ParkFans Logo

Killarney (Ireland)

08/02/13 at 12:59am in Killarney (Ireland) (Latest Edit: 10/02/13 at 06:06pm by Shane.)
[wiki]index.php/Killarney_(Ireland)[/wiki]

Find Me: Twitter | Facebook | Google+
Contact Me: Private Message | Email

Our biggest foe is our inclination towards complacency and willingness to settle for mediocrity.
08/02/13 at 11:42pm in Killarney (Ireland) (Latest Edit: 08/02/13 at 11:43pm by ToddF.)
Shot some video of the Killarney Village Band on 7/28/13

Songs:
Irish Rover
Maires Wedding

Performers:
Sarah Lynne Nowak (Singer)
Caroline Little (Fiddle)
Chris McGraw (Guitar)
Michael Creech (Guitar)
Tim Minter (Flute)

And a few easter eggs in the Irish Rover video.
A couple Celtic Fyre performers relaxing between shows:
Rylee Doiorn (singer)
Caleb Kitchen (drummer)
And BGWFan's own Zachery and Nora.
Thanks given by:  Nora, Luke, Hoopla, Julia, Owls R A Hoot
08/03/13 at 12:15am in Killarney (Ireland) (Latest Edit: 08/03/13 at 12:15am by Zachary.)
Why on earth didn't you introduce yourself?! Tongue

Anyway, thanks for the video! I'm hoping to get a full recording before they vanish for the season but no guarantees.

Our biggest foe is our inclination towards complacency and willingness to settle for mediocrity.
Thanks given by:  Nora, Party Rocker, Julia
08/03/13 at 12:30am in Killarney (Ireland)
Rats...must be something wrong with youtube...it won't let me watch the 1st video....just keeps loading.
08/03/13 at 12:41am in Killarney (Ireland)
I recorded the whole performance, and when it was over, I think you had gone.

I've got all the songs, but the crew for KK were making a racket setting up for the show, and Tim had to ask them to be quiet a couple of times. Didn't want to post those songs.

If you want to catch them, they play at 4:30 on Sundays.
Thanks given by:  Nora, Julia
08/03/13 at 11:54am in Killarney (Ireland)
My favorite song they do is Rocky Road to Dublin
08/12/13 at 10:41pm in Killarney (Ireland) (Latest Edit: 08/12/13 at 10:41pm by Zachary.)
Here's a full recording of a performance by the Killarney Village Band from yesterday! Enjoy!

YouTube Link

Thanks given by:  xpert98, destroyer421, Julia, Hoopla, Nora, Owls R A Hoot
08/13/13 at 08:29am in Killarney (Ireland)
Great video. The crowd interaction is one of the funnest things about the KVB. I see they were still ragging the crew of KK about making too much noise. And, speaking of KK, now that it's over, one of the Friday night fiddlers from KK, Carolyn Lee Bartley, will be joining the KVB, replacing Caroline Little, who has moved on. This makes Carolyn eligible for one of these:
Thanks given by:  Planeteer, Julia, Nora, Kitty
08/15/13 at 11:46pm in Killarney (Ireland)
I feel like the park is purposely ruining this hamlet. Each special event that comes and goes has completely ruined the place once it leaves.

F&WF - The toll here is not as great but still important. The booth by Annies Cafe left a big mark. There used to be wonderful shrubbery, now there is and flat concrete floor with a rag tag drink cart there. Next to an already existing snack stand! My suggesting is, why not just simply increase the snack stand instead? It would look a lot better.

ILLUM - The planters and patio tables and chairs are spares. It is just wide open nothingness. The info board that had random theme signs by Annies Cafe and Grogans Pub now stand blank empty. The Killarney sign is missing! You are just walking into a nameless hamlet now!

The place looks bare, empty, forgotten, and with nothing to do there besides snacking, shopping, and one show, this place is now nothing! My heart goes out to Killarney.

Now compare this to the Killarney in 2001? Ten or so years really changes a place.
Thanks given by:  Zachary, Luke, Hoopla, BGW Family, CastleOSullivan, Joe, Nora, destroyer421, Owls R A Hoot
08/20/13 at 05:29pm in Killarney (Ireland)
Rest in peace Castle O'Sullivan and Brew Master's Club. (Uh, the show. Not our dear BGW Fan, COS, btw)

Remember when the nights were a bit more atmospheric and not so brightly lit?

Wisdom from a mug ~ In the time before airlines & electricity, the countries of medieval Europe developed distinctive styles architecture suited to their regions. Traditions & culture grew separately as well. The diverse heritage of many Americans is celebrated here in Busch Gardens at Williamsburg.
Thanks given by:  Zachary, CastleOSullivan, Joe, chickenking, John
08/20/13 at 11:41pm in Killarney (Ireland)
Just noting, the other day I was walking past the Killarney band, and I happened to catch the back of the head of one guy and I could still see his dyed mohawk from behind. I actually thought the dye he used was a temporary spray on dye that came out in one wash, didn't realize it was more permanent than that. But I do understand that his hair will take some time to grow back.
08/21/13 at 12:42pm in Killarney (Ireland)
Here is a recording of the 6pm KVB performance in Grogan's Pub on Sunday.

YouTube Link

Thanks given by:  BGW Family, Owls R A Hoot, Peter R.
08/21/13 at 01:19pm in Killarney (Ireland) (Latest Edit: 08/21/13 at 01:20pm by BGW Family.)
I wish they'd post some times for these guys. I'd really like to watch and support them, but we can never catch them. Frowning

It was the same way with the Boogie Band and the old Irish band.

Wisdom from a mug ~ In the time before airlines & electricity, the countries of medieval Europe developed distinctive styles architecture suited to their regions. Traditions & culture grew separately as well. The diverse heritage of many Americans is celebrated here in Busch Gardens at Williamsburg.
Thanks given by:  Zachary, Planeteer, CastleOSullivan, Owls R A Hoot
08/21/13 at 02:22pm in Killarney (Ireland)
6 o'clock in Grogan's most days
Thanks given by:  BGW Family
08/21/13 at 09:14pm in Killarney (Ireland)
KVB plays Thursday through Monday at noon, 1:00, 3:30, 5:00 and 6:00. When the weather is good, they are outside. When the weather is bad, they play in Grogan's pub.
Thanks given by:  Zachary, Planeteer, BGW Family, Jesy, CastleOSullivan

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Contact Us | ParkFans Network | Return to Top | Lite (Archive) Mode | RSS Syndication | |