ParkFans Logo

Land of the Dragons (Germany)

08/02/13 at 02:59am in Land of the Dragons (Germany) (Latest Edit: 03/18/14 at 08:11pm by Zachary.)
Wiki page coming soon...

Find Me: Twitter | Facebook | Google+
Contact Me: Private Message | Email

Our biggest foe is our inclination towards complacency and willingness to settle for mediocrity.
09/23/13 at 07:27pm in Land of the Dragons (Germany) (Latest Edit: 09/23/13 at 07:39pm by chickenking.)
The dragon eggs have been removed for about two weeks now. Initially I though that the red dragon on Demon Street had hatched and that was why. But after checking more closely, the blue mommy dragon couldn't possibly be his mother. Anyway, I finally found someone who could tell me more about the missing eggs. She said that they were made of fiberglass and that a big section had cracked. Me being the [email protected]@$$ that I am said that "They're eggs. They are supposed to have cracks." She was mildly amused. What she meant was that the structure had cracked and they have been pulled out to be repaired. She implied that they wouldn't be back until next Spring. Now the mommy dragon gets to stare at a pile of mulch for the next six months or so. Frowning

So sad. Frowning

"As king, you must find the good in any situation."
Thanks given by:  Applesauce, AbbeyStone, Nora, Zachary, Party Rocker, Kitty, BGW Family, Planeteer, CastleOSullivan, Joe, Carter16, Julia
09/23/13 at 07:33pm in Land of the Dragons (Germany)
Well at least they'll be coming back. That's a good thing.
Thanks given by:  chickenking, Pretzel Kaiser, Nora, Party Rocker, Kitty, CastleOSullivan, Joe, Julia
09/23/13 at 08:01pm in Land of the Dragons (Germany)
Grinch: ...there's a light on this tree that won't light on one side. So I'm taking it home to my workshop, my dear. I'll fix it up there, then I'll bring it back here.

"Wit has some truth in it; wisecracking is simply calisthenics with words." -- Dorothy Parker
Thanks given by:  Zachary, Party Rocker, Haberdasher1973, Applesauce, Kitty, AbbeyStone, BGW Family, chickenking, Planeteer, CastleOSullivan, Joe, K8Meeder, Lee
09/23/13 at 08:14pm in Land of the Dragons (Germany)
(09/23/13 07:27pm)chickenking Wrote:  Now the mommy dragon gets to stare at a pile of mulch for the next six months or so.

There was a time when they would have at least given the mommy dragon a nice flower bed to admire...

"I am not bound to please thee with my answers." ~Shakespeare, The Merchant of Venice
Thanks given by:  Nicole, Zachary, chickenking, Applesauce, Kitty, AbbeyStone, Joe, K8Meeder
09/23/13 at 09:43pm in Land of the Dragons (Germany)
SWEET HALLELUJAH THEY ARE COMING BACK. That's all I need to know. My life is happy and complete again.

"You're better off over in that Frenchie town down the road, sippin' on their fancy cafe latte and eatin' their fancy pastries. But, if you're up for adventure, you've come to the right place!"
Thanks given by:  Pretzel Kaiser, chickenking, Applesauce, Zachary, BGW Family, Matthew, AbbeyStone
09/23/13 at 10:58pm in Land of the Dragons (Germany)
Who wants to take bets on whether or not the eggs will shoot confetti after renovations?

Google+ | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter
Thanks given by:  Kitty, BGW Family, Party Rocker, Hoopla, Joe, AbbeyStone
09/24/13 at 06:43am in Land of the Dragons (Germany)
^They will probably be playing Top 40 music loud enough to be heardfrom the parking lots! Tongue

Don't worry, I still love you Busch Gardens!
09/24/13 at 09:02am in Land of the Dragons (Germany)
My recollection several years ago in that section was of their playing really painful, high-pitched, children's choir covers of songs. It made my ears bleed. Top 40 would be better than that.

It is possible that I am confusing BGT LoD with BGW LoD, but I would swear they both had that "music" for a while.

"Wit has some truth in it; wisecracking is simply calisthenics with words." -- Dorothy Parker
09/24/13 at 09:10am in Land of the Dragons (Germany)
No, it was the music your taking about. Where pop would be better is debatable. I really don't think the kids care what music is played in the end, but pop doesn't fit the park at all.
Thanks given by:  Kitty, Haberdasher1973
09/24/13 at 09:13am in Land of the Dragons (Germany)
(09/24/13 09:10am)Pretzel Kaiser Wrote:  No, it was the music your taking about. Where pop would be better is debatable. I really don't think the kids care what music is played in the end, but pop doesn't fit the park at all.

The kids don't care, but the suffering adults walking by should.

Agree that Pop doesn't fit. I was just saying it is the lesser of evils.

Thanks given by:  Kitty
09/24/13 at 09:15am in Land of the Dragons (Germany)
I'd rather suffer through that kiddy music than pop to be honest. Tongue

I don't see why the park can't use instrumental fantastical music in this area though.
Thanks given by:  Nicole, CastleOSullivan, netdvn, Kitty
09/27/13 at 11:06pm in Land of the Dragons (Germany) (Latest Edit: 09/27/13 at 11:16pm by chickenking.)
Great news!! The mama dragon is soooooo happy!!

The EGGS are back!! Grinning
    LOTD looks great at night.
    Something strange is hatching.

Well, the so-called repairs didn't take long. I don't care. Just glad they are back. And so is my little one. So much fun. Cool

"As king, you must find the good in any situation."
Thanks given by:  Kitty, BGW Family, Applesauce, Nicole, AbbeyStone, Planeteer, Joe, Haberdasher1973, Julia, Jonquil
09/27/13 at 11:12pm in Land of the Dragons (Germany)
YAY!!!!!! So awesome, thank you for posting! And Amy is looking super cute in that mask!

"You're better off over in that Frenchie town down the road, sippin' on their fancy cafe latte and eatin' their fancy pastries. But, if you're up for adventure, you've come to the right place!"
Thanks given by:  chickenking
09/27/13 at 11:28pm in Land of the Dragons (Germany)
Hurray! I'm glad they're back. (And they look really shiny now. Fresh coat of paint I hope.)

Maybe we can start breathing in new life to this area.
Thanks given by:  Planeteer, Joe, Kitty, chickenking, Julia

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Contact Us | ParkFans Network | Return to Top | Lite (Archive) Mode | RSS Syndication | |