the snack stand just outside the park by the welcome center has been closed down. The register and refrigerator was removed from the stand. I assume it is a part of the cuts.
Thanks given by:  Zachary, Joe, Peter R.
07/12/14 at 02:43pm in Annie’s Café
That is sad as well..but not surprising. Union Snack can handle those looking for a last minute food purchase.

Celebrate 40 Year! Busch Gardens Williamsburg 1975-2015.

Check Out My I Miss The Drachen Fire Fanpage
07/12/14 at 03:13pm in Annie’s Café (Latest Edit: 07/13/14 at 06:57pm by Joe.)
...that's true, but it makes me wonder why they needed to build a new snack facility only to close a existing one.
Thanks given by:  MAZ
07/12/14 at 06:43pm in Annie’s Café (Latest Edit: 07/12/14 at 08:08pm by Nicole.)
Wonder what other boneheaded moves this non-caring ownership will make next. We used both Annies and the Kaffe on almost every trip to the park, which is about 40 trips a year. It is time for passholders to start making a strong statement about the cuts.
Thanks given by:  Ambz, The Tomato
07/13/14 at 08:41pm in Annie’s Café (Latest Edit: 07/13/14 at 08:46pm by Nicole.)
Might have gotten away with one today. We got our lunch at Grogans; took it over to the pub so as not to eat in the heat; and what did we see, the door to Annies open. We went in there; sat down; started eating; then someone came in and shut the door before seeing us in there. They said the door was open by mistake, but we could stay in there finish our meal, but be sure and take the trash back into the pub to dispose of. I already miss Annies. Oh well.
Thanks given by:  The Tomato
07/22/14 at 08:58am in Annie’s Café
We were at the park this weekend and asked a cast member about Annie's closure, she said it was a direct result of London Rocks going way over budget. Not sure how true this is but wouldn't be surprising.
Thanks given by:  Nicole, Hoopla, Pretzel Kaiser, Joe, Zimmy, pcblueeagle, Jonquil
07/22/14 at 10:33am in Annie’s Café (Latest Edit: 07/22/14 at 11:48am by Nicole.)
This would not surprise me. I expect that when selling LR the production team used an unrealistic increase in attendance SWAG. I do not know if attendance is up or down this year, and if it is down is it down less than it would have been without LR. I expect the marketing bunnies are working those numbers and in the end will massage out the data. Regardless, I expect that they will not be able to correlate any change in attendance to LR and as such will not be able to properly amortize the cost of the show. This is really not surprising: most theater is a losing proposition.

The real question is, if I am correct, what other proposed projects pegged their cost schedules against LR numbers. I expect at least some did. If for no other reason that is the kind of affirmation Entertainment would need to justify their numbers. I bet in outside agreements projects agreed to peg against LR numbers in return for Entertainments support.

This is all supposition and should only be taken as such. But I have seen larger extrapolations with less data.

Numquam ponenda est pluralitas sine necessitate! - William of Occam
I'm serious now, who here wants my job? - NASA Director James Webb
Thanks given by:  Nicole
07/22/14 at 06:55pm in Annie’s Café (Latest Edit: 07/22/14 at 07:12pm by Nicole.)
Why should a show, if it is a hit or not, effect other parts of the park? I can see how London Rocks could very easily go over budget, but then again I have seen the show 20 or more times and the majority of them have had a full house or not far from it. Man, if this park could get some ownership that cared more about the park and not the stockholders... I miss the Kaffe house bad!

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Contact Us | ParkFans Network | Return to Top | Lite (Archive) Mode | RSS Syndication | |