ParkFans Logo

The Next Coaster

12/12/12 at 11:46am in The Next Coaster
Screamscape Wrote:2015 - New Coaster - Rumor - (12/12/12) If the early rumor holds true, I’m hearing that we pretty much wont see anything at all added to Kings Dominion for the 2014 season while the park makes preparations for their next big coaster in 2015.

Sounds plausible.

Find Me: Twitter | Facebook | Google+
Contact Me: Private Message | Email

Our biggest foe is our inclination towards complacency and willingness to settle for mediocrity.
12/12/12 at 06:23pm in The Next Coaster
Where? I'm thinking maybe replacing one of the water rides. Or replacing rebel Yell

“Nothing stresses me out. Except having to seek the approval of my inferiors.” - Dwight Schrute

Former username: Ben
12/12/12 at 07:11pm in The Next Coaster
I've heard numerous rumors of this and makes complete sense. 5 years since there other coaster is a good time period.

Coaster Count: 115

"The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing." ~ Walt Disney
12/12/12 at 10:07pm in The Next Coaster
Could it go where hypersonic used to be?
12/12/12 at 11:29pm in The Next Coaster
Isn't Windseeker their?

“Nothing stresses me out. Except having to seek the approval of my inferiors.” - Dwight Schrute

12/12/12 at 11:34pm in The Next Coaster
Andaconda is sitting on prime real estate.
Thanks given by:  Ludwig II, Julia
12/13/12 at 12:04am in The Next Coaster (Latest Edit: 12/13/12 at 12:10am by redsoxfan787.)
(12/12/12 11:29pm)Ben Wrote:  Isn't Windseeker their?
Yes it is, nvm my comment. Is i305 in the location king cobra used to be?

Just did some research, it said Busch gardens is a 150 acre park, and Kings Dominion is a 400 acre park. Is this true? Because if so, they should have plenty of room for a new coaster
12/13/12 at 12:11am in The Next Coaster
Anaconda is. Anaconda's lift hill is actually directly over top of where it was. You can see the footers still.

We can get a nice shuttle on HyperSonics old station if they just tear out Hurler Grinning

Coaster Count: 115

"The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing." ~ Walt Disney
12/13/12 at 01:48am in The Next Coaster
The park can also get themselves out of that horrible corner they're painted in by doing that, too.
12/13/12 at 07:34am in The Next Coaster
(12/13/12 12:11am)Evan Wrote:  if they just tear out Hurler Grinning

It just got retracked...again. As much as I hate it, I think it is here to stay

12/13/12 at 10:39am in The Next Coaster
Wouldn't it be nice to see Cedar Fair employ RMC for an Iron Horse Conversion? Hurler could be a good ride if they did that; or Grizzly for that matter. Last time I was at the park Hurler was a smoother ride then Grizzly which surprised me; felt like I bruised my spine on Grizzly. Sadly I think that Iron Horse is more of a Six Flags type of thing, I can't see Cedar doing that. Hope they prove me wrong.

All that being said the park could really open up the back of the park by removing Hurler to expand behind Rebel Yell and the Water Park. According to the Property Information there is almost enough room back there for a whole park.

Waking up fresh every mornin'; Openin' up for you; Waitin' for your laughter; With so much new to do! Busch—Gardens! Busch—Gardens! Come to Busch Gardens and come to life! Come to Busch Gardens and come—to life!
Contact Me: Private Message | Email | Twitter | Coaster Count
Thanks given by:  SWStevo
12/13/12 at 04:51pm in The Next Coaster
The park tends to add a major ride every other season, so (going by their additions in the past decade or so) 2014 is the year some major ride/attraction will be added. The park is overdue for a waterpark expansion, so I have a feeling 2014 will be a Water Works to Soak City conversion. It would be a perfect excuse to replace some of those old, dated water slides with some shiny new ones.

Project Geauga Lake - Photos! - BGW Crowd Calendar - Don't look back, as you brave the Black Forest
12/13/12 at 05:15pm in The Next Coaster
Or just tear it out completely.
Thanks given by:  netdvn, Gavin
12/14/12 at 09:31pm in The Next Coaster
(12/13/12 05:15pm)B.Mac Wrote:  Or just tear it out completely.

This.

WaterWorks is the place you go if you want to catch the flu.
12/15/12 at 12:14am in The Next Coaster
Best part is you can fit a nice little launch coaster (KD is the launch coaster capital of the world) in the front half of Water Works.
Thanks given by:  SWStevo, Peyton

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Contact Us | ParkFans Network | Return to Top | Lite (Archive) Mode | RSS Syndication | |