ParkFans Logo

Free Chips As You Exit the Park

06/02/13 at 07:39am in Free Chips As You Exit the Park (Latest Edit: 03/03/14 at 05:35pm by Zachary.)
Anyone remember THAT? Smiling

Other than the free beer samples on brewery tour, that was one of my favorite parts about the park!
Thanks given by:  Kyle, gazisghost
06/02/13 at 01:51pm in Free Chips As You Exit the Park
I do not recall this.

When was this?

In case you're thinking I might be wrong about this brilliant theory, please, consider the following: No. I'm not.
06/02/13 at 03:06pm in Free Chips As You Exit the Park
Um, probably 10 years ago on backwards....I distinctly remember them handing out free bags of chips or pretzels.
06/02/13 at 03:10pm in Free Chips As You Exit the Park
I was there 2001 and on and they never handed out free chips or pretzels. Either it was something they did one time for a special promotion or something or it was before the 2000's.
06/02/13 at 03:24pm in Free Chips As You Exit the Park (Latest Edit: 06/02/13 at 03:27pm by IndyRacingNut.)
Yes, that's it. Now I remember. It was from 1996 on backwards. I believe they called them "Eagle Snacks". And no, I don't think it was a one time promotion or something. This happened every time I left the park. It wasn't a very big bag, either. Just one of those bags the size you'd pack in a kid's lunchbox.
06/02/13 at 04:24pm in Free Chips As You Exit the Park
Yes the park did this a long time ago.

The AB Company tried marketing a line of snacks to go with their beer and it failed. One way of promoting them was to give out free samples as you exited the park. I remember them handing out tiny bags of chips and pretzels. I believe they also gave out small bags of peanuts.

Thanks given by:  Zachary, Party Rocker, Nora, Luke, gazisghost
06/02/13 at 07:20pm in Free Chips As You Exit the Park
(06/02/13 03:10pm)Party Rocker Wrote:  . . . for a special promotion or something or it was before the 2000's.

So I was right it was for a promotion, granted maybe not a one time promotion or a one time for a long extended period promotion.
Thanks given by:  IndyRacingNut
06/02/13 at 07:43pm in Free Chips As You Exit the Park (Latest Edit: 06/02/13 at 07:49pm by IndyRacingNut.)
Yes, but that bag you have there was not what the bag looked like. It had the usual AB eagle logo on it. Different looking bag & from what I understand, some holding company now has the rights to the brand, but isn't currently making any snacks w/the brand name....yet.

This was the actual logo they used.

Here's a sample of the product they handed out w/the logo on it.
06/02/13 at 07:59pm in Free Chips As You Exit the Park
I too remember the chip samples from the early 90s. It was when AB sold a line of snacks.
06/02/13 at 08:08pm in Free Chips As You Exit the Park (Latest Edit: 06/02/13 at 08:11pm by Nora.)
Oh Eagle Brand Hawaiian Kettle Chips... mmmmmmmm. When the park handed out Kettle Chips my dad used to send us back for another go around just to grab another bag. They were amazing!

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

BGW: Have a great day at Busch Gardens, The Old Country! KD: Ride on!
06/02/13 at 09:10pm in Free Chips As You Exit the Park
I do seem to remember them giving away Peanuts (Honey Roasted if I recall) at the Brewery Tour. That had to be the early 90's, as I was pretty young.

Check Out My I Miss The Drachen Fire Fanpage
06/03/13 at 08:49am in Free Chips As You Exit the Park
I remember these! OMG! Crazy.

Waking up fresh every mornin'; Openin' up for you; Waitin' for your laughter; With so much new to do! Busch—Gardens! Busch—Gardens! Come to Busch Gardens and come to life! Come to Busch Gardens and come—to life!
Contact Me: Private Message | Email | Twitter | Coaster Count
06/11/13 at 08:28am in Free Chips As You Exit the Park
Ah yes...

I loved me some Eagle Snacks.... Best chips ever, and I was addicted to the honey roasted cashews.

Yes I rememeber them giving them away on the up slope to parking next to the old wood (now steel) bridge where you split to England parking or France.

Old enough to remember The Old Country
Friend of the friendly eagle.
Thanks given by:  Zachary, IndyRacingNut, Peter R., Nora, Party Rocker, Joe
07/07/13 at 03:08pm in Free Chips As You Exit the Park
They used to hand out little pretzel bags, and roasted peanut bags. Just enough for us kids to gobble down before passing out in the car for the trip home. Last time I remember that was mid 90s.
03/03/14 at 04:53pm in Free Chips As You Exit the Park
These are the Potato Chips handed out in 1987 with the logo Indy indicated.

Apologies for the photos. These shiny bags are buggers to take photos of without bothersome reflections.

To answer CK before he types it, Yes, we tend to keep quite a bit.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Wisdom from a mug ~ In the time before airlines & electricity, the countries of medieval Europe developed distinctive styles architecture suited to their regions. Traditions & culture grew separately as well. The diverse heritage of many Americans is celebrated here in Busch Gardens at Williamsburg.
Thanks given by:  Zachary, Matthew, Party Rocker, Imaginique, IndyRacingNut, Applesauce, CastleOSullivan, chickenking, flamanar

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Contact Us | ParkFans Network | Return to Top | Lite (Archive) Mode | RSS Syndication | |