ParkFans Logo

Grogan’s Pub

08/02/13 at 12:49pm in Grogan’s Pub (Latest Edit: 11/26/13 at 10:42pm by Shane.)
[wiki]index.php/Grogan%27s_Pub[/wiki]

Find Me: Twitter | Facebook | Google+
Contact Me: Private Message | Email

Our biggest foe is our inclination towards complacency and willingness to settle for mediocrity.
07/11/14 at 10:59pm in Grogan’s Pub
Since Annie's Cafe has closed for the rest of the main season, the Pub is now serving some of the coffee-type drinks.

"As king, you must find the good in any situation."
Thanks given by:  Zachary, Joe
07/25/14 at 09:52am in Grogan’s Pub
That's good to hear! I imagine that they moved some of the equipment from Annie's up to the bar? I can't see them making the drinks in the back and bringing them up front.

Waking up fresh every mornin'; Openin' up for you; Waitin' for your laughter; With so much new to do! Busch—Gardens! Busch—Gardens! Come to Busch Gardens and come to life! Come to Busch Gardens and come—to life!
Contact Me: Private Message | Email | Twitter | Coaster Count
08/03/14 at 01:00am in Grogan’s Pub
(07/11/14 10:59pm)chickenking Wrote:  Since Annie's Cafe has closed for the rest of the main season, the Pub is now serving some of the coffee-type drinks.
Why did Annie's close?

Most trees are blue
08/03/14 at 01:20am in Grogan’s Pub
Budget cuts in culinary.
Thanks given by:  Zachary
08/03/14 at 02:00am in Grogan’s Pub
there was a need for glitter, tinsel, and dollar store props STAT! They really had no other choice. It was that or shut down Alpie.

Numquam ponenda est pluralitas sine necessitate! - William of Occam
I'm serious now, who here wants my job? - NASA Director James Webb
08/16/14 at 02:19pm in Grogan’s Pub
Fire alarm just went off. Pub closed for a while.

08/08/15 at 01:16am in Grogan’s Pub
Just out of curiosity. When did the pub start showing regular TV channels inside? Went in today and found ESPN on.
08/08/15 at 06:54am in Grogan’s Pub
Guess they can't show videos of Scott anymore?

"Wit has some truth in it; wisecracking is simply calisthenics with words." -- Dorothy Parker
Thanks given by:  John
08/17/15 at 11:51am in Grogan’s Pub
my husband loves the Ireland section of the park and this is always a favorite spot of his to stop and get a drink. Love it Smiling

"Its as much fun to scare as it is to be scared."--Vincent Price..

Sammi
09/02/15 at 09:28pm in Grogan’s Pub
No Scott? Ho will I ever go on?

Numquam ponenda est pluralitas sine necessitate! - William of Occam
I'm serious now, who here wants my job? - NASA Director James Webb
04/03/17 at 11:53am in Grogan’s Pub (Latest Edit: 04/03/17 at 11:54am by jornor.)
"Annie Grogan's Irish Stout"

Looks like Alewerks and Busch Gardens teamed up for a very unique/cool beer collaboration at Grogan's/Annie's. According to Untappd it was first available on March 18th (preview day), so I'm guessing that was the first day it was ever available or introduced to the public.

https://untappd.com/b/alewerks-brewing-c...ut/2002457
Thanks given by:  Nicole, Zimmy, Pretzel Kaiser, Zachary, Thomas
04/03/17 at 05:31pm in Grogan’s Pub
Still no sweet tea vodka though? Frowning

The Lantern Light.com
01/01/18 at 05:16pm in Grogan’s Pub
I was talking with bartenders (I know, I know, never trust an employee) on Friday night and they mentioned that there will be some improvements and changes to the pub to tie in with Battle For Eire. they plan to expand the taps and offer more beer choices. There will also be some internal changes (cosmetic) changes to the interior.
Thanks given by:  Lord Robert, Pretzel Kaiser, Joe, Connor, horsesboy, CastleOSullivan, Flyer, jornor, Zachary, Alf33
01/02/18 at 12:08am in Grogan’s Pub
That sounds exciting, and I feel inclined to believe that. I hope they don't go overboard, though. Battle for Eire's theme is Ireland's "otherworld", whereas Grogan's Pub represents BGW's "real Ireland". If there is any crossover, it should be very subtle, in my opinion.

That said, Killarney takes a more unconventional and fanciful approach to what is real than most of the parks' villages. That fact has long been the topic of heated debate, as to whether or not they should use such storytelling in their countries represented. In Killarney, "magic" and "the luck of the Irish" can be found almost anywhere in the village. The more obvious examples are things like the enchanted tree and the pot of gold hidden in the fountain.

There were more subtle references at one time, like town notices from fictitious characters that existed in various shows and attractions throughout the village. One was written by Seamus; the villain of Secrets of Castle O'Sullivan, pertaining to something stolen by a mischevious leprechaun named Clancey.

One of these days, I want to create a thread about BGW lore, and how it's all connected. Ireland might be a great start for that, although my focus is mainly on Germany now. I just hope they don't ruin a good thing with Battle for Eire.

"Be careful what you wish for, be sure your wish is wise."
Thanks given by:  jornor, Zachary, Alf33, Joe, CaptainPrism, Lord Robert

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Contact Us | ParkFans Network | Return to Top | Lite (Archive) Mode | RSS Syndication | |