ParkFans Logo

Ristorante della Piazza

08/02/13 at 01:15pm in Ristorante della Piazza (Latest Edit: 04/01/16 at 03:00am by Zachary.)
[wiki]index.php/Ristorante_della_Piazza[/wiki]

Find Me: Twitter | Facebook | Google+
Contact Me: Private Message | Email

Our biggest foe is our inclination towards complacency and willingness to settle for mediocrity.
08/07/14 at 09:46pm in Ristorante della Piazza
The sauce is too sweet and overcooked does not begin to describe the pasta.

Bad Italian food, or the WORST Italian food? Discuss

Numquam ponenda est pluralitas sine necessitate! - William of Occam
I'm serious now, who here wants my job? - NASA Director James Webb
Thanks given by:  Jonquil
08/07/14 at 09:53pm in Ristorante della Piazza
I always go for the Mama Stella when I eat there. Now that is a good meal.

Check Out My I Miss The Drachen Fire Fanpage
Thanks given by:  chickenking
08/07/14 at 10:01pm in Ristorante della Piazza
I've had a lot worse Italian food. It's not the best, but I think it's okay, and I eat there occasionally. Better than La Cucina.
08/07/14 at 10:11pm in Ristorante della Piazza
I just don't eat there. It is safer that way. Also less risk of my sister force feeding me pasta.

08/08/14 at 10:39am in Ristorante della Piazza
I love their Chicken Parm!

08/08/14 at 10:40am in Ristorante della Piazza (Latest Edit: 08/08/14 at 10:41am by Nicole.)
Sorry, but the pasta in the park is universally awful.

"Wit has some truth in it; wisecracking is simply calisthenics with words." -- Dorothy Parker
Thanks given by:  Username, Zimmy, Unagi, jruscoe1
08/08/14 at 10:17pm in Ristorante della Piazza
I usually just stop in there for the chicken cutlet salad. It's too hot to eat pasta outside!
08/08/14 at 10:24pm in Ristorante della Piazza
The idea of eating a big pasta meal on a hot summer afternoon and then walking around hilly terrain and riding roller coasters does not appeal.
Thanks given by:  Imaginique, Nicole, MrLaptop, Zimmy
08/09/14 at 01:22am in Ristorante della Piazza
I find it best to move on and go to New France

10/19/15 at 11:38am in Ristorante della Piazza
We tried lunch here on Friday. Wife had the cannolli sampler and it was surprisingly decent. I had the chicken parm and aside from it being basically breaded chicken with cheese on top, nothing special. The pasta is over cooked. The sauce is okay. Mine was a bit cold, I guess from sitting under the lamps too long. By the time we sat down it was luke warm at best. Wife's meal was piping hot. It's definitely overpriced, but what can you do?
10/19/15 at 12:08pm in Ristorante della Piazza
(10/19/15 11:38am)strycker Wrote:  It's definitely overpriced, but what can you do?

Eat at Trappers instead?

"Wit has some truth in it; wisecracking is simply calisthenics with words." -- Dorothy Parker
Thanks given by:  Zimmy, strycker
01/14/16 at 10:36pm in Ristorante della Piazza (Latest Edit: 01/14/16 at 10:37pm by VirginiaGirl.)
I'm surprised so many of us don't like the Ristorante della Piazza -- my favorite meal at Christmas Town has always been their "Italian sampler" (IIRC), and I'll even happily eat it outdoors in late Dec./early Jan. (watching a great show, but still).  Incidentally, I also find overcooked pasta really disgusting but have never really noticed that RdP's was overcooked -- maybe just because their marinara sauce is so yummy that I've always focused on it.  I find that RdP's marinara has a bit of a Rao's thing going on, if any of you are fans of that fabulous marinara sauce.  

Oh, one last thing -- if any of you, like me, are a fan of the marinara at the Ristorante della Piazza, you'll also find it in the pizza cones at the "donut bites" (I think I have that right...) place near the log flume ride.  (It's probably also available as a pasta topping at Dasher's Diner, though I've never tried it there.)  Incidentally, the taco cones from the "donut bites" stand were also surprisingly good.  Who'd've thought?
Thanks given by:  Luke, Joe, Alf33, Sky
01/14/16 at 11:45pm in Ristorante della Piazza
(01/14/16 10:36pm)VirginiaGirl Wrote:  I'm surprised so many of us don't like the Ristorante della Piazza -- my favorite meal at Christmas Town has always been their "Italian sampler" (IIRC), and I'll even happily eat it outdoors in late Dec./early Jan. (watching a great show, but still).  Incidentally, I also find overcooked pasta really disgusting but have never really noticed that RdP's was overcooked -- maybe just because their marinara sauce is so yummy that I've always focused on it.  I find that RdP's marinara has a bit of a Rao's thing going on, if any of you are fans of that fabulous marinara sauce.  

Oh, one last thing -- if any of you, like me, are a fan of the marinara at the Ristorante della Piazza, you'll also find it in the pizza cones at the "donut bites" (I think I have that right...) place near the log flume ride.  (It's probably also available as a pasta topping at Dasher's Diner, though I've never tried it there.)  Incidentally, the taco cones from the "donut bites" stand were also surprisingly good.  Who'd've thought?
Welcome to the forums VirginiaGirl! I love eating at Ristorante della Piazza too!! Looking forward to the new offerings at Marco Polo.
Thanks given by:  VirginiaGirl, Joe, Alf33
01/15/16 at 12:52pm in Ristorante della Piazza
(01/14/16 11:45pm)Luke Wrote:  Welcome to the forums VirginiaGirl! I love eating at Ristorante della Piazza too!! Looking forward to the new offerings at Marco Polo.
Thanks so much for the welcome! Grinning  Can't believe I forgot to mention how disappointed I was that Ristorante della Piazza, the source of my favorite meal at the park, was closed during Christmas Town '15. Frowning  However, it's become apparent to me after reading quite a few posts in the 'Eateries' sections of this forum that RdP was not well-loved by all!  Curious to see what they'll do with the new place. Smiling
Thanks given by:  MAZ, Luke, Joe

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Contact Us | ParkFans Network | Return to Top | Lite (Archive) Mode | RSS Syndication | |