ParkFans Logo

Ghostrider

05/27/13 at 03:02am in Ghostrider
This is by far the worst wooden coaster I've ever ridden.

This new POV video shows how violent it is!

YouTube Link

05/27/13 at 09:23am in Ghostrider
Not only does it look rough (near-flat turns at high speeds?!) but the layout just simply looks bland. I think it's time to call in help.

*shines a RMC logo up to the sky*

Find Me: Twitter | Facebook | Google+
Contact Me: Private Message | Email

Our biggest foe is our inclination towards complacency and willingness to settle for mediocrity.
Thanks given by:  Unagi
05/27/13 at 02:04pm in Ghostrider (Latest Edit: 05/27/13 at 02:07pm by Unagi.)
(05/27/13 09:23am)Zachary Wrote:  Not only does it look rough (near-flat turns at high speeds?!) but the layout just simply looks bland. I think it's time to call in help.

*shines a RMC logo up to the sky*

The layout is very bland and uninteresting!!!

You can't really see it but the condition of the ride is horrendous. It looks like it could fall apart. The wood itself is deteriorated in a lot of places and it's splintered practically everywhere.

For those of you that complain about Hurler or Grizzly at KD, Ghostrider makes those two feel like Apollo's Chariot!
05/27/13 at 03:57pm in Ghostrider

YouTube Link

Here's a video from the ride's opening day for comparison.

Its a shame Knotts can't maintain this thing. I hear it used to be a top 10 wooden coaster when it first opened. RMC should definitely come in and do their magic to bring the ride back to the way it used to be.

Judging by the POV, the ride still has the crazy speed it used to have, but it just shakes you to death.

Project Geauga Lake - Photos! - BGW Crowd Calendar - Don't look back, as you brave the Black Forest
Thanks given by:  Youhow2
05/27/13 at 05:26pm in Ghostrider
(05/27/13 03:57pm)netdvn Wrote:  Judging by the POV, the ride still has the crazy speed it used to have, but it just shakes you to death.

Shaking wasn't the only issue I had. When I rode it there were also severe potholes at the bottom of each drops after the first hill, the two before the mid-course brakes and the three after that. It felt like my lower spine was gonna split in half. I wish there was a chiropractor at the exit to give me an exam!
05/28/13 at 01:33pm in Ghostrider
Its very sad that Cedar Fair is letting their woodies go to shit.

Waking up fresh every mornin'; Openin' up for you; Waitin' for your laughter; With so much new to do! Busch—Gardens! Busch—Gardens! Come to Busch Gardens and come to life! Come to Busch Gardens and come—to life!
Contact Me: Private Message | Email | Twitter | Coaster Count
03/18/16 at 08:53pm in Ghostrider
Here are some photo updates from January of Ghostrider's rehab. It's looking good. GCI replaced a ton of wood on the structure, and with their Millennium Flyers running on there, it will run a lot smoother than the PTCs.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=...094&type=3
Thanks given by:  Nicole
04/24/16 at 12:05pm in Ghostrider
This doesn't really surprise me as 2016 hasn't really been the year for on time openings, but Ghostrider has been delayed.
The Orange County Register

Where is Hummel Boy?
04/24/16 at 02:15pm in Ghostrider (Latest Edit: 04/24/16 at 02:16pm by Eric.)
Has even a single 2016 coaster opened yet? I dont think there is as i can recall.

Rollercoaster?,oh, you must be talking about our festa landscaping project!
04/24/16 at 02:22pm in Ghostrider
So far Storm Chaser and

YouTube Link

are up and running right now.

Project Geauga Lake - Photos! - BGW Crowd Calendar - Don't look back, as you brave the Black Forest
Thanks given by:  Eric
04/24/16 at 04:14pm in Ghostrider (Latest Edit: 04/24/16 at 04:14pm by Unagi.)
(04/24/16 12:05pm)Connor Wrote:  This doesn't really surprise me as 2016 hasn't really been the year for on time openings, but Ghostrider has been delayed.
The Orange County Register

That's no surprise at all. If you would've seen this coaster up close and the horrible condition it was in you'd understand why this rehab is taking a while.
05/19/16 at 02:45am in Ghostrider
Ghostrider's new Millennium Flyers are loaded and ready to go.

Thanks given by:  Nicole
06/09/16 at 05:46pm in Ghostrider (Latest Edit: 06/09/16 at 05:54pm by Unagi.)
WOW! What a drastic improvement. I'm glad they're now running Millennium Flyers and no longer comes to an almost complete stop on the mid-course brakes. Kudos to GCI for this rehab and refurb!

YouTube Link
Thanks given by:  Nicole, Connor

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Contact Us | ParkFans Network | Return to Top | Lite (Archive) Mode | RSS Syndication | |