ParkFans Logo

Project 2014: Zumanjaro

07/15/13 at 10:22pm in Project 2014: Zumanjaro (Latest Edit: 06/17/14 at 06:31pm by Zachary.)
ACE New Jersey Wrote:2014 New Attraction Announcement – August 29
Six Flags Great Adventure and its sister parks throughout North America will announce exciting plans for the 2014 season. Great Adventure will release details about a record-breaking addition that will surely top “must-do” lists next year. Information, photos and video will be available at www.sixflags.com/greatadventure

Early rumors are pointing at that long rumored 450 foot drop tower attached to Kingda Ka.
Thanks given by:  Apollogeist, Julia
07/15/13 at 10:32pm in Project 2014: Zumanjaro
Lex Luther is having its fair share of issues and they want to make a bigger one?

Coaster Count: 115

"The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing." ~ Walt Disney
07/15/13 at 10:33pm in Project 2014: Zumanjaro
It's all temperature related no?

Waking up fresh every mornin'; Openin' up for you; Waitin' for your laughter; With so much new to do! Busch—Gardens! Busch—Gardens! Come to Busch Gardens and come to life! Come to Busch Gardens and come—to life!
Contact Me: Private Message | Email | Twitter | Coaster Count
07/15/13 at 10:35pm in Project 2014: Zumanjaro
It's over heating and the they are having issues with the catch car itself.

07/15/13 at 11:13pm in Project 2014: Zumanjaro
(07/15/13 10:32pm)Evan Wrote:  Lex Luther is having its fair share of issues and they want to make a bigger one?

It didn't stop Cedar Fair Tongue

No but seriously I have nothing on this, just throwing something that's apparently been in the works for 5 years now. The park was also supposed to get a 5D style ride to replace spongebob in 2011 but that fell through. There are a few untapped concepts the park had in the pipeline but got shelved due to the bankruptcy or other reasons.
Thanks given by:  Youhow2
07/19/13 at 08:56pm in Project 2014: Zumanjaro
Alright so as Lance has reported earlier today Great Adventure dropped 5 names in a survey, all with African-oriented names:

screamscape Wrote:Kimanjo is the name of a location in Kenya.
Zumanjaro comes up with no results at all and appears to be simply made up, as if they tried to put “Zu” in font of Kilamanjaro. Sorry… as the old Disney ads used to put it, Nahtazu!
Kimondo is another province within Kenya, but also translated from Swahili as the word for a Meteor or Shooting Star in the sky.
Kushuku translates from Swahili as “Skepticism”
And finally, Shango translates from Swahili as “Chlamydia”. Ummm… yeah… they went there. Sorry… while Six Flags may end up starting a new Meme with that one, I don’t think we’ll be riding Chlamydia: The Ride anytime soon.
My vote is for Kimondo… as a shooting star is a perfect theme for a massive freefall tower I think.

Personally I find Kimanjo better but as long as I don't see Chlamydia plastered anywhere next year I'll be fine.
07/22/13 at 01:30am in Project 2014: Zumanjaro (Latest Edit: 07/22/13 at 01:33am by b.mac.)
Six Flags just recently filed for Trademark of the 'Aqua Twist' name in the United States. What might an "Aqua Twist" be, you ask? Well here's what was built at La Ronde under the same name this year.

I don't see what exactly is record breaking about this kind of ride and it likely will just be a general park addition that gets sprinkled around like the SkyScreamers. Whether it'll get special treatment at Great Adventure or not, it definitely will help bolster the park's still depressing flat ride collection. Maybe we could see one with super capacity like this monster.
07/23/13 at 11:02am in Project 2014: Zumanjaro
I haven't been to the park at all this year but a friend was kind enough to point out that there is an open spot where the baboons used to be. Considering the slightly African theme of the safari and Bizarro being an abandoned and cursed mine, an African themed drop tower giving a view over the safari area would be a thrilling (and quite lovely) addition. I just wonder about what their "record" entails.
07/30/13 at 12:57pm in Project 2014: Zumanjaro
Anybody hoping for a roller coaster should wait at least another year, not happening in 2014.
08/09/13 at 10:04pm in Project 2014: Zumanjaro
Looks like Lance ate some bad bait today, the yearly rumors about Rolling Thunder have started again.
Thanks given by:  Shane
08/09/13 at 10:46pm in Project 2014: Zumanjaro
I honestly don't see rolling thunder getting removed.

Waking up fresh every mornin'; Openin' up for you; Waitin' for your laughter; With so much new to do! Busch—Gardens! Busch—Gardens! Come to Busch Gardens and come to life! Come to Busch Gardens and come—to life!
Contact Me: Private Message | Email | Twitter | Coaster Count
08/09/13 at 11:24pm in Project 2014: Zumanjaro
I don't see it after they spent two weeks fixing the rotwood issue to get it running again. If the issue was that bad and they wanted to get rid of it that badly, it would've been a better move to shut the ride down early and state "Preparations for 2014, wait for announcements soon!"

I can possibly see Topper Track and maybe a modernization upgrade, but closing it completely is out of the question.
08/24/13 at 09:32am in Project 2014: Zumanjaro
Blue supports the same color as Kingda Ka's have been spotted at the park. Speculation in me has reason to believe they'll be modifying parts of the tower to hold the new hardware for the record breaking drop tower.
08/24/13 at 10:54am in Project 2014: Zumanjaro

Link

Thanks given by:  b.mac
08/25/13 at 07:11pm in Project 2014: Zumanjaro
*spitball*

Three 450 foot drop towers.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Contact Us | ParkFans Network | Return to Top | Lite (Archive) Mode | RSS Syndication | |