ParkFans Logo

General Quick Forum Questions

06/29/13 at 10:47pm in General Quick Forum Questions
I am designating a place to put simple and quick forum questions. Much like the Quick Park Questions thread in the Everything Else thread for BGW.

First question: Being Invisible on the Forums? Every so often I glance at the bottom of the main page and see such and such members online, so and so of whom are invisible, and this and that guests. How does a member become invisible on the forums?
Thanks given by:  woodmaker
06/29/13 at 10:57pm in General Quick Forum Questions
What the hell does warning level mean? I see it on my profile,

“Nothing stresses me out. Except having to seek the approval of my inferiors.” - Dwight Schrute

Former username: Ben
06/29/13 at 11:29pm in General Quick Forum Questions
You can hide yourself from the "Who's Online" list here.

Warning level is how many warnings you've been given. Regardless, we've never really used the system.

Find Me: Twitter | Facebook | Google+
Contact Me: Private Message | Email

Our biggest foe is our inclination towards complacency and willingness to settle for mediocrity.
Thanks given by:  Party Rocker, Joe
06/30/13 at 09:20am in General Quick Forum Questions
Just being curious, but I'd assume that a 100% warning level could result in a ban (assuming it were actually used, that is Winking )? Ouch.

Find Busch Dominion:
BuschDominion.com | Instagram | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube
06/30/13 at 09:27am in General Quick Forum Questions
Yes that is correct

Waking up fresh every mornin'; Openin' up for you; Waitin' for your laughter; With so much new to do! Busch—Gardens! Busch—Gardens! Come to Busch Gardens and come to life! Come to Busch Gardens and come—to life!
Contact Me: Private Message | Email | Twitter | Coaster Count
Thanks given by:  Joe
06/30/13 at 06:13pm in General Quick Forum Questions (Latest Edit: 06/30/13 at 07:12pm by Joe.)
(06/29/13 11:29pm)Zachary Wrote:  You can hide yourself from the "Who's Online" list here.
I find it pretty funny that, after this post, three of the members currently online are now invisible (at the time of my posting). Grinning

Find Busch Dominion:
Thanks given by:  Zachary
06/30/13 at 06:47pm in General Quick Forum Questions
Just people trying to hide their addiction. Come on people- embrace it! Tongue

Our biggest foe is our inclination towards complacency and willingness to settle for mediocrity.
Thanks given by:  Joe, Party Rocker, Julia, Planeteer, Ken, Hoopla, Haberdasher1973, Owls R A Hoot
07/10/13 at 03:01pm in General Quick Forum Questions
Not sure where to put this, but I noticed that Party Rocker's number of posts is -15. Why on earth does it say that? I got confused and checked it on his profile, but it even says (negative so-and-so posts per day -- negative so-and-so% of total posts) there, too. Plus, in "Find Posts," all his posts are still there.

Not to be weird or cause confusion, I just thought this was strange and wondered what the heck was happening (maybe it has to do with his being banned?). Assuming it's just a bug or something - if this post better fits in the Bug Reports thread, someone can move it. Cool I've noticed this on other users briefly in the past, too, but they have since been fixed. Weird.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find Busch Dominion:
07/10/13 at 03:20pm in General Quick Forum Questions
Okay, not to double-post, but I have a more important, completely unrelated question.

Who/what is Testing Account? Just noticed him/it as a member (joined yesterday), with a signature of "This is an Administrative Testing Account." They had one post in a general discussion thread, but it looks like it has already been deleted. Is this spam that I shouldn't even be caring about, or is it actually something the admins are doing? Hmmm...

Find Busch Dominion:
07/10/13 at 03:31pm in General Quick Forum Questions
I'll get the post count fixed and the Testing Account is a secondary account Shane created yesterday to test some things out. No reason for worry.

07/10/13 at 03:31pm in General Quick Forum Questions
Hi Joe,
I created the testing account yesterday, we are using the account to so that we can see what things look like from a standard users point of view b/c Admins/Mods see different things then a normal user.

Waking up fresh every mornin'; Openin' up for you; Waitin' for your laughter; With so much new to do! Busch—Gardens! Busch—Gardens! Come to Busch Gardens and come to life! Come to Busch Gardens and come—to life!
07/10/13 at 03:37pm in General Quick Forum Questions (Latest Edit: 07/10/13 at 03:38pm by Joe.)
Ah, thanks. No problem, I just tend to have an overly excessive sense of curiosity that drives other people bonkers. Good to know. Smiling

And Shane, now you'll get to see life on the forums the way we peasants see it! Tongue

Find Busch Dominion:
Thanks given by:  Planeteer
07/10/13 at 03:39pm in General Quick Forum Questions
Party Rocker ended up with a negative post count because we deleted his announcement thread. It has been fixed thank you.

Thanks given by:  Joe, Planeteer
07/13/13 at 08:06pm in General Quick Forum Questions
When looking at "online", the name Google is listed almost all the time, what is that?

“Nothing stresses me out. Except having to seek the approval of my inferiors.” - Dwight Schrute

Former username: Ben
07/13/13 at 08:11pm in General Quick Forum Questions
Google's web crawler indexing the site. Bing, Yahoo, Cloudflare, and several others will show up on occasion too.
Thanks given by:  Ben, Zachary, destroyer421, Party Rocker

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Contact Us | ParkFans Network | Return to Top | Lite (Archive) Mode | RSS Syndication | |