ParkFans Logo

Heatherdowns (Scotland)

08/02/13 at 12:59am in Heatherdowns (Scotland) (Latest Edit: 10/02/13 at 06:08pm by Shane.)
[wiki]index.php/Heatherdowns_(Scotland)[/wiki]

Find Me: Twitter | Facebook | Google+
Contact Me: Private Message | Email

Our biggest foe is our inclination towards complacency and willingness to settle for mediocrity.
09/09/13 at 11:04am in Heatherdowns (Scotland) (Latest Edit: 09/09/13 at 11:05am by The Gunsmith.)
Just for fun, with Todd Ferrante.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:  Planeteer, Hoopla, Kitty, Luke
11/17/13 at 08:50pm in Heatherdowns (Scotland) (Latest Edit: 11/17/13 at 08:51pm by chickenking.)
A cool picture hanging inside Tweedside Station...

Apparently Nessie likes to eat apples...or is it little kids. Notice the man running to help.

"As king, you must find the good in any situation."
Thanks given by:  Zachary, Party Rocker, BGW Family, Applesauce, Kitty
11/28/13 at 12:18pm in Heatherdowns (Scotland)
^ I LOVE those Nessie pictures in Tweedside!

"You're better off over in that Frenchie town down the road, sippin' on their fancy cafe latte and eatin' their fancy pastries. But, if you're up for adventure, you've come to the right place!"
Thanks given by:  Zachary, chickenking
01/12/14 at 12:40pm in Heatherdowns (Scotland) (Latest Edit: 01/12/14 at 12:42pm by chickenking.)
Anyone else miss this display?

Hopefully the MAN CAVE crap will disappear. Bring back my ye olde' weaponry!! Cool

Thanks given by:  Party Rocker, BGW Family, Zachary, netdvn, Planeteer, David
01/13/14 at 02:26pm in Heatherdowns (Scotland)
I also would like to see the pipes and tobacco return.
Thanks given by:  Planeteer, chickenking
01/22/14 at 03:51pm in Heatherdowns (Scotland)
This video has different areas in it. But I put it here to point to a couple of things I miss. Thanks to Nora to leading me to this.

YouTube Link

The awesome display in the stables at 1:05.

The handsome, stoic, and working fellow at 5:26. (Included here because the bridge is between Heatherdowns & Rhinefeld.)

The scenes at 7:49 & 9:06.

And, you know, the fully decorated Rhine River Cruise boats and Big BAD Wolf are sadly missed.

Wisdom from a mug ~ In the time before airlines & electricity, the countries of medieval Europe developed distinctive styles architecture suited to their regions. Traditions & culture grew separately as well. The diverse heritage of many Americans is celebrated here in Busch Gardens at Williamsburg.
Thanks given by:  chickenking, Zachary, Matthew, Applesauce
01/23/14 at 02:33am in Heatherdowns (Scotland)
That video really depressed me. But great to see old things still live on.
Thanks given by:  Zachary, BGW Family
01/28/14 at 11:38pm in Heatherdowns (Scotland) (Latest Edit: 01/29/14 at 01:14am by chickenking.)
(11/28/13 12:18pm)Kitty Wrote:  ^ I LOVE those Nessie pictures in Tweedside!

Finally getting around to this, but here they all are (I heard there were more)...

Located on the wall next to the side door where you enter from the train.
    Located above the same side door.
    This one was hidden in the corner opposite of the other two.

If these pictures aren't good enough, check out these links:

Here is some more neat stuff about these pictures:
Notice the headers "DOMENICA DEL CORRIERE". Read about this Italian weekly newspaper... La Domenica del Corriere. Very interesting.

And check out a lot of the covers... Images for "Domenica Del Corriere". Lots of wonderful pictures on this publication. I'll bet you've seen a few them somewhere. Cool

Thanks given by:  Mushroom, Applesauce, Zachary, BGW Family, Shane
02/04/14 at 11:23am in Heatherdowns (Scotland)
Last batch of BGE photos published for the media in 2004. I'm with CK, it takes forever to look through gigs of backups. Especially old enough to be on DVDs and CDs.

Wisdom from a mug ~ In the time before airlines & electricity, the countries of medieval Europe developed distinctive styles architecture suited to their regions. Traditions & culture grew separately as well. The diverse heritage of many Americans is celebrated here in Busch Gardens at Williamsburg.
Thanks given by:  Zachary, Party Rocker, chickenking
08/28/14 at 10:10am in Heatherdowns (Scotland) (Latest Edit: 08/28/14 at 10:36am by The Kid.)
I don't know if this is the right place for it, but here is a picture of the Grimms Landung bridge by the boats at 10:30 at night after a firework tour at the end of july. It's kinda cool to see it completely empty....

Thanks given by:  Nicole, Jonquil, David, chickenking, Zachary, netdvn, Jesy, Connor, redheadtanman
09/08/14 at 04:16pm in Heatherdowns (Scotland) (Latest Edit: 09/08/14 at 04:16pm by Connor.)
I have to say, I love this shot I took.
The little caricature building looks like a little house, the forest behind it, and the entrance of Heatherdowns looks like a village.

Where is Hummel Boy?
Thanks given by:  Jonquil, Jesy, jruscoe1, Sky
09/20/14 at 10:15am in Heatherdowns (Scotland)
Congratulations, Scotland!

I applaud you for voting against independence from the rest of BGW.

Entering the park through Loch Ness would have been a challenge but it would have been worth it for Nessie to once again be the tallest, fastest coaster in the park!

Thanks given by:  Zachary, Nicole, Zimmy, Luke
10/15/14 at 06:16pm in Heatherdowns (Scotland)
With all this work being done for a certain 2015 Festa attraction that we have no information about what so ever... Lets take it back to some work being done in good Ol' Scotland!

Where is Hummel Boy?
Thanks given by:  MrLaptop, Luke, Mushroom, Nicole
10/15/14 at 07:45pm in Heatherdowns (Scotland) (Latest Edit: 10/15/14 at 07:45pm by MrLaptop.)
Looks sorta nice. Will take some getting used to.
Hopefully they will stuff that area with plants.
EDIT: WHAT IS THAT BLACK ASPHALT.

BGW Rec is BACK!
http://forum.parkfans.net/thread-3109-po...#pid113411

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Contact Us | ParkFans Network | Return to Top | Lite (Archive) Mode | RSS Syndication | |