ParkFans Logo

Holiday World 2014 and beyond

10/09/12 at 11:17pm in Holiday World 2014 and beyond
According to screamscape and Holiday World's announcement to the news about their future plans expect to see some big additions not in 2013, but surely in 2014, 2015, AND 2016. I can imagine one of those may be that long rumored steel coaster that's been around since The Voyage was built but I'm clueless about what else could be added.
10/10/12 at 12:31am in Holiday World 2014 and beyond
If they get Timberliners running on Voyage next year that will be a huge addition!
10/10/12 at 11:28am in Holiday World 2014 and beyond
I'm excited to see growth there. It has to be one of my favorite amusement parks. I imagine that there will probably be another water park expansion of of those years, any thoughts on if TWO coasters are in the works for the future?

Waking up fresh every mornin'; Openin' up for you; Waitin' for your laughter; With so much new to do! Busch—Gardens! Busch—Gardens! Come to Busch Gardens and come to life! Come to Busch Gardens and come—to life!
Contact Me: Private Message | Email | Twitter | Coaster Count
10/10/12 at 11:50am in Holiday World 2014 and beyond
(10/10/12 11:28am)Shane Wrote:  any thoughts on if TWO coasters are in the works for the future?

Not sure if there are two in the works but their next one will most likely be a steel coaster. Their GP crowd really wants one and they even did a poll a couple years ago asking what their next coaster should be and the consensus pick was a steel.

Besides, they really can't do another wood because nothing can top Voyage.
10/10/12 at 12:24pm in Holiday World 2014 and beyond
I wonder what a Holiday World + Rocky Mountain Coasters project would look like... Do want.

Find Me: Twitter | Facebook | Google+
Contact Me: Private Message | Email

Our biggest foe is our inclination towards complacency and willingness to settle for mediocrity.
10/12/12 at 11:20pm in Holiday World 2014 and beyond (Latest Edit: 10/12/12 at 11:24pm by Unagi.)
(10/10/12 12:24pm)Zachary Wrote:  I wonder what a Holiday World + Rocky Mountain Coasters project would look like... Do want.

I don't think they would install one. They're dedicated to working with Gravity Group since most of those guys had a hand in developing all their coasters (The first two with CCI and Voyage with Gravity Group).

If they are gonna do a steelie it won't be a hybrid type from Rocky Mountain Coasters.

The GP wants a steel and one that goes upside down. I expect them to maybe install a multi-inverting coaster. Maybe they can do a custom B&M invert like Oziris, the new one Parc Asterix. Plus there hasn't been a custom B&M invert built in the USA in a long time so it would be cool if they got one.
10/13/12 at 01:50am in Holiday World 2014 and beyond
To be fair, Rocky Mountain Coasters is doing multiple inversions now. It's obvious that Holiday World likes GravityGroup but it's also obvious that they like pushing the limits of what's possible with wooden coasters. RMC sorta fits that bill perfectly. They could easily snatch the inversion record for a "wooden coaster" from Silver Dollar City in 2014 if they wanted to...

Find Me: Twitter | Facebook | Google+
Contact Me: Private Message | Email

Our biggest foe is our inclination towards complacency and willingness to settle for mediocrity.
10/13/12 at 05:33am in Holiday World 2014 and beyond
(10/13/12 01:50am)Zachary Wrote:  To be fair, Rocky Mountain Coasters is doing multiple inversions now. It's obvious that Holiday World likes GravityGroup but it's also obvious that they like pushing the limits of what's possible with wooden coasters. RMC sorta fits that bill perfectly. They could easily snatch the inversion record for a "wooden coaster" from Silver Dollar City in 2014 if they wanted to...

It still would be viewed as a wood coaster by the GP. They want full-on steel and that's what HW will most likely give them.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Contact Us | ParkFans Network | Return to Top | Lite (Archive) Mode | RSS Syndication | |