ParkFans Logo

BGT's Next Coaster

06/26/13 at 02:12am in BGT's Next Coaster (Latest Edit: 12/04/14 at 03:45pm by Zachary.)
Let the speculation begin!

While this debate could be wide open for anything I'm thinking the next addition will be a huge B&M speedcoaster ala Leviathan at Canada's Wonderland or Shambhala at Port Aventura. Granted, they could put in something under 300-ft but with the recent addition of Falcon's Fury I'm thinking this coaster will need to be close to that in height for marketing purposes. SheiKra's marketing at 200-ft tall worked well down there so the next step would be for them to take it up another notch. Also, there are no B&M speedcoasters (or any other hypercoasters for that matter) that have been built in Florida. There are three inverts (Dragon Challenge and Montu), three multiloopers (Kumba, Kraken, and Hulk), a dive machine and a flyer. A B&M Speedcoaster would fill a void nicely down there.
06/26/13 at 07:18am in BGT's Next Coaster
The next project is sure to fix the Gwazi issue.

Waking up fresh every mornin'; Openin' up for you; Waitin' for your laughter; With so much new to do! Busch—Gardens! Busch—Gardens! Come to Busch Gardens and come to life! Come to Busch Gardens and come—to life!
Contact Me: Private Message | Email | Twitter | Coaster Count
06/26/13 at 07:22am in BGT's Next Coaster
A good place that they could put it (not sure if it's too small) is a the North end of the Safari. The picture below has the area circles. They could also get rid of gwazi *cough*

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Don't worry, I still love you Busch Gardens!
06/26/13 at 07:23am in BGT's Next Coaster
I myself would love to see a Leviathan-like coaster go in. That would be a great addition.

Waking up fresh every mornin'; Openin' up for you; Waitin' for your laughter; With so much new to do! Busch—Gardens! Busch—Gardens! Come to Busch Gardens and come to life! Come to Busch Gardens and come—to life!
Thanks given by:  Unagi
06/26/13 at 02:58pm in BGT's Next Coaster
(06/26/13 07:22am)Hoopla Wrote:  A good place that they could put it (not sure if it's too small) is a the North end of the Safari. The picture below has the area circles. They could also get rid of gwazi *cough*

While that area is a prime location for new rides I don't think the park would touch that. That area is strictly for the animals and taking that much land from them would disrupt their habitat especially since they've been there for decades.
Thanks given by:  b.mac, Bill
06/26/13 at 04:19pm in BGT's Next Coaster
Hi, new here. I have lurked BGWFans for a while now but live in Florida so I never had a reason to join. Looks like there is something somewhat local here for me to discuss now!

I have heard that Gwazi whether it is track topped and redone or ripped out is the next major project after the tower (which I have not really followed). Something needs to be done. Losing capacity on such a large scale is not good for a high profile park such as BGT.
Thanks given by:  pandorazboxx, Unagi
06/26/13 at 04:20pm in BGT's Next Coaster
Well if I Remember correctly they could always take down Gwazi, and since Gwazi has a little piece of land next to it they could always use that too. However even with that much land they still will have to squeeze it in very carefully. By the way since most of the time Both BGW and BGT get pretty similar Type roller coasters, and BGW already has a B&M hypercoaster(which is practically the same as a Speed-coaster except smaller) wouldn't it be more likely for them both to get a Flying coaster. In that case I would be fine with it.
06/26/13 at 04:31pm in BGT's Next Coaster
(06/26/13 04:20pm)JuniorBGWfan28 Wrote:  Well if I Remember correctly they could always take down Gwazi, and since Gwazi has a little piece of land next to it they could always use that too. However even with that much land they still will have to squeeze it in very carefully. By the way since most of the time Both BGW and BGT get pretty similar Type roller coasters, and BGW already has a B&M hypercoaster(which is practically the same as a Speed-coaster except smaller) wouldn't it be more likely for them both to get a Flying coaster. In that case I would be fine with it.

No. Just no. After the gross miscalculation on Manta's pretzel with GForces I HIGHLY doubt you will see a flyer at BGT or BGW for that matter. From my understanding MACK did an impeccable job at SWSD with Manta; why would they venture out of the relatively bland styling and non out of the box styling B&M has adopted. They are a dime a dozen at this point. In a park with three of them variety is needed. Another B&M in no way would provide that.
Thanks given by:  Pretzel Kaiser, Unagi, Youhow2
06/26/13 at 05:22pm in BGT's Next Coaster
Sources were saying Rocky Mountian would be Gwazi's Savior whether it be topper track or Iron Horse we are unsure. That being said the project is on hold because of the IPO and the stock price of SEAS. Don't expect any movement unless the bubble pops on SEAS stocks. We can only hope that happens soon. All the cuts at BGW and BGT are because of this stock bubble we are in right now.

Thanks given by:  Party Rocker, Planeteer
07/07/13 at 09:01pm in BGT's Next Coaster (Latest Edit: 07/07/13 at 09:12pm by c350Zee.)
I keep seeing Speed Coaster among different places, namely Screamscape (which said a reader had taken a roller coaster tour, and the mechanic said the Tiger is done, to be replaced by a "Speed Coaster") . I'm not entirely clear what "Speed Coaster" means, but if it's a King Da Ka-like ride, I think it's a giant waste of money. If they mean "Speed Coaster" like Nitro, I'll ride that. But if Gwazi gets torn out, I'll be disappointed if it's anything other than a new, monster wooden twister.
07/07/13 at 09:04pm in BGT's Next Coaster (Latest Edit: 07/07/13 at 09:11pm by netdvn.)
"Speed coaster" is basically B&M's Mega coaster design. B&M doesn't build launch coasters (nor have they gone over 400 feet yet), so building anything similar to Kingda Ka is out of the question for Tampa.

Wood coasters really don't seem to translate well with FL humidity outside of a few coasters (Starliner, Coastersauraus). I guess we'll see how White Lightning fares in a couple years. Unless Rocky Mountain gives Tampa a super hybrid or a topper tracked Gwazi, I don't see them getting another wood coaster.

Project Geauga Lake - Photos! - BGW Crowd Calendar - Don't look back, as you brave the Black Forest
07/07/13 at 09:19pm in BGT's Next Coaster
I'm going to assume at this point that said mechanic that the reader from screamscape talked to is correct, and Gwazi will be taken out. So that leaves a giga coaster design? Aren't those just gigantic? (of course, I'm thinking Millennium Force, as that's THE giga coaster)
01/11/14 at 05:28pm in BGT's Next Coaster
So I was speaking to the ride attendant on Gwazi today and he said that BGT doesn't know what they're doing with Gwazi anymore. He said they had plans for a hyper coaster but they changed their mind. He thought the reason was because of money. So the future of Gwazi is kind of up in the air. Personally I hope they go through with the hyper coaster here in the near future. I love Gwazi but the weather has destroyed it. I Still have a headache 4 hours later... Confused He also made it clear that he obvious isn't high up in the ranks. So take it with a grain of salt.
Thanks given by:  Nicole, John
01/15/14 at 11:55pm in BGT's Next Coaster
Maintenance on any wooden coaster in FL weather is a huge ongoing cost. I doubt any future plans will include one.

That said, think of what's around Gwazi. Critter castaways: relocating. Garden Gate: limited seasonal opening. Other than the excursions gift shop and some carnival games, they have a much bigger footprint to work with in that area than just gwazi and the field.
Thanks given by:  Zachary, b.mac, Peter R.
12/02/14 at 01:51pm in BGT's Next Coaster
With the Q3 Conference call, SWP&E said that there would be more attractions released in 2016.

I'm guessing Busch Gardens Tampa and SeaWorld Orlando are part of this.

Without making any further speculations, I rest my case on a B&M Giga for 2016.

SeaWorld Orlando & Busch Gardens Tampa
Theme Park lover~ Future Rollercoaster Designer
Most likely distracted or daydreaming about theme parks.. Welcome to my world.

Instagram | Twitter
Thanks given by:  Nicole, Zachary, John, GeoUSA, Connor, CastleOSullivan

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Contact Us | ParkFans Network | Return to Top | Lite (Archive) Mode | RSS Syndication | |