ParkFans Logo

San Marco (Italy)

08/02/13 at 01:04am in San Marco (Italy) (Latest Edit: 10/02/13 at 06:07pm by Shane.)
[wiki]index.php/San_Marco_(Italy)[/wiki]

Find Me: Twitter | Facebook | Google+
Contact Me: Private Message | Email

Our biggest foe is our inclination towards complacency and willingness to settle for mediocrity.
08/06/13 at 06:03pm in San Marco (Italy) (Latest Edit: 08/06/13 at 06:06pm by Zachary.)
The remarkably elusive San Marco Village Band will be performing their final three shows tomorrow in Il Teatro di San Marco at 12:30, 2:00, and 3:30. If you can make it, come out and experience one of the park's hidden gems and show your support for the park's newly rediscovered love of street performers!

Our biggest foe is our inclination towards complacency and willingness to settle for mediocrity.
Thanks given by:  Jesy, chickenking, Hoopla, Sky
08/07/13 at 04:39pm in San Marco (Italy) (Latest Edit: 08/07/13 at 04:40pm by Zachary.)
I was remarkably impressed with the show- even at its current length, I think it's both a considerably better show and a much better fit for the area when compared to Mix it Up. I would actually love to see the performance lengthened a bit, another musician or two added, and have it replace Mix it Up for next year completely. It's cheaper, it meshes with the hamlet and theater better, and, most importantly, it's a fantastic show- one that no one gets to see right now.

Anyway, yes, I filmed the first showing of the day today. Video will go up when it's done uploading and whatnot.

Thanks given by:  Sky, chickenking
08/07/13 at 06:25pm in San Marco (Italy)
Here it is- a recording of a full San Marco Ensemble performance! Enjoy!

YouTube Link

Thanks given by:  Hoopla, chickenking, Joe, BGW Family, Owls R A Hoot
08/07/13 at 06:39pm in San Marco (Italy)
They shouldn't put the band there, becuase no body can see them. If anything, people hear the band and think it is just background music playing. They should put them out on the "street" like the Aquatine Village Band, out in the open. However, there really is no area in Italy that you could put them in that wouldn't have bottlenecking problems. Frowning

Don't worry, I still love you Busch Gardens!
08/07/13 at 10:19pm in San Marco (Italy)
Though I do enjoy Mix It Up, I have to agree that this act would be a much more suitable fit given this theater and location. My daughter and I thoroughly enjoyed it. This was the first time I have seen the entire show. I missed Zachary & Nora by an hour or so; we caught the second show and appear to have sat in the same place for camera work. Smiling

There were only four in the group, and I could have sworn I have seen five in earlier pictures (violinist?). In any event, the lead singer can really belt it out with the vocals. And her dress is beautiful! Check out these pics:

"As king, you must find the good in any situation."
Thanks given by:  Zachary, Hoopla, BGW Family, Joe
08/08/13 at 10:46am in San Marco (Italy)
From what I understand, the regular violin player has left. Hence, the two different violinists we saw in KK Monday and Tuesday.
Thanks given by:  chickenking
08/08/13 at 11:41am in San Marco (Italy)
Yes, she left after something that recently took place inside the Entertainment department.

Thanks given by:  BGW Family, Joe, Party Rocker, Haberdasher1973
08/20/13 at 03:09pm in San Marco (Italy) (Latest Edit: 08/20/13 at 03:28pm by BGW Family.)
Ah, how it's changed.

(Sorry Zach.)
Thanks given by:  Joe, chickenking, Planeteer
08/22/13 at 03:12pm in San Marco (Italy)
Well the grape stomping photo op didn't last long.

Thanks given by:  Planeteer, BGW Family, chickenking, Luke
08/22/13 at 03:38pm in San Marco (Italy)
Looks like where the Pirate Barrrrgh is going Smiling

Yes, horror, fright, gore! We need more EVIL!
Thanks given by:  Zachary, Applesauce
09/03/13 at 05:55pm in San Marco (Italy)
Anyone have a current shot to compare? I don't recall if the wall scribbles or clock are still there. I do see some nicely trimmed potted shrubbery and a sign for "Italia" and "Starlight Orchestra".

Thanks given by:  Planeteer
09/03/13 at 07:57pm in San Marco (Italy)
I do know the scribbles are still there. I have a few shots of some chariots and whatnot closeup somewhere. I'll find them.

"As king, you must find the good in any situation."
Thanks given by:  Kitty, Planeteer
09/04/13 at 03:35pm in San Marco (Italy)
Now replaced with cheap, sequin masks.

Thanks given by:  Zachary, Joe, Kitty, chickenking
09/04/13 at 03:57pm in San Marco (Italy)
Ah, I forgot how beautiful they used to be. It was a real shame to see them go. Frowning
Thanks given by:  BGW Family, Joe, Haberdasher1973, Kitty, superfomi, Applesauce

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Contact Us | ParkFans Network | Return to Top | Lite (Archive) Mode | RSS Syndication | |