ParkFans Logo

Hastings (England)

08/02/13 at 01:10am in Hastings (England) (Latest Edit: 10/02/13 at 06:08pm by Shane.)
[wiki]index.php/Hastings_(England)[/wiki]

Find Me: Twitter | Facebook | Google+
Contact Me: Private Message | Email

Our biggest foe is our inclination towards complacency and willingness to settle for mediocrity.
Thanks given by:  Luke
08/27/13 at 11:47am in Hastings (England)
I miss the old days when the bridge leading into Hastings (now Ireland) was called the Brittany bridge.
It always made me feel special to have a bridge with my name. haha! Smiling
To this day we still refer to it as the Brittany bridge.

Please stand clear of the doors.
Por favor mantenganse alejado de las puertas.

After all this time?
Always
Thanks given by:  Hoopla, Zachary, Nicole, BGW Family, chickenking
09/06/13 at 01:36am in Hastings (England) (Latest Edit: 09/06/13 at 01:38am by Nora.)
Some asked about the shadow room in another post.. so I decided to move my info here:

Actually it was not part of the fun house at all and used the space that is currently the bathrooms to the left walking into Hastings/ Ireland. I call them the "Nice new- bathrooms. When the park opened in 1975 the building was called the Jester's Sport and changed to "The room of Recollections and Illusions" and featured a wall when you walked in the would show your body heat.. next to that was a shadow room where you pressed your body against a wall- about every 20-30 seconds a light would flash and leave a shadow of you on the wall and it faded by the time the next flash took place.

This later became Wizard Works around the time The Enchanted Laboratory replaced the catapult.

The FunHouse became the Arcade and then Questor- was wrapped around the building. Most of the Arcade building is now Grogan's Pub and you can still see a wall with tons of electrical boxes - we are guessing it was the prize table for the tickets you could cash in for prizes from skee ball and so forth.

Annies' Cafe was at one time a Music Recording studio but technically that whole building was part of what I called the 70s psychedelic fun house.

Actually it was not part of the fun house at all and used the space that is currently the bathrooms to the left walking into Hastings/ Ireland. I call them the "Nice new- bathrooms. When the park opened in 1975 the building was called the Jester's Sport and changed to "The room of Recollections and Illusions" and featured a wall when you walked in the would show your body heat.. next to that was a shadow room where you pressed your body against a wall- about every 20-30 seconds a light would flash and leave a shadow of you on the wall and it faded by the time the next flash took place.

This later became Wizard Works around the time The Enchanted Laboratory replaced the catapult.

The FunHouse became the Arcade and then Questor- was wrapped around the building. Most of the Arcade building is now Grogan's Pub and you can still see a wall with tons of electrical boxes - we are guessing it was the prize table for the tickets you could cash in for prizes from skee ball and so forth.

Annies' Cafe was at one time a Music Recording studio but technically that whole building was part of what I called the 70s psychedelic fun house.

Yay history! I have put together a collection of photos at BGW Memories FB page here: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=...348&type=3

BGW: Have a great day at Busch Gardens, The Old Country! KD: Ride on!
Thanks given by:  Party Rocker, Zachary, wannaplay1999, CastleOSullivan, Nicole, BGW Family, Kitty, Haberdasher1973, Ken
09/06/13 at 02:01am in Hastings (England)
I always wondered why there were so many metal plates on that one wall. Why would a prize table have so many electrical outlets? Were there machines you used to cash your tickets in that needed electrical output?
09/06/13 at 02:03am in Hastings (England)
(09/06/13 02:01am)Jesy Wrote:  I always wondered why there were so many metal plates on that one wall. Why would a prize table have so many electrical outlets? Were there machines you used to cash your tickets in that needed electrical output?

Look at today's Jumpin Jupiter Arcade in Festa. They use outlets for their prize lights, police beacons, plasma balls, the lights on the display cases, etc. That is actually a problem with the Jumpin Jupiter Arcade in Festa, they lack the proper outlets needed to power their display cases, so they use a million and one extension cords.
Thanks given by:  Jesy
09/06/13 at 02:05am in Hastings (England)
I'm guessing no, that they're too high for that...were there mechanical prizes that needed plugs to show what they could do? Or were there lights to illuminate them?
Thanks given by:  Nora
09/06/13 at 02:08am in Hastings (England)
Not sure about the ones back then, but the ones now like the police beacons and plasma lights needed to be plugged in to outlets to show guests it's fully operational and test it out. I know they also have track lighting around the prize counter, but that is typically plugged into the ceiling or is wired to a switch.
Thanks given by:  Jesy
09/06/13 at 03:50pm in Hastings (England)
It was to hook up prizes ~ the ones that lit up or things like lava lamps..etc.

BGW: Have a great day at Busch Gardens, The Old Country! KD: Ride on!
Thanks given by:  Haberdasher1973, Party Rocker, Zachary, Jesy
11/14/13 at 12:53pm in Hastings (England)
Isn't it funny how you never really took photos IN Hastings?
From Aeronaut in 1996.

Wisdom from a mug ~ In the time before airlines & electricity, the countries of medieval Europe developed distinctive styles architecture suited to their regions. Traditions & culture grew separately as well. The diverse heritage of many Americans is celebrated here in Busch Gardens at Williamsburg.
Thanks given by:  chickenking, Zachary, CastleOSullivan, Kitty
11/14/13 at 12:56pm in Hastings (England)
^
That image makes it look like the sky ride is right over the bridge or something. Winking

"As king, you must find the good in any situation."
11/14/13 at 01:08pm in Hastings (England)
^^Wow, that looked so gaudy and cheap. We complain about Festa, but WOW!
Thanks given by:  Nicole, chickenking
11/14/13 at 01:14pm in Hastings (England)
^
You're so bad. Winking

"As king, you must find the good in any situation."
11/14/13 at 01:15pm in Hastings (England)
Why, I am being honest. It looks like there should be carnies and a freak show in there
Thanks given by:  Nicole, chickenking
11/14/13 at 01:15pm in Hastings (England)
Yeah, it wasn't the best looking. It had some cool things in it though. Ireland was an improvement.
Thanks given by:  Planeteer, Joe
11/14/13 at 02:31pm in Hastings (England)
I wish Festa looked as good as Hastings...

Google+ | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter
Thanks given by:  Pretzel Kaiser, Joe, CastleOSullivan, Applesauce

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Contact Us | ParkFans Network | Return to Top | Lite (Archive) Mode | RSS Syndication | |