ParkFans Logo

Old Footage Of The Park

09/27/09 at 06:19pm in Old Footage Of The Park
I'll be posting old footage I find online in this thread.

I'll start it off with this old Video Tours video, this is part one of two, I'll be putting the second one up as soon as it is done uploading to YouTube.

YouTube Link

Twitter: @KingofWBurg
09/27/09 at 10:02pm in Old Footage Of The Park
Here's the second part of the Video Tours video.

YouTube Link

09/27/09 at 10:47pm in Old Footage Of The Park
Here's a commercial from 1984. This video had been taken down, glad to see it's back up now.

YouTube Link

Thanks given by:  Luke
09/27/09 at 10:50pm in Old Footage Of The Park
A couple old videos of Busch Gardens from approx. 1978. There is no sound.

YouTube Link

YouTube Link

01/24/10 at 10:31am in Old Footage Of The Park (Latest Edit: 01/24/10 at 10:32am by teresaponziani.)
Thanks for posting this great video!!! I have only been a passport member since 2004; therefore, I have not seen some of these earlier features of the park.
Thanks for posting this great video!!! I have only been a passport member since 2004; therefore, I have not seen some of these earlier features of the park.
01/24/10 at 12:03pm in Old Footage Of The Park
(09/27/09 10:02pm)Chris Wrote:  Here's the second part of the Video Tours video.

YouTube Link

You know, this is why I miss the old Busch Gardens... just look at all the street performers.

It brings back fond memories as I always enjoyed spotting the actors and watching their antics around the park.

I cannot imagine bringing some performers back would be THAT costly. I still want Sherlock Holmes and Watson back.... dag nab it.

BGW: Have a great day at Busch Gardens, The Old Country! KD: Ride on!
01/24/10 at 01:13pm in Old Footage Of The Park
Here's an old video called "Faraway Places: Journey to Busch Gardens":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUJf_xygajw

01/24/10 at 04:25pm in Old Footage Of The Park
These videos are wonderful. It's a shame that most of the street theater is gone.
01/24/10 at 09:45pm in Old Footage Of The Park
Re: Faraway Places

Waahhhh -BBW!

This was my childhood era at Busch Gardens. I was about 7 or 8 at the time of this video. The film really takes me back. (And reminds me of how horrible the fashions were).

BGW: Have a great day at Busch Gardens, The Old Country! KD: Ride on!
01/25/10 at 04:32pm in Old Footage Of The Park
They should bring back more street theater because it makes it more entertaining to go. And plus isn't one of the reasons for a theme park is to make the visitors think they are in the place that is the theme. Doesn't street theater help promote that reason.
01/29/10 at 03:18pm in Old Footage Of The Park
Man these videos are old! They have a long loading time.
06/28/11 at 11:04pm in Old Footage Of The Park
I know this is an old thread, but i figured it was worth posting. This is the Faraway Places video posted above but i believe its a higher quality

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2WIbEP2C...re=related
01/28/12 at 09:41am in Old Footage Of The Park (Latest Edit: 01/29/12 at 12:03am by Zachary.)
I found this video on youtube titled "Busch Gardens, Williamburg, VA--July 10, 1976". I donot own this nor did I post the original on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2W7Rxz9eCPs/

I do think it is a neat insight into what the park was like in its early years from a guest point of view.
Thanks given by:  This Is Not My Real Name
01/28/12 at 10:51pm in Old Footage Of The Park
That is awesome video. The guy who posted it linked it on the Busch Gardens Facebook page last night I watched it about 1:30 this morning and had to fight the urge to wake up my wife so she could see it too. It's amazing how it looks the same but is still so different.
05/26/12 at 03:49pm in Old Footage Of The Park
(01/28/12 09:41am)BGW know it all Wrote:  I found this video on youtube titled "Busch Gardens, Williamburg, VA--July 10, 1976". I donot own this nor did I post the original on youtube.

That might be the oldest home made POV video I've ever seen. I'm surprised someone would take their 8mm movie camera on a water ride. A couple good shots the glissade.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Contact Us | ParkFans Network | Return to Top | Lite (Archive) Mode | RSS Syndication | |