ParkFans Logo

Europe in the Air's Replacement

07/06/13 at 03:03pm in Europe in the Air's Replacement (Latest Edit: 11/14/13 at 09:22pm by Shane.)
Oh! Now that we know EITA is closed, do we know if there will be a replacement by next season? I'm hoping they will be able to get the budget issues sorted out over the off season. Even if the replacement makes a late spring, or Early Summer debut I just hope we get a replacement, for it. Does anybody have info?
07/06/13 at 03:06pm in Europe in the Air's Replacement
(07/06/13 03:03pm)JuniorBGWfan28 Wrote:  Oh! Now that we know EITA is closed, do we know if there will be a replacement by next season? I'm hoping they will be able to get the budget issues sorted out over the off season. Even if the replacement makes a late spring, or Early Summer debut I just hope we get a replacement, for it. Does anybody have info?

Very doubtful at this point.
07/06/13 at 03:13pm in Europe in the Air's Replacement (Latest Edit: 07/06/13 at 03:19pm by Shane.)
At this point we are pretty sure EITA is closed, and is never coming back. Now we have no idea when the replacement for it is coming. But it will come, they cant just leave the building vacant forever.

I made this thread for you guys to talk about possible storylines for the replacement. You can also talk about when you think the replacement might come.

I just hope it comes soon, because without a ride there Killarney will be a ghostown, except for the people who want to see Celtic fire, and the people who walk through it to get some place.
07/06/13 at 03:16pm in Europe in the Air's Replacement
...lol
07/06/13 at 03:18pm in Europe in the Air's Replacement
(07/06/13 03:16pm)Atlantis Wrote:  ...lol

:huh: Did I say something wrong?
Thanks given by:  Mushroom
07/06/13 at 03:23pm in Europe in the Air's Replacement
It is extremely unlikely EITA will be replaced anytime next year, at least. Filming and work for a new simulator probably takes a year to complete at the very soonest. If the park shut it down now and isn't bringing it back then they sure cant afford a replacement for next year unless they were to bring back Corkscrew Hill with the same film and such, but HIGHLY unlikely.
07/06/13 at 03:24pm in Europe in the Air's Replacement
(07/06/13 03:23pm)Party Rocker Wrote:  It is extremely unlikely EITA will be replaced anytime next year, at least. Filming and work for a new simulator probably takes a year to complete at the very soonest. If the park shut it down now and isn't bringing it back then they sure cant afford a replacement for next year unless they were to bring back Corkscrew Hill with the same film and such, but HIGHLY unlikely.

...lol
07/06/13 at 03:25pm in Europe in the Air's Replacement
I think "lol" is because park management doesn't intend to replace it with anything.

If the rumors and talk are all true, they cut the ride to decrease operating costs and increase on-paper park profitability. Building a replacement ride to put in the EitA building would defeat that purpose.

So, as I understand it, I wouldn't look for a EitA replacement until after you hear something about Busch Gardens changing hands.

In case you're thinking I might be wrong about this brilliant theory, please, consider the following: No. I'm not.
Thanks given by:  Party Rocker, Julia, Mushroom, Kitty
07/06/13 at 03:27pm in Europe in the Air's Replacement (Latest Edit: 07/06/13 at 03:33pm by Shane.)
(07/06/13 03:25pm)Dr. Julius Money Ed.D Wrote:  I think "lol" is because park management doesn't intend to replace it with anything.

If the rumors and talk are all true, they cut the ride to decrease operating costs and increase on-paper park profitability. Building a replacement ride to put in the EitA building would defeat that purpose.

So, as I understand it, I wouldn't look for a EitA replacement until after you hear something about Busch Gardens changing hands.

Don't start using logic that does not even require thinking now. That might send people into a frenzy. That would make way too much sense.
07/06/13 at 03:31pm in Europe in the Air's Replacement
(07/06/13 03:23pm)Party Rocker Wrote:  If the park shut it down now and isn't bringing it back then they sure cant afford a replacement for next year unless they were to bring back Corkscrew Hill with the same film and such, but HIGHLY unlikely.

I know it's highly unlikely, but if they want to be smart, instead of keeping the building vacant throughout next year then they could bring back Corkscrew Hill until they can afford to make a replacement. That'd be a better plan than just not having anything there at all, but they will probably not do that. However on the VERY Slim chance that they do put Corkscrew Hill back in for the time being, then I would be ecstatic! I mean seriously who doesn't like a good ride on Corkscrew hill.Grinning
07/06/13 at 03:34pm in Europe in the Air's Replacement (Latest Edit: 07/06/13 at 03:34pm by CoolDrMoney.)
Everybody likes Corkscrew Hill, but seeing as how bringing it back would cost something >$1, it wouldn't make sense for them to re-install it.

I wish all of the Ireland attractions would come back, for the record. It just ain't in the cards.

In case you're thinking I might be wrong about this brilliant theory, please, consider the following: No. I'm not.
Thanks given by:  CastleOSullivan, Julia, BGW Family, Mushroom, Trfa63
07/06/13 at 04:06pm in Europe in the Air's Replacement
They should put a walk through attraction in the building. I read somewhere that there was a walk through thing there originally (don't know if it's true). I don't know what they would theme it to (as long as it isn't an airport Tongue). It could be a place for the whole family to walk through and enjoy the AC Tongue.

Don't worry, I still love you Busch Gardens!
Thanks given by:  Julia
07/06/13 at 04:12pm in Europe in the Air's Replacement
(07/06/13 04:06pm)Hoopla Wrote:  I read somewhere that there was a walk through thing there originally (don't know if it's true).

Yes, it was called Turvey Manor fun house. Other than that, could we get another Busch Gardens historian to elaborate?Winking

"Be careful what you wish for, be sure your wish is wise."
07/06/13 at 04:15pm in Europe in the Air's Replacement
Maybe it will give them a chance to make a really good permanent haunted house in the space, instead of rushing to put it up every year.
Thanks given by:  Julia
07/06/13 at 04:21pm in Europe in the Air's Replacement
(07/06/13 04:12pm)CastleOSullivan Wrote:  
(07/06/13 04:06pm)Hoopla Wrote:  I read somewhere that there was a walk through thing there originally (don't know if it's true).

Yes, it was called Turvey Manor fun house. Other than that, could we get another Busch Gardens historian to elaborate?Winking

Yes, Turvey Manor was the fun house but after that closed they had a House of Mirrors attraction (forgot the name). Turvey Manor was fun when it first opened but it got old quick. And the mirrors were pretty lame. The only good attraction they ever had in that spot was Questor
Thanks given by:  Hoopla, CastleOSullivan, Julia, Mushroom

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Contact Us | ParkFans Network | Return to Top | Lite (Archive) Mode | RSS Syndication | |