ParkFans Logo

Rhinefeld (Germany)

08/02/13 at 01:02am in Rhinefeld (Germany) (Latest Edit: 10/02/13 at 06:04pm by Shane.)
[wiki]index.php/Rhinefeld_(Germany)[/wiki]

Find Me: Twitter | Facebook | Google+
Contact Me: Private Message | Email

Our biggest foe is our inclination towards complacency and willingness to settle for mediocrity.
08/24/13 at 11:40pm in Rhinefeld (Germany)
Happened to see this loose brick turned inside out beneath the candy store. Do I have to start fixing things for them? :dodgy:

"Somebody show me some love!"

"You're better off over in that Frenchie town down the road, sippin' on their fancy cafe latte and eatin' their fancy pastries. But, if you're up for adventure, you've come to the right place!"
Thanks given by:  Zachary, Nora, chickenking, Party Rocker, Planeteer
08/25/13 at 12:52am in Rhinefeld (Germany)
...And with nails done and everything!! Smiling

"As king, you must find the good in any situation."
Thanks given by:  Party Rocker, Nicole, Kitty, Planeteer
09/01/13 at 01:58pm in Rhinefeld (Germany) (Latest Edit: 09/01/13 at 01:59pm by Zachary.)
Someone posted this to the BGW Memories Facebook page:

YouTube Link

It wasn't fully functioning when that video was taken either, but it was sure working a ton better than it is now.

Our biggest foe is our inclination towards complacency and willingness to settle for mediocrity.
Thanks given by:  Haberdasher1973, chickenking, CastleOSullivan, Kitty, BGW Family, Owls R A Hoot, Nora, Mad Ludwig
09/01/13 at 10:40pm in Rhinefeld (Germany)
That makes me so sad. I have never seen it working. Would love to see that in person as I enter Rhinefield.

09/02/13 at 06:53am in Rhinefeld (Germany) (Latest Edit: 09/02/13 at 06:54am by Thomas.)
That clock hasn't been fully functioning since I've been born; there's always something not working.

Google+ | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter
Thanks given by:  Party Rocker, chickenking, BGW Family, netdvn
09/27/13 at 12:49pm in Rhinefeld (Germany)
*Sniff* *sniff* Our poor clock.

Will she get painted back to the correct colors?
Will the murals get refreshed or obliterated?

Wisdom from a mug ~ In the time before airlines & electricity, the countries of medieval Europe developed distinctive styles architecture suited to their regions. Traditions & culture grew separately as well. The diverse heritage of many Americans is celebrated here in Busch Gardens at Williamsburg.
Thanks given by:  AbbeyStone, Zachary, Kitty, chickenking, Haberdasher1973
09/30/13 at 02:53pm in Rhinefeld (Germany) (Latest Edit: 09/30/13 at 02:54pm by chickenking.)
In the Clock Shop...

Look familiar?
    Stein's Certificate of Authenticity.
    ^ as seen from the back.
    Cuckoo Clocks information.

I am accepting gifts if anyone has a mind to... Grinning
Preference is for the Cuckoo Clock on the right.

Thanks given by:  Planeteer, BGW Family, Party Rocker, Zachary, Kitty, Applesauce, AbbeyStone, The Gunsmith, Nora, Jonquil
10/08/13 at 07:40pm in Rhinefeld (Germany)
Someone sent me something pretty awesome today. Here's an aerial picture of the area around Alpengeist from 1998:

Thanks given by:  chickenking, Luke, Hoopla, CastleOSullivan, Nora, Applesauce, Kitty, BGW Family
10/08/13 at 08:35pm in Rhinefeld (Germany)
There were so many more trees then! I think that's honestly the biggest change at the park. All over it seems just much more open. I think that really takes away a lot of the mystic from the hamlets. Some tree loss has not been their fault, but other areas seem like they just clear cut and did not try to conserve. Cool photo though!
Thanks given by:  Zachary, Party Rocker, Kitty, BGW Family
10/08/13 at 08:44pm in Rhinefeld (Germany)
I love that picture if only there was more. The trees make a big difference and that is BGW's secret weapon of all things. Le Mans looks like it has fewer trees from what I remember? Was it relatively new then?
10/08/13 at 08:46pm in Rhinefeld (Germany)
(10/08/13 08:44pm)Party Rocker Wrote:  I love that picture if only there was more. The trees make a big difference and that is BGW's secret weapon of all things. Le Mans looks like it has fewer trees from what I remember? Was it relatively new then?

If by relatively new you mean over 20 years old, then yes they were relatively new.
Thanks given by:  Pretzel Kaiser, Applesauce, Mushroom
10/08/13 at 08:46pm in Rhinefeld (Germany)
If only someone new what large portions of the real Le Mans Circuit de la Sarthe looked like.
10/08/13 at 08:47pm in Rhinefeld (Germany)
(10/08/13 08:46pm)David Wrote:  If by relatively new you mean over 20 years old, then yes they were relatively new.

I'm sorry I didn't recall the day they were added. Thanks for enlightening me.
10/08/13 at 09:22pm in Rhinefeld (Germany) (Latest Edit: 10/08/13 at 09:22pm by Nora.)
(09/30/13 02:53pm)chickenking Wrote:  In the Clock Shop...

Look familiar?
Stein's Certificate of Authenticity.
^ as seen from the back.
Cuckoo Clocks information.
Preference is for the Cuckoo Clock on the right.

CK: I got one of these last year. You can hook up a Christmas Light from a string of regular Christmas lights.

BGW: Have a great day at Busch Gardens, The Old Country! KD: Ride on!
Thanks given by:  chickenking

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Contact Us | ParkFans Network | Return to Top | Lite (Archive) Mode | RSS Syndication | |